InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$617
US$474
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$244
US$294
US$266
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$147
US$132
US$119
US$335
US$234
2,196 results
All reviewsfox studiosbeverly hillsambassador memberwestfield mallrodeo drivehouse carsanta monicacar serviceroom servicemile radiusvalet parkingupgraded to a suiteone bedroom suitean upgradehotel is beautifulcorner roomhollywood sign
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 September 2007

I rank the overall experience as "above average"-- but i wanted to rate it higher, as i think highly of the chain.
some great things about the hotel:

lobby- beautiful and elegant. the lobby flows out to the covered, outside, front area, which is actually quite a nice place to wait for your car, or for others to gather. (a comfy couch and chairs.)

rooms- fantastic sheets... and this happens to be something that matters a lot to me. firm and very comfy beds. very clean and
pretty (but small) bathrooms.
we had a "corner" room (there are many corners in this hotel) which gave us two windows. not a great view (the movie lot next door and their garden/reception area) - but it was nice to have all the light.

concierge- they were helpful and loaned me a cell phone charger using the honor system. much appreciated.

some not great things:

indifferent check-in. is there anything more off-putting? why don't hotels get how important this is to the overall experience??

mess-up with our keys. first, they wrote down the wrong room number and gave us the wrong key... we walked in and were really impressed with the room-- until we noticed a bunch of shoes on the floor and open suitcases. oops. someone else's room. they had us wait there (!! hard to imagine) and took us to our real room, which was way less wonderful. you just don't want to see how the other half lives, and then settle for your little roomlet... it hurts! no apologies for making us wait 20 minutes. just added to the cool bath we felt when we arrived.

you MUST have a car and parking is expensive ($37, i think.) it is just too far from everything to walk.. but it IS a wonderfully central location with a car. (beverly hills 5 min, westwood 5 min., santa monica 15 min. etc.)

we got a great deal with a priceline bid--$105. it's a great option at that price.

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank kawh
Reviewed 16 September 2007

This hotel is over $300 a night if you purchased it through the hotel website, but is available on Priceline for much less, and worth every cent. The room and bathroom were fabulous, as was the lobby, location, view from my room and hotel staff. The only possible complaint I would have is the valet-only parking at $30 a night. But for the convenience, cleanliness, and quality of this hotel, it was well worth it. You are very close to Beverly Hills, The Sunset Strip and Hollywood. It's just a couple of miles from the 405 freeway.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank DUCKDUCKG00SE
Reviewed 13 September 2007

This was my first time in L.A and also my first trip away with just "the girls" I didnt know what to expect about the hotel, because as you drive through L.A, some areas can look pretty overwhelming. However, as soon as we go there, it was like a dream come true. All four of us couldn't have asked for more! The servie there was excellent. We honestly felt like stars! We ate in the restaurant there once only because the food can be a little pricey, but it was really good.

Honestly, I could say alot of good stuff about this hotel...but i think i would write for hours. All i can say is that if i ever go back to L.A i will return to this hotel. Great price, great service, and just great people over all!

The only one thing that wasn;t so great was the fact that it is a little ways away from all the areas that, as a tourist, you want to go see. I suggest to rent a car for the majority of your stay if you do stay here. However, you do a complimentary mercedes (with a driver, theres two and one of the guys is the funniest! his name is junior, he is a great guy) and they will take anywhere within a certain distance though, for example Rodeo drive).

Overall GREAT hotel

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank Missy1985
Reviewed 8 September 2007

I travel. Alot. Mostly for business, but my wife and I mix in our fair share of fun traveling. If I'm traveling for business, I tend to stay at Marriott properties because the company is paying and I like the Marriott Rewards program. When it's personal, we like to roll the dice with Priceline to get a nice hotel room at a great price. Priceline has yet to let us down, and this includes the Intercontinental Century City. The hotel staff was friendly and attentive, our room was a decent size 300 to 400 sq ft., and the bed comfortable. Sure, the tv could have been a flat screen, and the bathroom amenities could have been high end, but they weren't and for $90/night on Priceline (rack was 3x's that) who's complaining. Besides, I'm in that room to sleep, not watch tv or sit in a tub.

The hotel's location is another one of its attributes. It's a short drive to Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and Hollywood. Also, if you happen to get a room on the back side, your neighbor is the Fox Studios, so you could get the extra bonus of seeing, Brad, Angelina, Scarlett or George.

If I had to give it failing marks in one area, it would be the parking situation. There is NO garage for self parking, and you can't park your car along Avenue of the Stars, because there isn't any. They've got a monoply on parking, and they make no apologies for sticking you with a $30/night rate.

All in all, it's a nice hotel. What makes it even better is that you can probably get it on Priceline for a fraction of the normal rate.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CSwan
Reviewed 30 August 2007

Very good/excellent hotel. I got this hotel on priceline for $100 a night for a weekend stay. Which for the quality of the hotel and being in Los Angeles, you can't beat the value. I did a lot of research trying to find the right hotel for the right price. I was a little disappointed when I got this hotel on priceline due to the location, but I quickly changed my mind upon arrival. The staff is top notch. The rooms are great. Coffee downstairs in the morning. Sunday morning paper at my door. Car service to the surrounding area. Fox studios right next door. We were given a king on the 14th floor. Great room. Large bathroom. Comfortable king size bed. It had two floor to ceiling windows with a walk out patio!!! The patio was the size of the motel 6 room we stayed up the coast in. Seriously, two lounge chairs, table, and two sun chairs, on the large patio overlooking Beverly Hills, Downtown, Hollywood, and all the surrounding hills. You could see the Hollywood sign from our balcony on a clear morning. Very quiet up that high too. We stayed in room 1411. I would highly suggest room 1411, or maybe just a little better than that, room 1407.

Only drawbacks. $30 valet only hotel parking. Was 30% of my room rate. But, very convenient and fast. And to a lesser extent. Location. There is nothing immediately around the hotel. No neighborhood. Beverly Hills is just a few streets away by car, but nothing you really want to walk to. But, if this hotel were right in the middle of one of the trendy neighborhoods, you wouldn't be getting it for $100 a night on priceline either. I would stay here again for sure. We loved it.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple