“Great Honeymoon Experience”

Ranked #3 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California
“Great Honeymoon Experience”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My husband and I spend a night at the Four Seasons after having our dinner reception at Culina Modern Italian. The service was impeccable, the room was great (we even got an upgrade!) and the food delicious. Overall, an amazing experience under all accounts.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mehdi E, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear AlessandraPBH,

Congratulations to both you and your husband on your recent nuptials! I am thrilled to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us following your dinner reception at our restaurant, Culina, Modern Italian. I will be sure to pass your compliments of the food along to Culina’s Executive Chef Mette Williams, as well as her culinary team. I will also share your kind words regarding the impeccable service you received while staying with us, with our staff members.

Again, congratulations to you both! We look forward to celebrating many more wonderful occasions with you in the future.

Mehdi Eftekari

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We were really impressed with the Four Seasons Los Angeles, really impressed. From the moment we checked in until the time we left, the staff couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. We will definitely stay here again.

The food at the hotel is excellent, and we ordered everything including the "Kitchen Sink" dessert. So they have a sense of humor, too. La Culina has a great atmosphere and food, and breakfast at the pool restaurant and Culina we both excellent. I believe my husband said he had the best breakfast burrito he's ever had. Don't underestimate the jidori chicken (yum) or the appetizer meatball.s And do order the kitchen sink, and trust the kitchen to make some fun choices for you.

Our room was really just right. Not small and not enormous (roomy enough?), but the French doors between the main room and living room made it airy and open. And my daughter loved seeing the Hollywood sign in the distance. Our daughter also loved the tv in the bathroom and sought it out for fun. That was after she, at 11, happily noted they had put her name on a wall with removable letters. Still works. And the pretty welcome snacks too. The room is also just well done, so you feel very comfortable.

The thing is, we booked this on a special promotion. I did that once at a pretty nice hotel in Beaver Creek, and I didn't feel special (the staff was nice at that hotel, but they were short-staffed and clearly struggling because they had offered a good deal they could not support, which is short-sighted). And it was the opposite here. "The Four Seasons" gets service and seems to just genuinely take pride in this. Anyone you tell your name to remembers it. Everyone wants to see if there's anything they can do for you. And in just a nice way. Because people are sincere and friendly, too. It's not offish. I finally refused to give my car trash from the day (all the cups and stuff) to a bellman (they kept doing that!) because it was my turn, darn it. And we all sort of laughed about it. You can kind of just be yourself, and no one makes you feel there's anything wrong with that. Cool. And whether you're the fancy guest or not.

You can tell the sincerity when we left for our redeye on Thursday night and people were checking in in droves for what looked like a wedding and things were just a bit happily crowded in the driveway. Meanwhile we'd been out for the day and had to repack our luggage practically in the driveway/front door area. We started worrying about being in the way, and someone overheard us. And they told us to take all the time we needed and not to worry a bit. Happens all the time. Ok.

One more thing - the gym at this hotel is SO cool! We only got there once, but it's practically open-air and practically outdoors. Which is pretty nice in a big city. The pool isn't huge or overly crazy or anything, but it's really tasteful and pretty nice. I really can't think of anything I'd complain about - nor do I want to. Sometimes it really is just all good.

There are so many choices on where to stay, and sometimes there's a discount or sale and sometimes not. Honestly, I'd go back here regardless.

Room Tip: Ask to see the Hollywood sign from your room? That was fun.
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Upgraded room provided through AMEX Fine Hotel & Resorts overlooked mechanicals. In room air did not function well. Shower broke. Toilet backed up. Memorable stay but not a good one. Positive - staff could not be nicer - even when they serve cold eggs after a twenty minute wait.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Andrew R
Mehdi E, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Andrew R.,

I would like to start off by thanking you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us here on TripAdvisor - your feedback is invaluable to us. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the service you received directly from the staff members here at the Hotel, however I am disappointed that there were certain technical problems you encountered while here. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further regarding these matters and will be in touch with you shortly.

Again, I thank you for your time, and I hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with a true Four Seasons experience.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2014

What a great hotel. Stayed here for 4 nights over the Valentine's day/Presidents day weekend due to a family function on Saturday night. Everything was wonderful and is what to be expected of a five star hotel.

When you pull up you are greeted by a friendly valet ready to park your car and to help you unload your bags. The front desk staff is ready to assist you in checking in and any other needs you may have. The bellman is also great. Not only did he quickly bring the bags up to the room, he placed them exactly where we wanted them. As we were traveling for a formal even we had a garment bag with us, the bellman asked if we wanted him to unpack it and hang items in the closet. While not necessary, it was a nice gesture.

