“Visiting An Old Friend”
Review of The Inn at 657

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
The Inn at 657
Ranked #12 of 94 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The last time I visited L.A. was 15 years ago when I had a two week project at the Convention Center. I was a guest of the The Inn for those two weeks and have fond memories of my stay. When another project brought me back to the LACC, The Inn at 657 was the first place I thought about. I remembered an affordable, peaceful little haven in an eclectic urban neighborhood and was happy to see that is still true. My stay, though shorter this time around, was terrific. The accommodations were spotless, comfortable and homey. Wayne conjured up magic in the kitchen each morning with substantial breakfasts along with interesting conversation and I very much enjoyed renewing my acquaintance with Patsy, the owner. I cannot say enough about The Inn at 657 and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SidecarHank
There are newer reviews for The Inn at 657

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I found this Inn by googling around my destination, the Nokia Theatre in downtown LA. This turn out to be the idea place to stay. It was about 1.5 miles from my destination which was an easy walk. It is very convenient to Nokia and the Staples Center along with the USC campus.

Patsy did everything to make the stay comfortable including giving me the closest room due to my late arrival. Wayne's breakfasts are only surpassed by his excellent company while serving them

If I ever return to the downtown LA area, this will be where I stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

Thank you so much for proving us an amazing stay at LA!

This b&b is the right choice for you, the room and all the facilities are always spotlessly clean, the owners are the kindest people ever, always smiling to us!

Friendly, helpful, clean, comfortable ans well connected with the main attractions!!

Excellent choice!

Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Kasiasmutniak
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The sense of peace that descends is palpable as soon as you step out of your car in the courtyard behind the hedges. From the aroma of the blooms in the garden to the genuine welcome from Patsy, our hostess, this oasis in the middle of urban LA is a pleasure. Accommodations are homey and comfortable, and breakfasts are a complete delight, not only because Wayne and Bobby lay out wonderful spreads, but also because they can be counted on to guide lively conversation. Convenient to USC and downtown, the Inn at 657 is a charming alternative to traditional hotel accommodations.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Connie G
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Visiting LA for college search with my son looking at USC and UCLA. Staying here was an excellent choice, as the accommodations were a perfect choice for us. 2 bedrooms with private bath, comfortable clean beds, awesome breakfasts cooked by Wayne, thought-provoking breakfast discussions about dementia, statistics, research, healthcare in the US vs overseas, socialized medicine vs capitalistic medicine, great proximity to USC, easy access to highways for driving elsewhere. Presuming the boy makes it into USC, I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jvdlinde
Reviewed 9 March 2013

My husband has stayed at The Inn at 657 several times and has always come back with rave reviews. He was right!! I thought he was exaggerating about the genuine hospitality and wonderful breakfasts, but I was equally impressed and delighted with Patsy and the Inn. We thoroughly enjoyed ‘lingering’ over a delicious homemade breakfast complimented by lively conversation. It was like staying with good friends, but I never had to lift a finger! It was a pleasure staying so close to USC and not having to deal with expensive valet parking and traffic. The room was large and clean, and the mattress perfect. When it looked like our late-night flight might get cancelled due to a snowstorm back home, Patsy said she’d leave a key for us…just in case. (I was actually hoping it would get cancelled!). Thanks to Patsy and her staff for providing perfect accomodations for our LA weekend. We’ll be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank wigges
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We opted for this bed and breakfast over an LA hotel experience and we were very happy with our choice! Very convenient lodging to travel to a concert at The Staples Center. The accomodations were comfortable and very clean. We even had dinner at a restaurant recommended by Patsy on her website. Wayne prepared a wonderful breakfast and was friendly and informative about the history of the area. Patsy's pane cotta was outstanding. We would definitely return!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple