“The only good thing was the BAR!”
Review of O Hotel

O Hotel
Ranked #144 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Charlotte, North Carolina
“The only good thing was the BAR!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The room was nice, but we were overcharged 2 times for the entire stay on our credit card and thank god we noticed and the amount was high enough to notice. I am wondering if they have done that before and gotten lucky nobody saw it. It wasn't a simple mistake since it happen 2 times so I am sure they knew it was done. When I called they said they were doing a credit, but then I waited a month and they never did it. I called again, spoke to the manager and then they argued with me about doing the credit. They then saw I was right, fixed it, but did not fully refund what was agreed before. Check your statements closely when staying at this hotel. The best part of this hotel is the BAR! This is by far the BEST BAR IN LA! The staff is friendly, caring, and the best anywhere. They helped me celebrate my dad's anniversary of his death with me and that was so special for me and they made it even more easier for me. I will always rememeber them for that. The stay would have been awesome if they just had not screwed up the credit card and the room was not the most comfortable either for a "king" room. GO for a drink but stay somewhere else to sleep.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 28 October 2011

The rooms had a musty and moldy smell. The shower has no shower head and you have to take a shower using a small handheld shower head.
The floor creaks and you can hear people walking on the upper floor.
They put me in a room that was in the back of the hotel and I woke up at 5:00 am with the sound of garbage trucks which went on for one hour. After talking to the front desk, they informed me that they gave me one of the worst rooms and there were plenty of other choices when I arrived. One of the attendants told me that the room was not a good choice. He apologized, changed my room and asked me to talk to the manager. When I asked the manager, I was told that is not true and there is no such a thing and it is normal in LA to end up in a room that is backed up to an ally and you wake up to the noise of a garbage truck.
There is a mandatory charge for getting two waters, use of Golds gym and internet which should be optional.
Offering breakfast was nice and very convenient.
The bar is nice and the bartender knows his drinks :)
If the customer service was good, I would have given a better rating :(

Room Tip: Do not go to the back of the hotel and choose the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 October 2011

You typically get what you pay for, and in this case, you get more than average. Great location, good amenities, very competitive pricing. I've stayed twice and both times the staff has been almost excessively friendly and helpful. Yes, there are better hotels in LA. But you will pay much, much more... The O Hotel is my first choice when staying in downtown LA.
TIP: the restaurant on the premise is EXCELLENT! Great happy hour specials, good and interesting food and wines, and, interestingly enough, seemingly heavily favored by locals (a good sign!).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the back alley
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We are locals from L.A. and wanted an inexpensive but nice, clean hotel for a one night stay during the LA Food & Wine Festival Event. They offered a very competitive rate while other nearby hotels were extremly expensive for this particular weekend. They were very close proximity to LA Live/Nokia center where all the festivities were taking place.

Yes the rooms are small but it didn't bother us at all (having traveled to NY and Paris) older establishments have smaller accommodations sometimes. Our room was clean, affordable and comfortable. You can also park next door for $11 a day in a covered parking lot which is what we opted to do.

My advice - if you are staying more than 2 nights I would request a room facing the street for more of a view and better lighting. Our view was of another old building but that didn't bother us either for our 1x night stay.

They now offer free gym services at Gold's Gym down the street which is nice.

We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Nikki_C_Asst_Mgr, Director of Sales at O Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Hello sjakck91, we're so pleased you enjoyed your stay, please contact me directly if you would like to book in the future, we would love to host you again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I stayed there awhile ago but still remember how clean and comfortable everything was. I did not get breakfast except my last day it was croissants, fruit and coffee, and the restaurant closed early so I didn't get to eat there. The desk people were nice, they allowed me to change and rebook because I caught a cold, and the lobby is cool/arty with rock star paintings and fireplace. Housekeeping put in fresh towels and made bed every day.
Great value for LA, it is out of the way if you are going anywhere outside of downtown, but I would definitely stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Angie R
Nikki_C_Asst_Mgr, Director of Sales at O Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Hi Angie, we're very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, we'd love to host you in the future!
Hongkong
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The hotel is located at downtown LA, two streets away from the fashion district.
There are some restaurants and a Ralf's supermarket around.
The hotel looks from the webside better as in reality.
The room's are ok, but small.
The same with the bathroom, there is no shower curtain or something else, so
the bathroom will be wet after shower.
The hotel offer's a small breakfast means coffee, juice and croissants.
There is no spa, but a small room for fitness.
There is a parking garage next to hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
We are sorry to hear your experience was less than 100%, we are constantly working to better ourselves. As an example we have recently began to install glass doors on all of the showers. We were able to maintain the chic Euro-look only now the water will remain in the shower.

The breakfast is an upgraded Continental Breakfast including day of fresh pastries. We're happy to announce our spa will be launching early next year and still offer in-house spa treatments.

In addition to our boutique gym, our guests enjoy a complimentary membership to the newly remodeled Gold's Gym on Figueroa, including access to their fitness classes (yoga, spinning, pilates, etc.).

We hope we will be able to host you again in the future.

We do not offer direct parking but the garage next door offers a very competitive rate per night.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I gave high remarks back in January, but I'm changing my ratings based on reviews given in the past months. We had problems here with no hot running water, refrigerator being broken, and poor customer service (during reservations booking). Joe (front desk) provides excellent customer service, but with the Sales Manager leaving, it seems like this hotel has gone down. I will look elsewhere for my firm bookings as they weren't even apologetic for the lack of hot running water.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
We are sorry to hear your experience was not as great as your last stay with us. After this issue we had our boiler upgraded and the problem was fixed. The charm of a historic building also includes its occasional hiccups. We know this does not change your experience but we would be happy to accommodate you in the future should you allow us the opportunity.