The room was incredibly clean and the bed very comfortable. We were on a high floor so we had a great view out of the balcony and were able to get some fresh air (with a little smog) during the cool LA nights.

One reason to stay at a hotel like this is the service. The room seemed to be made up at least twice a day and the turn down service was a great feature. It's nice to come back to your room late at night and see the curtains all closed, the bed ready to crawl into, and a bottle of water on each nightstand (along with a full ice bucket). The valet greeted me by name both when picking up or dropping off the car. Also, if you don't have a car the hotel does have a shuttle which is available. There is usually a Mercedes, but at night they also have a Rolls Royce Phantom available to take you within 2-3 miles of the hotel.

The concierge was also well informed. I had done my research on restaurants I wanted to eat at, the concierge was familiar with all of them and had some insight and suggestions at the ready.

While we tended to eat away from the hotel, what we did have hear was great. Room service was fast and accurate as we had an obligation early Saturday morning. Breakfast arrived at our door at the exact time we requested and when we forgot to order cream for the coffee, it quickly arrived. We also enjoyed the Sunday brunch as a continuation of the function we attended. Brunch was great. Tons of options, breakfast, sushi, juicing station, and many others.

Overall it was a great stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again. The Four Seasons really tries to make everyone feel like their most important guest and does what they can to do so.

1 Thank antsmarchn
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Highly recommend this hotel for those who wants to shop and hang in Beverley Hills. Service was above and beyond. The concierge helped me tracked down my jacket which I had left at a restaurant in San Francisco and organised to have shipped to Four Seasons Las Vegas which was my next destination.

The hotel certainly feels exclusive and is frequented by Hollywood stars.

Rooms are what you would expect from Four Seasons.

Limited seats on the rooftop for breakfast so get in early.

Weekend buffet was average.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mehdi E, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear jcjchung,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to hear that you found the service to be above and beyond, and am so glad our Concierge team could be so helpful in tracking down your sweater.

I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team here at the Hotel, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We booked 2 nights in a one-bedroom suite to celebrate my mom's 84th birthday. From the time we booked the room through check-in and check-out, it was absolutely a 1st class experience. They upgraded our room to a better suite and gave my mom a beautiful birthday cake. The service by absolutely every one of the staff was second to none. We loved the location because it was about 1 mile away from Rodeo Drive so it was close to everything yet it was in a beautiful neighborhood that was safe to walk around in. We absolutely loved our stay and will remember it for many years to come. Thank you!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Sara R, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Becky D,

Thank you for sharing this lovely review with us here on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that your mom had a wonderful birthday and are so glad she enjoyed the suite, service, and one of our favorite birthday treats: the cake! We look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you both.

Sara Roderick
Digital Marketing Manager
Follow @FSLosAngeles on Twitter & Instagram
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 10 February 2014

It's true when you read the reviews about not having to leave. Everything you could need is within the hotel. Vibrant bar scene, a restaurant people travel to just to eat there, 24hr room service, gym, pool, spa, Jacuzzi, views of downtown and the Hollywood sign, all while in a professional, courteous, and polite environment.

Pros: Rooms are spacious, showers / tubs are large enough that a 6'2" man can lay comfortably, there is a Ralph's 2 1/2 blocks North, and the main shopping area of Robertson is 3 blocks East. I was able to walk 5-8 minutes to the Ivy for breakfast one morning! Pool area is comfortable and I was able to order breakfast poolside. Gym is a little compact, but has the necessities. Lots of floral and fauna everywhere. I didn't use it, but there is a hot and dry sauna near the pool.

Cons: I had to check out and go back home to the snow.

Room Tip: Free Mercedes or Rolls Royce available to take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear OhioCouple,

What a kind review, thank you so much for sharing it with us! We’re so glad that you were able to enjoy many of the offerings we have here on property, including poolside dining, and our complimentary house car, which takes you anywhere within a 2 mile radius of the Hotel. Just as you mentioned, Robertson Boulevard is only a few blocks away from the Hotel and has a number of great restaurants and shops – the Ivy is an excellent choice for people watching and dining.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, but in the meantime send you warm wishes from sunny California!

Sara Roderick
Digital Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
West Hollywood
The London West Hollywood
The London West Hollywood
#3 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!