“No problems”

InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
Ranked #10 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 3 October 2007

I read that the previous reviewer had problems with the service, but I'm pretty sure they are not because of priceline.

We booked through priceline for 2 days. Quick check-in, got a great room on a high floor (facing fox studios). Did not have any problems at all. Of course, we did not order any food. Valet parking is $30, usually dont prefer it but there is no choice here. However, the valet was flawless, never waited for more than a few minutes. The room was very spacious, with a separate study area and balcony.

On the other side, nothing is free in this hotel (nor did I expect it to be). Internet access is $10/day, even toll-free calls are $1, the minibar seal is better left unbroken. Called to find if they have a DVD player, but they did not. I think the hotel needs to start thinking about upgrading to flat panel televisions as well.

The area is clean and upscale. The Westfield Century city mall is nearby and walkable. The food court there is a possible alternative for food. For everything else, a car is needed. Rodeo drive is just 5-10 mins by car. Parking is surprisingly cheap at rodeo drive (sometimes even free). To those visiting Disneyland (we did not), it is probably better to stay in/around the Anaheim area and save on commute time. For exploring western los angeles (hollywood, beverly hills, universal studios, santa monica etc.) this location is great.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

Reviewed 2 October 2007

my husband and i stayed here for 2 nights during our month-long road trip. in all my traveling days, i have never received such poor customer service.

oh, where shall i begin? i guess at the beginning. we secured this room through priceline--i'm not sure if the hotel 'blackballs' priceliners, but it certainly seemed the case.

we checked in and were given a room on the 5th floor, front left corner. it was a really nice room until we tried to go to bed. we had a great room service 'late night snack' and were just heading to bed until the neighbors started winding up. from 11pm until i called downstairs at 1:15am the guests next door were having a rowdy party--complete with SHOUTING. now, i'm no stranger to neighbors and people living around me, but this was insane.

in the morning we asked the front desk if the neighbors would be staying for another night...they were. i asked if we could move rooms. the hotel said it wouldn't be a problem. they would move our bags for us while we were out.

we had ordered room service breakfast--what a rip--$20 for a carafe of coffee and ONE (1) slice of toast--in the menu they described a FEAST. i called room service to see what was flying but the woman said there was a TYPO (can you believe this?) on the menu and that the breakfast is only a slice of toast.

my husband and i left with the assurance that our bags would be moved to our new room--we got new keys and everything. we departed for the day and returned at 10:30pm to find NO BAGS in our new room.

i called downstairs and they showed up 40 minutes later with the bags. i also mentioned that we did not receive our morning wake up call--they had no record of it. i also asked the manager about comping us a breakfast because of the problem we had with the single piece of toast. he shunted me to the room service manager who kept me on hold for ELEVEN (11) minutes--oh, but i WAS NOT hanging up. now it was a battle of wills.

finally she took my call and said they would send up complimentary milk and cookies and soda. this was at 10:50pm. by 11:45pm we shut the lights and went to bed. they were obviously NEVER sending anything. i also called for a wake up call and they said no problem.

surprise surprise--no wake up call in the morning. i was livid. i called downstairs again--now i was angry about the milk & cookies and the lack of wake up calls TWO mornings in row. i felt like i was trapped in a french farce....it was hellish.

after the manager implied that he thought i was LYING about everything...he agreed to send up breakfast. 45 minutes later, we were packed up and leaving. as we opened the door to go, a bellman thrust a newspaper and an envelope containing a 'coupon' for breakfast. we couldn't be bothered...so we just left.

my husband and i are friendly, reasonable people. we would have been very happy if they would have sent up a complimentary carafe of coffee and some pastries. instead, they rachected up poor service to new heights and made us miserable--all while insinuating the mistakes were on our part.

the rooms were clean but the service was so shoddy that if i had to stay there again i would rather just pay the $37/day charge for valet and SLEEP IN MY CAR.

