“Had a great time here--One of the best hotel experiences we've had.”

InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
Ranked #10 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My significant other booked this hotel for our friends wedding off priceline. Apparently we lucked out on the price over labor day weekend. When we arrived, I was immediately impressed by the staff and their attentiveness. I loved the decor of the lobby as well. The bedroom was nice, and the bedding was amazing. I tried to convince my spouse to let me take the pillows, but he didn't want to get charged for them, haha. I will buy some soon!! The pool was nice, although the hot tub could use a little extra cleaning, and the view from our room was amazing. They have a free driver in a benz avaliable, which was a nice touch. I didn't care for the high priced valet, but there's no way around it. I also didn't like that the internet wasn't free, nor was really anything at the hotel for that matter. However, the service the hotel provided was really what made the stay amazing. We ordered delivery because we didn't want to pay the high prices for room service food, and the hotel called to ensure that we ordered food, and then escorted the person up. I personally thought it was a little much--we're modest type people, but it was nice to know they were so concerned.

Overall, we had a wonderful time and would return to this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Egordon12
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

Reviewed 31 August 2012

We stayed at the Intercontinental Century City in a suite (921) for 1.5 weeks in August 2012. Excellent room size, comfortable beds, spacious bathroom and nice pool area. The location is perfect for travellers who want to be close to Beverly Hills, Hollywood and good shopping facilities. Westwood's Century City shopping mall is literally in walking distance (5 min) and offers an excellent array of shops (Tory Burch, Bloomingdale's, True Religion, 7 for all Mankind etc.) as well as an AMC movie theatre and lots of good restaurants. Included in the hotel price was internet and free valet (unlimited in and outs). The hotel also offers free shuttle to Rodeo Drive .. in a black Mercedes S350.. quite in style! With the friendly hotel staff this hotel comes highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Booked this hotel via Priceline for one night by bidding for a four star in west Hollywood. For those that 'use the name your own price' function on Priceline you will know the name of the hotel is not revealed until the confirmation stage and was happy when I won this property as it was in Hollywood and was a good renowned name. However because of this I wasn't aware that I would have no choice but to Valet park at a cost of $35 per day. I say no choice as the direct environment the hotel is located offers no options to park on street and there is no self parking option. I understand now that it is quite normal for LA hotels to be valet park only but just be aware of this when comparing hotels as this charge could mount to some $$$s dependent on the length of your stay. What also made the charge quite frustrating was that we had managed to visit three major Cities in Vancouver, Seattle and San Francisco and garage charges by utilising 2-4 limited parking beside the hotels as we would be out for most the day and could usually park after 6:30pm until the next morning. But anyway the hotel is located in the Avenue of stars (no, not where the pavement stars are!) and close to a Westfield and Rodeo Drive etc. Upon arriving the Valets were happy with keeping our car close as we wanted to go straight out after a quick freshen up. The lobby is impressive and check in was smooth and offered tips on good vantage points to view the Hollywood sign. I recall the charge for wi-fi was around $12 dollars for 24 hour access which I wouldn't normally pay but needed to check in for flights back to London. The wi-fi access was really slow to a point where I had to give up on checking in as the pages were just not refreshing after waiting 15-20 mins . I explained this on checkout and was informed that the hotel was in the process of upgrading it's facilities and it was likely this caused the desperately slow wi-fi . The silver lining was that the charge for wi-fi was waived. The room was not really consistent with the wow factor of the lobby but was more then adequate fine for an overnight stay. Overall it was a pleasant stay with accommodating friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vinnyboy10
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Suburb service from time of check in to check out. They truly make guests feel special. The concierge service is second to none (special kudos to J Scott Worthington!!). They helped with our daily itineraries and their recommendations were great. They know LA !! As an example they even tell you where the parking deals are ie The Farmers Market (free 2 hour validated parking) and downtown Hollywood ($2. instead of the garage most tourists park at which was $20). The best concierge in my 50 years of traveling. The front desk staff were great as were the Housekeeping staff. Spotless rooms, balconies with great views, turn down service, towel replacement twice daily, free bottled water replaced daily just to mention a few. The spa was very luxurious with multiple treatment options, sauna, steam room etc. Yvette and Hoss provided top notch service at the Lounge and breakfast bar. While the parking is pricey the valets are quick and always helpful (even offering free bottled water for our daily trips). Overall an excellent stay all around. Highly recommended hotel where service is job 1!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JonnyBeGood
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I am a hotel executive and tend to be a fairly harsh critic of other hotels. However, when I stay at hotel that "Gets it" its always a pleasure to refer others to it. The Intercon Century City is such a hotel. The hotel is beautiful, as would be expected by any Intercontinental Brand hotel, but more impressive was that in my brief stay there I did not come across a single team member who did not go out of their way to smile and sincerely greet me and make me feel welcome there. The location is also central to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and LAX. I highly recommend! this hotel to others.

Room Tip: I stayed in a 1BR suite which was perfect.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank SynergySteve1
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Enjoyed a one night stay in Los Angeles back in July. First time ever in an Intercontinental Hotel. Such a beautifuly property with great service. We enjoyed a one bedroom suite which was roomy. There were also 2 balconies which had endless views of the city. They also will shuttle you free to Beverly Hills which is very close to the resort. Will definitely stay at the Intercontinental Century City again!!

Room Tip: Free shuttle to Beverly Hills!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kobesan2000
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I am very loyal to the InterContinental brand and usually stay at one of their locations when I travel for business and pleasure (which I do quite a bit).

While the service at the Los Angeles InterContinental didn't disappoint, this hotel is in desperate need of renovations. The entrance and lobby look great, but that's it. The wood in the elevators are chipped and the metal is stained and pitted...the hallways have stained carpets and severely marked-up walls and doors...and the rooms are at least 5 to 8 years past their renovation point.

I was upgraded to a suite and was told it was one of their nicest rooms in the hotel. Bottom line, the carpets were stained, the wallpaper was curling off the wall, the HVAC system was loud and didn't work, and all the woodwork and furniture was chipped and old. Worse of all, the rooms were beginning to get that musty, 'old hotel' smell.

I'm very disappointed at InterContinental. I would expect better from their usually great brand. Four-star hotel? Not even close.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Downtown
Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!