“Not so good for the first time experience”
Review of O Hotel

O Hotel
Ranked #151 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 October 2011

The rooms had a musty and moldy smell. The shower has no shower head and you have to take a shower using a small handheld shower head.
The floor creaks and you can hear people walking on the upper floor.
They put me in a room that was in the back of the hotel and I woke up at 5:00 am with the sound of garbage trucks which went on for one hour. After talking to the front desk, they informed me that they gave me one of the worst rooms and there were plenty of other choices when I arrived. One of the attendants told me that the room was not a good choice. He apologized, changed my room and asked me to talk to the manager. When I asked the manager, I was told that is not true and there is no such a thing and it is normal in LA to end up in a room that is backed up to an ally and you wake up to the noise of a garbage truck.
There is a mandatory charge for getting two waters, use of Golds gym and internet which should be optional.
Offering breakfast was nice and very convenient.
The bar is nice and the bartender knows his drinks :)
If the customer service was good, I would have given a better rating :(

Room Tip: Do not go to the back of the hotel and choose the top floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 October 2011

You typically get what you pay for, and in this case, you get more than average. Great location, good amenities, very competitive pricing. I've stayed twice and both times the staff has been almost excessively friendly and helpful. Yes, there are better hotels in LA. But you will pay much, much more... The O Hotel is my first choice when staying in downtown LA.
TIP: the restaurant on the premise is EXCELLENT! Great happy hour specials, good and interesting food and wines, and, interestingly enough, seemingly heavily favored by locals (a good sign!).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the back alley
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We are locals from L.A. and wanted an inexpensive but nice, clean hotel for a one night stay during the LA Food & Wine Festival Event. They offered a very competitive rate while other nearby hotels were extremly expensive for this particular weekend. They were very close proximity to LA Live/Nokia center where all the festivities were taking place.

Yes the rooms are small but it didn't bother us at all (having traveled to NY and Paris) older establishments have smaller accommodations sometimes. Our room was clean, affordable and comfortable. You can also park next door for $11 a day in a covered parking lot which is what we opted to do.

My advice - if you are staying more than 2 nights I would request a room facing the street for more of a view and better lighting. Our view was of another old building but that didn't bother us either for our 1x night stay.

They now offer free gym services at Gold's Gym down the street which is nice.

We would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Nikki_C_Asst_Mgr, Director of Sales at O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Hello sjakck91, we're so pleased you enjoyed your stay, please contact me directly if you would like to book in the future, we would love to host you again.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

I stayed there awhile ago but still remember how clean and comfortable everything was. I did not get breakfast except my last day it was croissants, fruit and coffee, and the restaurant closed early so I didn't get to eat there. The desk people were nice, they allowed me to change and rebook because I caught a cold, and the lobby is cool/arty with rock star paintings and fireplace. Housekeeping put in fresh towels and made bed every day.
Great value for LA, it is out of the way if you are going anywhere outside of downtown, but I would definitely stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Angie R
Nikki_C_Asst_Mgr, Director of Sales at O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

Hi Angie, we're very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, we'd love to host you in the future!

Reviewed 19 August 2011

The hotel is located at downtown LA, two streets away from the fashion district.
There are some restaurants and a Ralf's supermarket around.
The hotel looks from the webside better as in reality.
The room's are ok, but small.
The same with the bathroom, there is no shower curtain or something else, so
the bathroom will be wet after shower.
The hotel offer's a small breakfast means coffee, juice and croissants.
There is no spa, but a small room for fitness.
There is a parking garage next to hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

We are sorry to hear your experience was less than 100%, we are constantly working to better ourselves. As an example we have recently began to install glass doors on all of the showers. We were able to maintain the chic Euro-look only now the water will remain in the shower.

The breakfast is an upgraded Continental Breakfast including day of fresh pastries. We're happy to announce our spa will be launching early next year and still offer in-house spa treatments.

In addition to our boutique gym, our guests enjoy a complimentary membership to the newly remodeled Gold's Gym on Figueroa, including access to their fitness classes (yoga, spinning, pilates, etc.).

We hope we will be able to host you again in the future.

We do not offer direct parking but the garage next door offers a very competitive rate per night.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

I gave high remarks back in January, but I'm changing my ratings based on reviews given in the past months. We had problems here with no hot running water, refrigerator being broken, and poor customer service (during reservations booking). Joe (front desk) provides excellent customer service, but with the Sales Manager leaving, it seems like this hotel has gone down. I will look elsewhere for my firm bookings as they weren't even apologetic for the lack of hot running water.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

We are sorry to hear your experience was not as great as your last stay with us. After this issue we had our boiler upgraded and the problem was fixed. The charm of a historic building also includes its occasional hiccups. We know this does not change your experience but we would be happy to accommodate you in the future should you allow us the opportunity.

Reviewed 11 August 2011

This is a modern hotel suited to a couple or 1 person per room, bathroom door slides and not that much privacy. There is no on site parking but it's next door, great bar and restaurant - I stay here if I get a rate of $ 130 or less...

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

We're are glad to hear you had a nice stay with us. We have listened to the concerns of our guests and began installing glass doors on all of our showers. We hope to host you in the future.