“Disappointing”
Review of Mondrian's Skybar

Mondrian's Skybar
Ranked #13 of 339 Nightlife in Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We attended Sky Bar in LA on Saturday night for a bachelorette party. We had four names on the list, and eleven girls in our party. Vito, one of the bouncers, would not admit the rest of the party into the bar (despite the fact that there was no one in line and it was 11:30pm on a Saturday night) unless we paid $300 for table service. We agreed and went inside. A "table" consists of two teak side tables pushed together. Our waitress said she could only give us a bottle for $350. Again, we agreed. $350 got us a bottle of Absolute and a few carafes of juice. All of which you pour yourself, and juice that probably comes from FSA. Not all of our glasses were clean. The music selection was boring, the others guests were unattractive (at least the men. There were a lot of women there trying very hard to be attractive...) And I'm pretty sure we were the only Americans in the bar. Honestly, I didn't even notice the view. After two painfully boring hours filled with short, pushy, ugly men and bad booze, we decided to leave. Somehow our bill was now $425 (despite our not ordering more of their crap cocktails).

Overall, we were HIGHLY disappointed. Sky Bar may have been a celebrity/LA hot spot five years ago, but its hayday has come and gone. I agree with other reviews that say the bouncers methods are shady, and that it's not worth your time, and DEFINITELY not worth your money. Sky Bar, Vito, I hope you read this review and realize that you've become old hat, and like anything boring in LA, your fifteen minutes is over.

3  Thank kzh123

Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

On Friday the 15th of Feb my girlfriend and I went to skybar and were extremely disappointed!! It all started at the door with the smelly druged out door man that asks me if we have reservations. I tell him here is my reservation and hand him a very nice tip. He pockets it and opens his magic door into this tacky joint. Once inside it was full of possess wannabes and just morons!! Drinks were watered down and expensive. The vibe at this place is straight out depressing and sorry at the least. I highly recommend not to set foot in this place. Visit at your own risk and be ready to throw away a good amount of money on a disappointment.

1  Thank DrFirully
Reviewed 29 June 2012

My friends love the bar and hotel for a weekend trip. The Skybar is still a super hot spot and lots of great looking people still seek out this cool pool and patio area. It's BEST if you are a hotel guest as you get special access and it's hard to get in here on the weekend. The negative reviews all lack perspective--this is LA, really LA, yes there will be high prices and attitudes... that just comes with the territory. But you can have a lot of fun at Skybar with a group or as a couple. MY MAIN complaint is that the are not playing outdoor music right now because a neighbor complained. Totally absurd because they play chill lounge music and people talking at night is louder.

1  Thank ChetX5150
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Was at the Skybar on Sunday for cocktails. Turns out there was a big "in the biz" event. The drinks were delicious --- had a few Passion Fruit Mai Tais, basically a vacation in a glass. There was a DJ but couldn't really hear the music above the talking. Wish he played louder or was set up by the pool. Speaking of which --- the pool was basically for decoration, not sure who would bother to swim in it. Two strokes and you are at the end of the pool. Now the view.....stunning. You really can't beat the view from this place (and it isn't even on the rooftop!).

Drop by for a drink. Overall an enjoyable evening out.