“Excewllent Persian in Westwood”
Review of Farsi Cafe

Farsi Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Farsi Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,817 of 10,042 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Persian
Neighbourhood: Westside
Neighbourhood: Westside
New York City, New York
“Excewllent Persian in Westwood”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We wandered in as they were bringing in the outdoor tables. They couldn't have been nicer, explaining the menu, making sure we didn't order too much, advising thoughtfully on what we might like. The food was delicious, service attentive but not intrusive, and if we lived in L.A. we'd definitely be regulars. Prices were moderate, and they serve beer and wine without pushing it.

• Visited September 2012

Reston, Virginia
“Perfect Persian Place”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Found by accident based on available parking - great find. Great atmosphere with terrific food. Quality food and superb service. Even dining as one I was treated as a valued customer. The entire staff was attentive, any of the wait staff would check water or bread and refill as needed. The late lunch meant the sun was shifting and the staff was attentive to keeping the shades adjusted even in the midst of serving a busy lunch period. Atmosphere was clean, elegant, with true linen and solid flatware. Service was helpful to describe meals and preparation information. Menu was clear and easy to find each category of food and drinks. Good price for quality food and authentic flavors. Whole experience was great and I will recommend to all.

• Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Such great food, beautiful decor, great service -- A MUST”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This restaurant is a great find. We walked in not expecting much... that it before we came in and saw the decor and ate the food. The salmon kabob, stews (with eggplants), tahdig and yogurt were DELICIOUS. Best salmon ever. We will be back.

The plates are very big, which makes the price very reasonable.

A true gem in Westwood. A must for anyone wanting to try really good Persian food.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Cyrus N
Los Angeles, California
“Beautiful ambiance, great persian food and very good service”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I am Persian and very picky about authentic Persian food. This place is my favorite in LA (which has tons of options!). It is very clean, modern and has a romantic setting. It has a wide selection of Persian food at very good prices. The salmon, koobideh, house salad, masto khiar (yogurt and cucumbers), zeresht polo, ash (soup) are among my favorites. It is very suprising to me that it is not better known in Westwood -- it should be the top Persian restaurant there. Should definitely try!

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank verypicky_11
Los Angeles
“Made me a convert.”
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I've tried about 4 or 5 Perisan restaurants in the past, and each experience left me unmoved. I considered Persian food to be just ok, or not for me.

Baran changed my opinion. The service was warm from start to finish, and each dish we tried was an eye opening expereince. We started with Tah Dig, a crunchy fried rice base, topped with our choice of stew. My Persian friend chose the stews, I can't remember what they were, but I had a hard time deciding which was better, they were both so good. The crunchy texture of the rice took a little getting used to, but the overall effect was very good.

For an entree I ordered Soltani Kabob which included a skewer each (but without the skewer) of filet mignon and seasoned ground beef, both of which were excellent. My companions also gave high ratings to what they ordered.

Deserts were ok, one was deep fried balls of dough soaked in syrup- too sweet for my liking, and baklava which was OK.

Dining at Baran was a great experience, and I will return at the first opportunity.

3 Thank Livetowander