This was the first hotel we stayed at on our honeymoon to CA, and the overall experience was Excellent. They upgraded us to their honeymoon suite, the room was spacious with our balcony overlooked Hollywood Hills and the famous Hollywood sign.
The location of the hotel was excellent, located in quite suburbs and yet conveniently close to Beverly Hills and the Westfield shopping centre. The room was well provisioned, clean and the bed was comfortable. Biggest inconvenience was the expensive WIFI which in this day and age should be free in the bedrooms.
The staff was courteous and friendly, the bell desk staff was particularly helpful with suggestions about places to visit, booking tickets and providing local information and maps. However, I would recommend not to buy the tour tickets from the hotel but to actually go to Hollywood walk of fame where one can haggle and buy the same tour tickets for less than half the price, which is what we did and saved a packet.
The food was delicious, although a bit expensive. We had breakfast the two days we were there, the breakfast buffet being priced $25 plus taxes, we opted for the A la carte menu which turned out to be cheaper and portions were substantial.
The overall stay was comfortable, and helped us recover from our jet lag and prepare ourselves for onward journey through CA and Nevada. The only thing that bothered us were the valet charges, which we found a bit steep at $30 a day plus taxes, but then again that must be the going rate for most good hotels in Los Angles. We would definitely recommend a stay at this hotel to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Los Angeles Century City is a taste of true Hollywood style. Our convenient Westside address is within walking distance of 20th Century Fox Studios, MGM Tower, Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive and upscale shopping at Westfield Century City. A quick drive will take you to the Getty Center, Los Angeles city centre, UCLA or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, IHG and Booking.com so you can book your InterContinental Los Angeles Century City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Los Angeles Century City Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Intercontinental