“Awesome ribs!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Venice
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Decided to stop by Baby Blues BBQ while I was out in LA for a wedding. Like others, we saw the place on Triple D, and the food more then exceeded our expectations. Even with the line outside the door, the wait was only around 20 minutes. The staff was great, they answered all of our questions and we never had to ask for refills as they were on it before we even had a chance to ask. Food was excellent, by far the best BBQ I've had, both the Memphis style and baby backs were super tender and it took no effort to eat as once you took a bit the meat just seemed to fall of the bone. We also tried the banana pudding and it was great with an airy texture and was a great way to end the meal. I would suggest if you are around LA to stop by and get some ribs.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My first introduction to Baby Blues was at the Santa Monica BBQ festival and they were hands down the crowd favorite. I just had to visit the restaurant!! My wife and I were very fortunate to have a stool at the counter where we could watch the line in action. There is not a single thing on their menu that I can not joyfully recommend. The meats are done low & slow and finished on the grill and are amazingly delicious. The mac & cheese is so good that people will order a second portion to take with them. The pulled pork may be the weakest offering, but I have managed to enjoy it immensely. Just needs a hit of the seasoned cider vinegar that is on the counter along with a couple of sauces if you need one. The sweet tea is sweet, the beer offerings are correct. The atmosphere is minimal BBQ-Shack-esque. Sometimes Baby Blues can appear to be more crowded than it is because they do a huge take away business. Then again they can also be very busy and you may have to wait. Being profiled on DDD didn't hurt that's for sure, but it comes down to the food and the people and it all speaks for itself very well. I think it's well worth it. Oh ... The Last Rib. The first time I visited Baby Blues I was down to the last rib when the mamager came over to see how things were. I told her that everything was great until I got to the last rib. She was very concerned and asked what was wrong? I told her, "It was the last rib." (I wanted more.)

1  Thank TheDaveo
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've eaten ribs all over and Baby Blues baby backs are as good as I've eaten. Their beef rib... and note its rib and not ribs, is like a thick steak on a bone. I use fork and knife, but the beef is tender and delicious. I've not had a bad meal and I eat here regularly.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I had heard about Baby Blues BBQ from the Food Network and decided to give it a try. It's was pretty busy when we arrived and everyone seemed to be enjoying there meals. The restaurant has a nice southern vibe to the place. Now as far as the food goes, I think I might of had my expectations set very high because I wasn't impressed at all. It wasn't bad but by far not even close to the best ribs and chicken.

1  Thank pauljalessi
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We saw Baby Blues BBQ on the Food Network and thought we would give it a try. Boy, are we glad we did. We arrived and there was a short wait, but a hostess told us to give her our order and she would get it cooking. We had six people so we ordered the "Teaser". We were seated in 10 minutes. Our drink order was taken and our food arrived. The Teaser had a bit of all their meats and 4 sides. I can't say anything was better than anything else. It was all good Southern cooking. The one side dish that we all agreed was the best was the macaroni and cheese. It is a must order. The service was outstanding. Our drinks were always full and my server let me test a bunch of side dishes for free. Any time I take friends to LAX I am stopping by Baby Blues BBQ.