“choosing a room”

Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Ranked #24 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 25 September 2013

we were offered a room that was a strange shape, not enough floor space to open our new suitcases which need the lids to lie flat.
We objected and were shown a better room that smelt badly of cigarette smoke. The third room we were offered was great...some lingering cigarette smoke but this dissipated overnight with some perfume sprayed from my wife's collection!
Once again we enjoyed the hotel,,location and service very good.
Breakfast expensive (but aren't all hotel breakfasts?) and be careful not to take fruit from the buffet if you are having a menu breakfast, which will result in you being charged around $30 for fruit, yogurt and coffee. We complained and the charge was reversed..
Always plenty of taxi's, otherwise all as good as one would expect from a decent hotelin America.
Will return again.

Room Tip: insist on a never been smoked in room...don't worry about the outlook.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and staff service.
Otherwise, we are really sorry for the inconvenience encountered with your room and that you had to change twice because of cigarette smoke.
Our objective is to create Magnifique experiences for our guests, and we hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Eric Lemaire, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,962)

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Rooms are spacious with nice decor and comfy beds. Love the rain shower and bath set up. Comp WiFi appreciated. Service was excellent. Conveniently located right across from Beverly Center and 20 minutes from LAX.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am glad to read that you like the room design and that you find the staff service excellent.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We returned back to Sofitel this year and was not disappointed!
Staff wonderful and helpful, room spacious and clean.
We like this hotel as it is close to everything, e.g The Grove, Melrose. A short drive to Hollywood and Rodeo Drive.
If we travel to LA next year we will stay at The Sofitel AGAIN!!

1  Thank Gjb78

Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am happy to know that you decided to come back at our property and that your second stay was as enjoyable as the first one!
I am happy to know you like our staff and our location.
We hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel came highly recommended by colleagues and...... I am Very careful with these reviews as I am sensitive to the fact that it is hard to please everyone and service each person's individual needs; however this is one of the reasons why I choose hotels that are ranked over four stars. The Sofitel has the potential to be an excellent hotel (as they do resolve issues quickly,) but I feel if more attention was paid to detail a lot of complaints would be avoided. I flew in for business for Emmy Award weekend from New York and upon arrival, the Concierge was happy to let me check in early :however; when I checked into my room the minibar door was hanging off the hinges I quickly got another room and not only was the bed poorly made with no top sheet but the balcony door was left halfway open so I could hear traffic. It has now been about two hours since check in and I was very anxious to settle. After waiting for that to be fixed and almost two hrs later, I was beat and had no time to relax before my business dinner.
After my dinner and a long day, I go to get in bed and this is what the bed looked like. I DO LOVE the champagne and the friendly staff. But if more maintenance was done on rooms AND If housekeeping could report any damages to the rooms DAILY... guests would not have to endure such issues when trying to check in and enjoy the services that you have to offer. I want to LOVE this hotel with the fun bar and friendly staff. But I feel you have either lost interest in being one of the BEST establishments for the quality not QUANTITY customer..
Best

Room Tip: The rooms facing the mall are quiet. Don't be discouraged
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Guest,
We thank you for your feedback which is very important to us, in order to keep our hotel improving as much as possible. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our staff service.
We have some amazing staff members working for us, and it is always nice to read comments about them.
Otherwise, we present you with our sincere apologies for the problems you encountered with your room, and I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations.
It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future,

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 1 evening on business using points. Was upgraded to a room with a view on a high floor. It was facing the Hollywood sign, but that sign is far away. (See pics). This is a nice hotel, as the lobby and the room are modern and well appointed. Huge shower and very comfortable bed. We opened the door the balcony for a few pictures and discovered how noisy it is at street level (even on a high floor). The balcony doors are really great at insulating the noise, as with them closed you barely hear anything. Only slight downside was we did not get turndown service which usually includes providing some bottled water. Got them from the mini bar and was accordingly charged for them at checkout.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
We thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay among us and especially our hotel design.
Otherwise, I present you with my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered with the turndown service. Turndown service must be done in each room every day and I assure you that this situation is unusual.
We will be thrilled to see you again very soon and we will do everything to make sure your next stay is successful,
Best regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Having stayed at Sofitel locations in NYC, Chicago, London, and Paris; I didn't put much effort into researching this hotel or others. Sofitel LA definitely lived up to the quality of the other locations. Our room was ready early which is always welcome. There was free wi-fi as well at this hotel. We booked a Hollywood Hills view, and ended up on the 8th floor with a fantastic view. One downside is that the school behind the hotel is putting up a new building, so the construction noise was quite loud early in the morning the days we were there. The valet parking was a bit expensive, but I guess that's how most places are in LA. This location is definitely more lively than some of the other locations I've stayed at before, the hotel is located at the corner of two major streets, while the others seem to be on quieter streets. This wasn't really an issue for us though. The hotel was in a great central location to get to Beverly Hills and Hollywood, along with highway access to other parts of the city. Just like the other locations I've stayed at, the staff at Sofitel LA were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, with a Hollywood Hills view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am happy to know you appreciated the early check in and your room with the view on the Hollywood Hills. I am sorry for the noise because of the school construction, we really hope our guests won't be too disturbed because of this.
Thank you for your loyalty to Sofitel and I am glad that our staff made you feel welcome.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#16 of 355 in Los Angeles
Westside
InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!