All reviews ballona wetlands culver blvd free bikes egg casserole jacuzzi tub freshly baked cookies marina view room personalized note bed and breakfast gas fireplace living room santa monica b and b manhattan beach beach towels other guests yogurt
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I am married to the most romantic man in the world so when my husband informed me we were heading to LA for our 25th wedding anniversary weekend I thought to myself, he has lost the plot, he knows how much I dislike LA. I should have known... I will never distrust him again.

When we arrived at the Inn at Playa Del Rey I literally thought we were in Carmel. I was blown away by the charm of the inn, the amazing staff, wonderful privacy with great views and delicious food. The great room with afternoon wine & bites was warm and wonderful with all of the charm you will always find in Carmel.

They provide bikes for coastal riding or if you prefer, beach chairs & umbrellas for a lazy day watching our beautiful pacific coast. Great restaurants within walking distance and you don't even need to get on 405 to get there from LAX, It is literally 15 minutes door to door.

What a find, I cannot wait to go back... honey I love you with all I have and will never doubt you again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Wow what a lovely little place. The service was so personalized and helpful. The location was was easy to reach Venice beach, hollywood, everything! The Inn was meticulously clean and beautiful! The ladies knew it was our anniversary and gave us a nice little bottle of champagne to celebrate! The fresh baked goods were delicious. They had bikes to use without charge and there was parking. We rode our bikes all the way to venice beach. The little porch off the bedroom was very relaxing.

My only complaint was that the walls were a little too thin and we could hear people showering VERY early in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My husband and I have been staying here when we visit our children and grands who live in West Chester . It is so comfortable to be a guest here-
Very relaxing , beautiful surroundings ,scrumptious breakfast and the staff could not be more accommodating .

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank 3971GSBNorth
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Exceptional Bed and Breakfast, each bedroom is unique and different. Excellent Staff and attention to detail, Morning Scones and coffee, afternoon tea, and evening Happy hour on their deck. On a wetlands preserve with WIldbirds, quiet yet near Venice Beach. Quiet, private yet friendly atmosphere, a good place to escape for the weekend and read a good book or take advantage of all that LA has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank dburke1207
Reviewed 4 May 2013

The Inn at Playa Del Ray is a nice place overall. The service is great, rooms are good sized, and the price includes a good breakfast. The facility is clean and neat. The room and bathroom could use some updating but they have TV, good water pressure, and windows that you can open. The bed was a bit firm and there was no pillow top so the springs do get to you.

Overall if you want to stay in LA, near Marina Del Ray and don't require fancy, this Inn works well. We enjoyed our stay and would come back.

The good: relative value, good hot breakfast included, parking is private and included in the price. The bad: could use some updating in the rooms, bed not great.

• Stayed: May 2013