Let's start with the good:
1) Quickly responded to request for a change of rooms.
2) Large flat screen TV in room.
3) Fairly new and modern rooms.
4) Nice pool and small exercise area (stationary bike, treadmill and stair-master).
5) Competent, friendly front desk personnel. Especially Sally.
6) Close to the 405 freeway.
And the Bad:
1) A/C wall unit pretty much did what it wanted and ignored input from wall control.
2) Beds are double and not queen.
3) Dicey surrounding area.
4) Insufficient parking during heavy occupancy.
5) All the rooms with windows towards Sepulveda and the 405 are overwhelmed by traffic noise. Get a room facing the back parking lot.
Synopsis: The hotel is fairly new and the rooms are a sufficient size. Very nice lobby with the average yogurt, bagels, cereal, fruit, waffle breakfast fare. The staff seems friendly and helpful. Quite a contrast between the hotel and the surrounding area. We didn't feel safe walking very far. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property has everything you need in order to work, relax and have fun. Free internet, full breakfast and parking plus a heated indoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks
- Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks Hotel Los Angeles
- Hampton Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Van Nuys