Banana Bungalow Hollywood
US$421
US$341
Sofitel
  • Pool
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
US$593
US$452
US$141
US$289
US$262
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza(Los Angeles)
US$289
US$265
Omni Hotels
US$282
US$276
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$542
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$386
US$377
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfree dinnerown bathrooma private double roomgriffith observatoryfree parkingchinese theatrethe room was niceshort staysanta monicavenice beachmetro stationuniversal studiosbeverly hillshosteldormfamebackpackers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Me and my boyfriend decided to have a coast to coast trip to america. Our first week was thanksgiving in Los Angeles and this place was by far the best accommodation of our entire American trip. Not so much for the room or the location which were just basic but for the outstanding care we received at the front desk. On thanksgiving day the other location offered a free american dinner for all the guests with free transportation that unfortunately we missed because we were running too late. When we were almost ready to give up, the Italian girl Elena who was working that afternoon made sure we had our free dinner and she helped us download a special application on our I-pad and create an account to get a free ride with a coupon since no taxi was answering and waiting for the bus didn't make sense as we would have missed the dinner. So in the end we got there in time! This place is like a big family: they take care of you like you are a friend or a relative and if you have a problem they make sure is solved in the best and most convenient way! I enjoyed my stay here more than any other place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ana t
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We booked as a family group. We were advised that there was security on site and that after midnight the party noise would be managed. Each night there has been excessive noise, loud drunken arguments in the corridor outside rooms and groups sitting outside rooms talking loudly until 3am creating some disturbance and no sign of security at all. Whilst the staff have been welcoming and very helpful with bookings etc the noise factor and lack of managment of this after midnight makes it somewhat unsuitable for families. As I write this review at well after midnight music continues at loud volumes in spite of the promised noise management. Great for 18-25 year olds but not suited to families.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy S
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed here at the beginning of my backpacking holiday to try and save some money, even though I stayed in a private room. The room was nice, basic but had everything I needed, including decent free wifi. The only downside was my room was very close to the main road so it was loud at night between the partying at the hostel and the traffic and sirens outside. Also there was no window or anything which made getting up early a challenge.
The location was great, a short walk down Hollywood Blvd to all the sights and close to restaurants and fast food. The staff were friendly and helpful when I arrived before check in and my flight wasnt until after checkout so was able to keep my bags in storage and wander around.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The hostel is great for those travelling on a budget. It's right on the main Hollywood strip, though some may consider it a little far down from the central area where Grauman's Chinese Theatre is. We stayed in a 6 person dorm which was very clean and comfty, though very warm at night. The room was complete with an en-suite and a mini kitchen (great for cooking in if your on a budget). The free breakfast is basic but good with tea/coffee, cereal and toast and takes place in the outside "tiki" garden which is great for chilling or relaxing in, though it is very small. Staff are friendly enough and let me take a shower before we were able to check in as we arrived very early. They also offer a lot of cheap club nights where they take you out in a limo and give you club entry for a very good price, unfortunately we never took part in one of these as we had very little time. Would happily stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

This hostel is amazing! The staff are so friendly and the free breakfast is prefect! We were only there for two nights but wished it was more! The rooms were clean and the location is perfect! Would highly recommend staying in this hostel for all backpackers!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple