“Still Good Ribs”

Neighbourhood: Harbor
Orem, Utah
“Still Good Ribs”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Have been frequenting Chicago for Ribs for many years and have missed it since moving out of the area. Still tasty and tender ribs although they, along with the fries, were overdone this time. The cole slaw was okay but the corn bread was not that good. The place is clean and efficient, and definitely NOT run by high school kids; only pleasant adults in sight. I look forward to my next visit to "Chicago". Oh, and they have a good before-6 p.m. special.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Gary W

New York City, New York
“Family ambiance”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Typical strip mall restaurant. Out dated decor, but clean. The place seemed to have been ran by kids in high school, cafeteria service quality, not an authentique BBQ place, the meat did not seem smoked but cooked or boiled and slathered in BBQ sauce, the sides were ok.

Visited May 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Finger Licking Good!!!”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Greatest place to come and have a seat in most of the time quiet location. Service is wonderful, everyone is really down to earth. Great place to come watch some sports games, and just eat some great food. I recommend getting some coupons from South Bay Monthly, or other local papers, cause can usually score free appetizer, or great deal. But recommend going before 6 to get their special combos for 10.99!!!! They give pretty generous plate of food, usually enough for your dinner and lunch next day! Highly recommend it, great spot and the servers are all awesome!!!!

• Visited December 2011
Dothan, Alabama
“Picky rib eater reterns twice!”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

This first trip to Chicago for Ribs was a business party. About 40 of us met there and I was very impressed at the level of service for our group while the rest of the restaurant was also very full. I wish I could remember the waiters name, but he was great. Some people really have a gift for the business, and he definitely did.

I am picky when it comes to ribs. I like them saucy and juicy. I like the meat to just fall off the bone and get my fingers all sticky; then need to be hosed down afterward. After years of disappointment when eating at restaurants, I just don't order ribs anymore. However, I gave it a shot at Chicago for Ribs. What can go wrong? I am visiting San Pedro from Germany eating at a Chicago Rib place! I was not disappointed. The ribs were in my top 2 ribs I've ever eaten (cause I can't speak bad about my wife's cooking!). The corn bread was real Chicago corn bread, and I remember eating every last bit of food on the plate. You know how it is. You order your food, but only eat 80% because the rest is just...veggies. Here you eat it all, then vow not to eat for another 24 hours. You leave stuffed, and happy.

Here is were things start getting better. As I lay my last bone on the "bone plate", a hot lemon wipe is delivered to the table. Oh yes, Chicago for Ribs is better than the rest.

The next week, I took the family to Chicago for ribs. My son loves his ribs too, and we all were very happy with the food, service (the same waiter), cleanliness, atmosphere...everything. Yes, we went back the next week too.

If I am ever in the San Pedro area, I WILL be eating at Chicago for ribs.

Get there before 6pm for the special menu deals, get the ribs and corn bread. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2011