after a month on the road, staying at beautiful hotels across the country, my husband and i still think back on this place with a shudder. if the hotel doesn't want guests from priceline, why accept the bids? the entire staff should take the 'frostiness' down a notch and work on customer service skills.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
8  Thank cupcake711
Reviewed 1 October 2007

EVERYTHING IS PERFECT. WOULD STAY AGAIN...
Two things I did not like:
a) could not 2 beds and had to pay $25 per night for roll away.
b) parking is steep at $35 a night.
But I loved the service, location, condition and great rate I got.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Felix-7
Reviewed 21 September 2007

My husband and I stayed just one night at the InterContinental, September 14th, 2007. He was taking a pilot review test at the Santa Monica Airport. This location was very close and lovely. We arrived late at about 10pm...and had to depart the next am...so I was not able to truly enjoy this hotel.

We had a very low TA rate...and I think that is why we were giving a room on the 5th floor in the back, right over the entire A/C blowers & HVAC system. It was so loud, you really could not sit outside on the balcony. The bell desk and valet service was fantastic. The gym was very up to date with the newest electronic treadmills. The pool was quite and refreshing.

The Spa Menu was appealing and offered many selections. I did have a Latte' while waiting for my husband, and in the lobby bar it was $7.50. I don't know if that is normal for LA, but it seemed pricey.

Overall, this is a lovely hotel that offers complimentary Mercedes Benz Car Service within one mile of the property. I would recommended this hotel in the future.

Ktr....

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank ktrmeadow
Reviewed 19 September 2007

I was another Priceline occupant at the Intercontinental. The hotel is very cool looking from the outside. The rooms were better than average but could stand for a renovation in a year or so. The gym was nice and FREE which for me is a huge plus! The restaurant was amazing! The food totally yummy but came with a hefty price. Luckily I got a coupon from the front desk ($21.50 off the entree). I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2007

I rank the overall experience as "above average"-- but i wanted to rate it higher, as i think highly of the chain.
some great things about the hotel:

lobby- beautiful and elegant. the lobby flows out to the covered, outside, front area, which is actually quite a nice place to wait for your car, or for others to gather. (a comfy couch and chairs.)

rooms- fantastic sheets... and this happens to be something that matters a lot to me. firm and very comfy beds. very clean and
pretty (but small) bathrooms.
we had a "corner" room (there are many corners in this hotel) which gave us two windows. not a great view (the movie lot next door and their garden/reception area) - but it was nice to have all the light.

concierge- they were helpful and loaned me a cell phone charger using the honor system. much appreciated.

some not great things:

indifferent check-in. is there anything more off-putting? why don't hotels get how important this is to the overall experience??

mess-up with our keys. first, they wrote down the wrong room number and gave us the wrong key... we walked in and were really impressed with the room-- until we noticed a bunch of shoes on the floor and open suitcases. oops. someone else's room. they had us wait there (!! hard to imagine) and took us to our real room, which was way less wonderful. you just don't want to see how the other half lives, and then settle for your little roomlet... it hurts! no apologies for making us wait 20 minutes. just added to the cool bath we felt when we arrived.

you MUST have a car and parking is expensive ($37, i think.) it is just too far from everything to walk.. but it IS a wonderfully central location with a car. (beverly hills 5 min, westwood 5 min., santa monica 15 min. etc.)

we got a great deal with a priceline bid--$105. it's a great option at that price.

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank kawh
Reviewed 16 September 2007

This hotel is over $300 a night if you purchased it through the hotel website, but is available on Priceline for much less, and worth every cent. The room and bathroom were fabulous, as was the lobby, location, view from my room and hotel staff. The only possible complaint I would have is the valet-only parking at $30 a night. But for the convenience, cleanliness, and quality of this hotel, it was well worth it. You are very close to Beverly Hills, The Sunset Strip and Hollywood. It's just a couple of miles from the 405 freeway.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Downtown
Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!