“Utilitarian clean room, friendly staff”
Review of O Hotel

O Hotel
Ranked #155 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We had a very comfortable stay here. Our room was spotless and the bed very comfortable. On the down side not many rooms have views but despite the wall of the parking station next door being just metres from our window the room felt light and airy. Great value given the location, and that same parking station was extremely convenient.

Room Tip: Avoid 509 if you want to open a window - noisy aircon duct outside.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mature_traveller00

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here two weeks ago so we could walk to the LA Beer Fest and be close to the Shrine Auditorium. The hotel was super clean and modern. Parking is next door in a parking structure for about $16 (I think the hotel website tells you it's $11). They had a cool restaurant downstairs, free wifi, and the room was a pretty good size. The location was great for what we were doing and it was pretty quiet at night. The only downside was that the room was pretty dark. There were a lot of lights, but they were in weird places so the room didn't get that bright, but I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short stay in LA.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MacKennaMar
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was at the O for a week for work. We were given several hotel options with discounted rates. I selected the O because it looked like a fantastic, chic, boutique hotel in downtown LA. While the staff was nice and the location convenient, the room was below an acceptable standard. Everyone else I know who chose the O also complained about it not being up to be up to their expectations.

CONS:
The furniture was scuffed and carpet seemed moldy - all of which I probably could have dealt with if the bathroom had not been so awful. The shower door didn't shut properly and the water (shower, sink, toilet) had a terrible sulfur smell. The room literally filled with a horrible smell every time water was run.

PROS:
Again, nice staff, good location.
Convenient parking lot next door.
Free continental breakfast in the lobby was a nice touch.
The restaurant is FANTASTIC! I had a wonderful dinner there.

Overall, I got the impression this was a very run down property that was taken over by O. Hopefully, they are still in the process of improving it and it will become a property worth trying again down the line.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Alix S
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 Lakers games. Boutique hotel. Super friendly and helpful desk clerks. 1 block from metro, 3 blocks from staples centre/LA live. Hotel small. Redone rooms. Lobby modern feel. Funny smell when you enter lobby. Nice free continental daily breakfast. Room ok size for 2 people. SMART TV. Free water bottles in room. Free phone calls in US and Canada. Fridge was not cold enough. Sink In bathroom poor drainage. Double sized shower nice, but we didn't like the removable shower head (too short and wouldn't stay pointed to correct placement). Lots of placea to eat at various price points around O hotel. Noise from night club (thump thump) until late, but I was able to fall sleep. Picked this hotel for location and price and would stay here again and recommend it to others.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Avery dary entry and registration. Others labeled it a vampire hotel. Very small rooms with no closet but a "cubbie hole" to hang my suits up. Bathroom so small that I had to turn side ways to shave and the lighting was not very good in front of the mirror. The towels were the best ever. In my opinion this location is not worth the price. Second day they cleaned the room and didn't replace towels or floor mat.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jesse F, Manager at O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay! I have passed along your housekeeping questions to our housekeeping manager. Again thank you and have a great day!

Regards,

Jesse

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed here one night on a business trip. The rooms are small, but they are comfortable. The size is just fine for one or two people. The bathroom is also small, but how much space does one really need? I really liked the décor. I loved the bed- so soft! My room was very quiet.
The staff were very friendly. The breakfast was fairly simple but good- bagels, pastries, cereal, coffee, and juice.
The location was very convenient to other downtown attractions. However, at night it can be a little sketchy.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a King Room, which had a decent view of the street
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I recently stayed at the O Hotel for a business trip. The hotels that were assigned for my conference were booked and my assistant booked me at the O Hotel. The hotel has a chic lobby that has a nice fireplace and sitting area. The lobby is loud as it is near a bar and lounge however my room was quiet. The room was stylishly decorated with nice light fixtures and a distinctive headboard. The room was tiny but I felt that the space was used well. However, the hotel has the small dorm-sized ironing board, which makes ironing challenging (I did not like that).

I don't think that this is a bad hotel but it's not ideal for a business trip. And, I don't think that the hotel was meant to target business travelers. I will say that the staff is extremely accommodating. I would go to the hotel again if I was visiting on leisure but not for a business trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business