“Surprising Elegance”

InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
Ranked #10 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 7 December 2013

A manager introduced me to this hotel after I met her at an unrelated event. I agreed to meet her for lunch, and she gave me a tour of this beautiful place. When I was entertaining neurosurgeons, I brought them here for drinks and appetizers at Park Grill. It was a perfect setting; a little removed from the Century City Towers, but I do not mind, think of it as a little hideaway, quiet, but very accommodating, clean, and professional. I continue to go back to entertain clients here. I also gifted a spa package to a friend. It's conveniently close to work, perfect for late nights or if you are in need for a great location if traveling for business. The people are friendly and you can expect high caliber service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This chain is always a safe bet. The location is a bit off the track if you are on foot, but close enough by car to everything. It's what you would expect from a better than average hotel in USA. Clean, efficient, friendly, all to a perfect formula.

Room Tip: if you intend staying at a few hotels in the chain, joining the Gold Ambassador Club for automatic r...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Arrived late into the intercontinental hotel from UK and greeted to a friendly welcome.

Checkin was efficient and everything was prepared for my arrival.

Upgraded to a executive suite with sweeping views over LA.

I booked the hotel due to the location near Santa Monica and Beverly Hills and this didn't disappoint.

Los Angeles is a place for a car, but we opted to grab a quick cab to get around.

The VIP lounge is the smallest I have ever seen, but was very comfortable when sorting out restaurants etc.

Very happy that I booked the hotel, would return

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Edinburgh_FM
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Pleasant enough hotel in a nice part of town. Slightly tired rooms - the door was chipped and peeling, and the shower control was distinctly wonky (room 1028 if you're reading this, management). But the bed was wonderfully comfortable and the staff were engaging, friendly and helpful. Bonus points for top class shampoos etc in the bathroom. But one star deducted for charging for wifi. Considering the number of small B & B's we stayed in all over the US that cheerfully provided it for free, this is bordering on unacceptable

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gplk
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear gplk,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here in a business trip. Per se, the hotel is all you can expect from a typical business hotel. Good facilities and I had a free buffet breakfast included. However, I can't complain enough for the service: I checked in at 9pm, ordered room service, and checked out the next morning at 9am. I got my invoice and was asked if I used the minibar, which I did not, so confirmed it. 2 weeks afterwards, I got my corporate credit card statement and I was charged an additional $35 for "expenses". I called to check and after 2 trials, I was told that I consumed a water (which was part of my room service, and already paid for), 2 cokes and a beer while in the room. I disputed the claim but apparently at 4:45pm LA time there is no manager at work that can review my case and none can give me attention over the phone for few days. So I was sent to a voice mailbox and that was it. I am not sure I will not be charged for these ridiculous expenses. Also it is pretty upsetting that a business hotel that sent me my invoice by email, decides to charge me another $35 and does not advice me in any way. Since rooms are NOT cheap, this is not what I expected it. Stay somewhere else in Century Plaza if you can. This is the first and LAST time I am staying here.

Room Tip: Just make sure they do not add expenses after you left without telling you!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Cristina C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Cristina C,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Isolation is the only drawback of this beautiful hotel (originally built as the JW Marriott, but now an Interconti). Century City is the problem, not the hotel. This vast area abutting Beverly Hills was once the back lot of 21 Century Fox Studios, In fact, all the room on the back side of the hotel look over the studio. The movie company had to sell this land after the disaster of Cleopatra way back in the 1950's. And developers back then never thought that anyone would want to walk when they could drive. So Century City is pretty inhospitable to foot travel. The broad avenues span the distance between high rise office buildings. At night it is deserted. There is a Westfield Mall at then other end of the tract with restaurants at the far end of that, but it is a good 20 minute hike from the hotel. So you are kind of isolated here, and if you do have a car there is nowhere to park except the $35 a day valet parking. The plus side of isolation is a great hotel, first class outdoor swimming pool, and if you are on jet lag, spectacular views of the sun rising over LA and setting over the Pacific Ocean.

Room Tip: East side if you like sunrise views of LA, west side for sunset over the Pacific
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobertitoL
Reviewed 24 November 2013

There are many individual touches at this hotel that set it above what we had stayed in on our around the world trip. The welcome, the friendly, helpful and very informative porters, the spacious room, the restaurant, pool area and of course the complimentary chauffeur driven Mercedes. We were really looked after from the moment we arrived until we left.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Downtown
Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!