“peaceful stay with friendly staff”

Inn at Playa Del Rey
Ranked #2 of 94 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was a wonderful peaceful retreat to return to after running around Los Angeles and its northern environs. Although its easy to miss when you first arrive, once inside it is great. While I loved it, the teenagers with me would have preferred a more contemporary and lively hotel. The location is very good, with easy access to the airport as well as Santa Monica. After spending days in the crowded beach towns, it really was relaxing to return to the inn for some wine and cheese and pleasant conversation with other guests. As with all the B & Bs I have stayed, the breakfast was superb.

Room Tip: We shared the two room suite which worked out very well. The room that is on the street was noisier...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Inn at Playa Del Rey

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This Bed & Breakfast looks like it was picked up from Cape Cod and dropped next to the Beach next to Marina dey Rey. It is 2 blocks from the Pacific ocean, and overlooks the entire Marina. You can sit on your balcony and watch the sail boats head out to sea. There are many fine restaurants next to the B & B as well as the Marina, which you can rent bikes and ride over to the Marina. It is less than a mile from the Hotel.. If you get a chance I would recomend taking a look at this place if you are planning to stay in Los Angeles at the beach.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Confirming our reservations with the Inn the night before, we learned that the company I booked through was not connected to the Inn. I was stressed from a nightmare of a trip to LA, but Rebecca & Liz helped me stay calm and honored my reservation. I cannot praise the staff higher for their compassion, service, cleanliness, facilities, helpfulness, guidance, and their breakfast. I felt like I knew them as friends when I walked through the door. With a hug of understanding and then escorting us to our suite with a fireplace, balcony, couch, and sunsets over the nature preserve with a glass of wine. We were able to unstress for 2 days. I would recommend this Inn whenever visiting LA.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking nature preserve are preferable with morning sun and evening sunsets. These rooms a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This B&B is just south of Santa Monica. The accommodations are spectacular. We had a room with a fireplace, a large screen TV above the mantel, and a nice balcony overlooking a nature preserve over which the sun set each night. The room was comfortable, clean, nicely decorated, and secure. The breakfast was extraordinary. The choices were enough to satisfy anyone's taste. The common areas were all well maintained and very clean. Rebecca and Liz were outstanding Innkeepers and made sure everything was up to what we expected even down to making dinner reservations at a local restaurant for us. I would recommend this unique B&B to anyone staying in the Los Angeles area.

Room Tip: Room 307 has a nice view and is quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RPS1971
Reviewed 7 April 2014

End of March, we and our son (toddler) spent three nights at the Inn - probably the best experience we had in recent years. And we travel a lot, business and leisure. Felt like you are visiting friends who happen to run a little maritime hotel near the beach. From the dedicated people working there to the immaculate room we had this was simply amazing. It is obvious the Inn is owner-operated and the staff takes pride in what they are doing. We miss the delightful home-made breakfast served in a very elegant, nautical-themed salon overlooking a bird sanctuary. Not to forget tea-time! As literally all other guests loved it, too, the atmosphere was extraordinarily friendly and warm and my 2 year old son had a blast. The little restaurants and bars on your way to the beautiful, not so touristy beach are definitely something you should try- all are as individual as everything else in the closer vicinity, all walkable distance. Again- if you prefer distinctiveness and atmosphere over chains & big-box franchise, go try it out.

PS: If you’re flying in through LAX, you will love the fact that it is just a ten-minute drive and easy to find.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a hotel / B & B, and I'm glad I found it. Booked it on the Hotel Tonight app on my iPhone for a total of $200. It's a short walk from a beautiful beach, and there are a number of interesting cafes and restaurants between the Inn and the beach. You wouldn't think that there would be such a beautiful and relaxing beach right near LAX, but there is. Also, the Inn backs up to a wildlife sanctuary, which is also an oasis of beauty in LA. The room was definitely 4 stars, although the TV was fairly small, but that wasn't really an issue, because I'm not a big TV watcher. The common areas were very beautiful, and it was a joy to wake up to such a nice cafe-style breakfast in the sumptuous breakfast are. I'm attaching a couple photos. I highly recommend this place if you're looking for a reasonably priced, but far more relaxing and beautiful alternative to the big hotel chains near the airport.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice; I had a first floor room. Next time, however, I will ask for a room on the o...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Brooke B
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This attractive, but unassuming 4-story building "greets" you as you enter Playa del Rey, but once past the gate, it becomes nicer with every step, from the lovely garden and more than adequate parking outside to the beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable (bed)rooms and common rooms, to the beautiful views from the decks and the rooms. This B&B provides a varied and delicious breakfast each morning and wine and cheese every afternoon. But for all its charm and comfort, the stand-out amenity here is the fantastic and friendly attitude of the staff, all the time, making guests feel comfortable and welcome throughout their entire stay. This was a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
The Kinney
#2 of 11 in Marina del Rey
The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey
#4 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Inn at Playa Del Rey? Share your experiences!