“Beautifully cared for basic motel”
Review of Villa Brasil Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Villa Brasil Motel
Ranked #154 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The abundance of flowers outside and floral stencils inside help make the atmosphere of this motel charming. Room is clean, but small, ok for 2, wouldn't want to try with a family. Coffee, microwave, and frig provided, with a cozy table and stools allowed us to breakfast in the room most days. Great coffee shop and clean laundromat right across the street. We spent 12 days here and returned for one night later. Brazilian restaurant attached provided a change of pace for a couple of dinners (get a cheese roll, a 90 cent addition). Few frills here (except for the coffee and fresh fruit provided), but a very good basic value.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Villa Brasil Motel

Reviewed 3 July 2013

If you need a place to stay in Culver City, and don't want to burn holes in your pockets, I heartily give my recommendation to the Villa Brasil Motel. We have stayed there twice: once in winter, and once in summer. The owners have transformed this old property into a beautiful escape from the busy roads just outside. Very soft beds, gorgeous decorations, flora everywhere, and even fresh fruit placed in your rooms and on the patio tables outside. It kind of reminded us of some island getaways in the Philippines.
Cons: some of the walls are thinner, only a radiator is available for heating in winter, and some bed frames are squeaky.
But, like I said, we have been there twice because we enjoyed our stay so much! We also could not get enough of the Brazilian food from the attached restaurant.
Tips:
1. If there is a choice of rooms available, ask the staff which one is his or her favorite!
2. Eat at the Brazilian restaurant at least once.
3. Enjoy a drink or breakfast (from the nearby coffee shop) outside at one of the patio tables.

Room Tip: We enjoyed room numbers 108 and 111.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mikaela K
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This place is like home. A little quirky if you are not from Brazil but comfortable and affordable. The price is certainly right. They won't disturb you unless you want to be disturbed. Did not use the restaurant but got coffee across the street. Sat outside the room in the highly decorated and foliaged sitting area. Not far from services and only about 10-15 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank 24CAMERAMAN24
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Motel is pretty with lots of flowers and plants around the area. The check-in process via on line is difficult - have to send in a pdf file page filled out. The room has a refrigerator and sink and microwave, but the room was small - too small. OK for sleeping as it was quiet. No breakfast although there was apples in the room. Associated restaurant was nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bob4psu
Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

The owner paid great attention in making the rooms comfortable. Rooms are equipped with microwave, refrigerator and even coffee boiler, the kitchen is small but very convenient for travelers. Air conditioner and air heater are provided in each room. Fruit such as apples are provided free of charge.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank jusun2000
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I like the location because it is queiet and the setting is charming. The problem, room cleanliness is an issue, especially room 105. Make sure you put out the "Maid Clean Room" sign, or it WON'T be cleaned. Not alot in the area, but "The Wood" retaurant is OK, and sois the Brasilain restaurant attachhed to the hotel.

Room Tip: The handicapped room was ok.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Timberline503
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Thank to traveler's reports I stayed in this nice motel.

I was road tripping in a rented Harley and stopped at a Starbucks to search on my iPhone and decide were to sleep.

Then I wrote down the adress and in a couple of minutes I was in Villa Brasil. My first impresion was a little bit disappointing but once I parked the bike and walked into the room I felt really nice.

After a deserved shower I got to the Restaurant (wich is only a few steps away) and had a great dinner. In the morning I went to Seven Eleven to buy some Donuts & orange juice while I turned on the cofee machine. I had a really nice breakfast outside the room in a very unique place.

I would absolutely recomend this place if your looking for a stop-by, the place is clean, cute, comfortable and as someone said before you can't beat the price.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
The Culver Hotel
#1 of 8 in Culver City
Westside
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport
Extended Stay America - Los Ange...
#229 of 353 in Los Angeles

Been to Villa Brasil Motel? Share your experiences!