“Didn't live up to expectations.”
Review of Wood

Wood
Ranked #1,701 of 11,893 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Description: Wood is a small plate Neapolitan Pizza-style restaurant centered around the unique flavors and techniques of wood fired cooking.
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Went with a friend for lunch about a month ago, and I've held off on writing a review because I wanted to love this restaurant so much. I saw their posts on Instagram and could not wait to try the Khachapuri, so we literally went that weekend.
I ordered the Khachapuri and my friend ordered the Carbonara. The restaurant itself was very cute and smelled a bit like truffles (I'm guessing they had just made a truffle pizza before we walked in). The tables were very "Instagram friendly" and we both ordered a glass of wine each, which were moderately prices.
My Khachapuri tasted nice, it wasn't as strong as I expected it to be (looking back I probably should have added some salt, but at a restaurant like WOOD I wouldn't expect to need to), and my friend made the comment that her Carbonara was a little over salted. Both were still good though, and generally speaking I would have been happy with the experience.
But within 30 minutes of leaving my friend started to feel sick, and it just kept getting worse for the next hour or so. Pretty intense gastrointestinal issues, which we could only track back to our lunch. I started experiencing cramping myself about 30 minutes to an hour after she did, so the rest of our day was spent mostly just collapsed on her couch watching Netflix instead of going out. I can't help but think it might have been due to the eggs, because both of our dishes had them, and while part of me wants to give WOOD another shot I don't want to risk that again.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

The Service: Shout out to my server, Robert!! He is awesome~ Greeted me with smile on his face, feeling so welcoming. Super attentive and efficient too! Excellent customer service.

The Food:

Charred Broccoli - Romesco, parmigiano & bread crumbs. No more "boring" broccoli dish anymore!! "Charred" broccoli is my new favorite now! The smell & the taste is so appetizing. The parmigiano cheese definitely a big compliment to this dish. Yes~ with this dish, I will eat my vege every meal!

Grilled Avocado Toast - House-made flat bread, charred tomato, fire roasted salsa and organic egg. I don't want something too heavy for my lunch so I ordered this dish. It is perfect!! Big portion of fresh salad on the side, the charred tomato are so sweet. They are super generous of the avocado on the toast!!! Okay~ any dish with fried egg gets bonus point in my book! This dish not just 1 but 2 fried eggs~ Yummm

The Parking: OMG!! FREE parking~Private parking lot!!

LOVE the furniture of the restaurant. Open kitchen style. Gorgeous outdoor patio seating area. With free parking, I am going to come all the time!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Happened to be staying at an Air BnB in the neighborhood and saw WOOD on the way to my place. The wait staff are friendly, helpful, polite, attentive and prompt. The place has a clean modern look and feel to it with exposed concrete floors and metal framed tables. A new and different but successful look over your typical Italian/Pizzeria. The chop salad was sensational. The margherita pizza was exceptional and the banana cream pie defies description other than it was out of this world insanely delicious. The prices are reasonable for the quality of the meal but charging for each individual glass of Diet Coke definitely took away from the overall enjoyment of the meal, especially when one realizes the profit margins on soda are astronomical. Despite this nickle and dime petty shake down, the place still hits it out of the park.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Loved this restaurant so much for dinner we went back for lunch the next day. Amazing food (the salmon with couscous is sooooo good) as are the pizzas. Original menu, great wine choices too and the staff are super friendly. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We were visiting a friend in Silver Lake so we were able to walk here from his house. It was a beautiful day so we sat on the outside patio. The menu here is unique for a wood fired pizza joint. The food was tasty and fresh. The staff was friendly and attentive. The vibe was casual and relaxed. Would I return? Maybe. I don’t think I would seek it out, but if others in the group wanted to, I wouldn’t object.