“Another great stay!!”

Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Ranked #25 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We returned back to Sofitel this year and was not disappointed!
Staff wonderful and helpful, room spacious and clean.
We like this hotel as it is close to everything, e.g The Grove, Melrose. A short drive to Hollywood and Rodeo Drive.
If we travel to LA next year we will stay at The Sofitel AGAIN!!

1  Thank Gjb78
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am happy to know that you decided to come back at our property and that your second stay was as enjoyable as the first one!
I am happy to know you like our staff and our location.
We hope to welcome you back soon,

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel came highly recommended by colleagues and...... I am Very careful with these reviews as I am sensitive to the fact that it is hard to please everyone and service each person's individual needs; however this is one of the reasons why I choose hotels that are ranked over four stars. The Sofitel has the potential to be an excellent hotel (as they do resolve issues quickly,) but I feel if more attention was paid to detail a lot of complaints would be avoided. I flew in for business for Emmy Award weekend from New York and upon arrival, the Concierge was happy to let me check in early :however; when I checked into my room the minibar door was hanging off the hinges I quickly got another room and not only was the bed poorly made with no top sheet but the balcony door was left halfway open so I could hear traffic. It has now been about two hours since check in and I was very anxious to settle. After waiting for that to be fixed and almost two hrs later, I was beat and had no time to relax before my business dinner.
After my dinner and a long day, I go to get in bed and this is what the bed looked like. I DO LOVE the champagne and the friendly staff. But if more maintenance was done on rooms AND If housekeeping could report any damages to the rooms DAILY... guests would not have to endure such issues when trying to check in and enjoy the services that you have to offer. I want to LOVE this hotel with the fun bar and friendly staff. But I feel you have either lost interest in being one of the BEST establishments for the quality not QUANTITY customer..
Best

Room Tip: The rooms facing the mall are quiet. Don't be discouraged
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Guest,
We thank you for your feedback which is very important to us, in order to keep our hotel improving as much as possible. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our staff service.
We have some amazing staff members working for us, and it is always nice to read comments about them.
Otherwise, we present you with our sincere apologies for the problems you encountered with your room, and I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations.
It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future,

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 1 evening on business using points. Was upgraded to a room with a view on a high floor. It was facing the Hollywood sign, but that sign is far away. (See pics). This is a nice hotel, as the lobby and the room are modern and well appointed. Huge shower and very comfortable bed. We opened the door the balcony for a few pictures and discovered how noisy it is at street level (even on a high floor). The balcony doors are really great at insulating the noise, as with them closed you barely hear anything. Only slight downside was we did not get turndown service which usually includes providing some bottled water. Got them from the mini bar and was accordingly charged for them at checkout.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
We thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay among us and especially our hotel design.
Otherwise, I present you with my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered with the turndown service. Turndown service must be done in each room every day and I assure you that this situation is unusual.
We will be thrilled to see you again very soon and we will do everything to make sure your next stay is successful,
Best regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Having stayed at Sofitel locations in NYC, Chicago, London, and Paris; I didn't put much effort into researching this hotel or others. Sofitel LA definitely lived up to the quality of the other locations. Our room was ready early which is always welcome. There was free wi-fi as well at this hotel. We booked a Hollywood Hills view, and ended up on the 8th floor with a fantastic view. One downside is that the school behind the hotel is putting up a new building, so the construction noise was quite loud early in the morning the days we were there. The valet parking was a bit expensive, but I guess that's how most places are in LA. This location is definitely more lively than some of the other locations I've stayed at before, the hotel is located at the corner of two major streets, while the others seem to be on quieter streets. This wasn't really an issue for us though. The hotel was in a great central location to get to Beverly Hills and Hollywood, along with highway access to other parts of the city. Just like the other locations I've stayed at, the staff at Sofitel LA were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, with a Hollywood Hills view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am happy to know you appreciated the early check in and your room with the view on the Hollywood Hills. I am sorry for the noise because of the school construction, we really hope our guests won't be too disturbed because of this.
Thank you for your loyalty to Sofitel and I am glad that our staff made you feel welcome.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Great hotel, great location. Shopping centre across the road, a chemist and small supermarket 2 minutes walk away. The hop on hop off bus has a stop across the road. The staff were really friendly and helpful, there was only one of the guys at the concierge desk who I thought was a bit rude, but apart from him I couldn't fault the hotel. The beds are the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Good restaurant downstairs. Overall very happy with our stay here, and would stay here again. We stayed in a room overlooking a little street at the behind the hotel, it was very quiet, but I think no matter where you stayed in the hotel, it would be quiet because it is in a fairly quiet area. The photos on the site are actually surprisingly pretty accurate, which is good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am happy to read that you enjoyed our location and our staff members.
It is also always a pleasure to know that our Sofitel SoBoutique beds are the most comfortable beds our guests have ever slept in.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We traveled here first as a couple, then with friends. We had an amazing time. Everyone was SO friendly - the valet, the persons checking us in, room service, pool service, and at the restaurant. Unfortunately we didn't get to enjoy the gorgeous lounge area, but it looked French-chic and fun!

We had breakfast one day at the restaurant - we opted for the buffet. Great decision. The buffet includes omelets made to order, fresh fruit, a variety of juices, pastries, as well as a delicious meat and cheese platter. I'm so happy I went with this over the other selections.

Our bed was SO soft, I mean one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. We also had a king room facing the hills, the shower in this room was awesome. The overhead rain shower was killer, I swear I could've spent hours in there. The products were also top notch, as well as the plush robe and slippers they provide. :)

When I think of LA, I think of snobby, rude people. The staff at the Sofitel at Beverly Hills made me think differently. We definitely don't get that kind of customer service here in Chicago. Next time I'm in the area, I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: If it's just 2 of you, get a king room facing the beautiful hills.

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
Thank you for all your nice comments about our hotel and our staff!
Our objective is to make your stay an unforgettable experience, and I am happy to see that your room with the view on the Hollywood Hills, the breakfast buffet and our french atmosphere, were details which contributed to this.
I am also glad that our staff members made you feel welcome.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
West Hollywood
The LondonWeho at BeverlyHills
The LondonWeho at BeverlyHills
#2 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!