“Very good value for money, nice owners” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Los Feliz Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Los Feliz Lodge
Ranked #14 of 88 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“Very good value for money, nice owners”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Excellent location, very original and confortable. Ideal for a short stay in a lovely neighbourhood in LA (Silverlake / Los Feliz). The 1920 lodges have been tastefully renovated. We stayed in Green Casita. It was nicely decorated and spacious. The kitchen is very nice and new. The bedding is good. The bathroom is a bit old but it's ok. You can park easily near the lodges and the area is quiet.
The lodges are ideally situated at the end of Sunset Bd and Hollywood Bd. The neighbourhood is very nice and peaceful. We wanted an area where you can walk to shops and to restaurants and it is the case. There are a lot of super restaurants as well as cafés nearby, there is also a lovely vintage cinema (5 mn walk) and handy supermarkets. By car all the touristic areas are within 10 minutes, which is wonderful.
We highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fortiche1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

I looked at the website and thought the bungalows looked great. I arrived late in the evening (it's very dark - try to arrive with some daylight) and checked into unit 1530 and was very disappointed. It was shabby and the bathroom was in need of updating. Additionally, it was an unseasonably hot day/night and no on had turned the AC on before I got there. I had a difficult time relaxing and sleeping that night. Curtains didn't fully close and there were no outside lights on, so it was hard to feel safe.

I would say you should check it out -but be very careful about which unit you get. And be sure to get photos ahead of time.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GAAllieKat
orange county, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

My friend and I ventured up tp LA to see a couple concerts. My first thing to rave about is Jacob. I don't know if he's the owner or manager but he's who I booked the room with. I let him know we were coming up to go to concerts and inquired about taxi's. Within an hour of getting off the phone with him, I recieved an email with a map and 2 different ways to get to our concerts besides taxi's. I couldn't believe it! He had it all mapped out for us! Once we arrived, after we got a little lost :), we were totally stoked when we got into our little apartment. It's very cleanly and simply decorated. We were delighted to find a little painting inside the cupboard, when we reached for the coffee. We both agreed we could easily live there. We stayed 2 nights/3 days and it was very quiet, we both like afternoon naps. We hung out on the patio one evening for a beautiful sunset. We're both completely unfamiliar with LA, but no problem, we went through the 3 ring binder in the room to find out where we should go. It was like having a friend there to recommend places to eat etc... And their suggestions did not disappoint. We had the best cup of coffee at Intelligentsia and the best breakfast at Millie's. I highly recommend this lodge and will absolutely being staying there again soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in the White Casita and it was perfect.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank scshello
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

I stayed at this lovely Lodge for a month about four years ago. Liz was very kind to me. She really made it seem like home. I would definitely recommend anyone to come here as an alternative to a big name hotel. It was peaceful, quiet and I loved that I could walk into town. Coming from NYC, it was nice not to need a car.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

After one horribly creepy night at The Hollywood Hotel, The Los Feliz Lodge felt like heaven! My boyfriend and I stayed in the Green Casita and loved it. It was perfect for us-- right in Los Feliz, a really cute area, nice bed, great kitchen, clean bathroom, cute living room-- it felt like we lived in our own bungalow in LA. The owner is laid back and nice, the neighborhood is quiet, cute restaurants and shops are just a few blocks away. The place is decorated in a unique and eco-friendly way-- it looks just like the pictures on the website. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

Arrived after dark on a weeknight and got in without any issues. Went about a mile to Hillhurst Ave and there are several quaint and very good restaurants. Spent the morning walking around the neighborhood enjoying the architecture. The room (really a small apartment-- The Blue Casita) was very tastefully decorated, clean and comfortable. I didn't use the kitchen but it appeared to be in good working order. Loved that the bathroom had been kept historically correct but very clean, and also liked having the windows open. Felt like I was visiting a friend's apartment. Excellent recommendations in the info book provided by the owners/management.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

We saw the photos and reviews on line and thought the place looked wonderful. However, we were given one of the two units in the building on the corner (1503) which are apparently in much poorer shape. Tired old bathroom fixtures, torn upholstery, curtains that don't cover windows, horrible paint job (both in quality and in taste), quite ugly (not cool kitschy) taste in decorating, and general signs of neglect. Even the teakettle was long past safe usage. Were promised an air bed in the living room but owners forgot and then just dumped it with a separate pump and wrong-size sheets balled up in a bag for us to sort out. All in all, quite misleading advertising--bait and switch. Very disappointing!!

Room Tip: Funky is not always artsy or welcome.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends