“Awesome hotel and staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Ranked #24 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Awesome hotel and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Sofitel as it was across the road from the Beverly Centre and also was down the road from friends that were staying at the SLS. Have to say service was excellent and also the door staff were very friendly and courteous. After reading some of the reviews I was hoping that these were one offs, and from our experience I think they must have stayed at a different hotel.
We arrived at the hotel at 8am and had requested a specific floor and also an early check in. It was a off change for the early check in and really didn't expect to be able to but was offered the spa to freshen up with our room being prepared and was ready by 11 which worked out perfect for us as by the time we had freshen up and had brunch with friends we were ready to check into our room. If you are booking a room with a patio ask for the 10th floor as was the penthouse floor and had an awesome view of downtown and also of the Beverly centre.
We stayed for 7 nights and enjoyed every bit of it. Conviently located to everything and walking distance to rodeo drive and the Chinese theatre. We walked and made use of taxis to get everywhere. A hop on and hop off bus stops opposite the Sofitel.
Would recommend this property to anyone that wants convienence and also a little luxury to spoil yourself. Will definitely come back and looking forward to it.
PS Shaun at the door was a nice smiling and warm face to greet you after a 14 hr flight. And was always smiling and helpful

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sanfran1975
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay since your arrival with the early check in! After a 14 hours flight, all you want is being able to relax!
I will certainly be thanking shaun for his service. Our objective is always to make our guests feel as if they were at home!
We hope to welcome you again soon for another stay in one of our suite with a view on the city.
Eric Lemaire, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

After much research we decided to stay here for the first 3 nights of our US holiday. We have been to LA 3 times over the last 3 years but this was our first stay with our children (aged 7, 6 and 3). I have found the hotels in LA to be of a great standard and you definitely get more value for your money than you do in Australia. (Other hotels have been the London and W Hollywood)

W has been my favourite but Sofitel rivals it with its beautiful lobby and lovely rooms. It also fit our family comfortably. We took advantage of a special and decided to upgrade and have our first 3 nights getting accustomed to the US time zone in a penthouse one bedroom suite. This was a fabulous decision.

The bed was amazing. My favourite bed in all of the US. Exactly like sleeping in a fluffy cloud. I am still trying to find something comparable here at home to buy.

This is a fantastic central location. I would go and shop in the evening across the road. There were many local food options though we did have a car. We had breakfast in the restaurant which was nice enough. If you are staying in LA though, you must visit the farmers market and Wholefoods supermarket across the road. We ate in here numerous times too as it's a great healthy, quick option. We did encounter the only rude person in the local Souplantation which has healthy salads and soups for lunch. She instructed my children not to speak :-/ then moved to another booth across the restaurant. I was secretly sniggering when another family sat next to them.

But we loved the Grove, especially with the fake snow in December.

We would definitely return to the Sofitel on a return trip. It's a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
Thank you for all your nice comments about our property and I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay and especially our Sofitel beds, which you can find on our Soboutique website.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again,
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hotel and service was great.. I would love to stay here again but the mini bar fridge was filled with their drinks and alcohol not to mention the fridge wasnt working.. We stayed in room 326 two nights ago and the engineer that came around to fix it didnt work the next day.. we end up getting a portable mini bar fridge at 2am in the morning.. other than that.. the bed was soo comfortable to sleep on.
They really need to do something about the smoking area.. everything when i went down stairs to smoke.. i had the sun in my face..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am glad to read that our Sofitel beds were the most comfortable to sleep on and that you liked our staff service.
Otherwise, we are really sorry for the inconvenience encountered with your mini bar.
Please believe that this situation is unusual and we hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Yamba, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed a week in September, room was very nice and the staff were excellent, I'd have rated the place Excellent except they were shooting a movie in the bar and unless you were willing to be an extra you couldn't get in for a quiet drink!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yambaman2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am glad you enjoyed our property and the staff service.
I am sorry if you were disturbed by the movie. We tried to do our best in order this shooting not to prevent our guests to relax and enjoy their stay.
We hope you will come back to be able to have a quiet drink in our outside patio!
Beverly Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

It's not the best place in the world. Or in LA for that matter. I'm not overly excited, yet, I'm not offended either. I always meet characters here, and there's a bar downstairs that's full of people in business suits. I like it, but don't love it. The location isn't all that great either, but I'll always be a west side girl, so it's a personal preference, not an attack on the hotel itself. I don't think you'll hate this place, but you won't walk away saying it's the best place ever. I think people come here because they are either on a business meeting, a business mixer, or they heard it in a rap song.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the first time in September! I did a lot of research before choosing a hotel & we made the right decision. The staff were exceptional very helpful, the room was spacious and clean. The most comfortable beds I have ever slept in! It was those little touches like a complimentary drink at the bar & water given to us for our ride to the airport that really make them stand out! My husband & I kept commenting on how fantastic they were! This hotel is so close to everything, The Grove, opposite the Beverly Centre, short walk to Robertson Blvd! as we didn't have a car these were all important when choosing location.
When we come back to LA we would not stay anywhere else! Great work on achieving such a high standard in such a competitive industry!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
I am glad that you and your family enjoyed our staff service. We take a lot of pleasure in making each of our guest’s visits "fantastic"!
I am also happy to read our Sofitel bed is one of the most comfortable bed you have ever slept in!
It is true Los Angeles is not a city where you can easily travel without a car, but I am glad that you didn't encounter any problems thanks to our central location.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Alright Sofitel, you're on the chopping block but not to worry! You did great!

Hotel - Great location and fab decor as soon as you roll up into their porte cochere. If you like modern this is the perfect hotel for you. The hotel is right next to the Beverly Center so shopping was dangerously close. Check in was smooth and concierge were very helpful. I had to do some work on this trip but the staff made it really easy for me to print/scan/fax documents and the wee hours in the evening.

Restaurant - We dined at Esterel for Mother's Day Brunch which was fab. We completely forgot about making reservations but it wasn't too busy so we luckily got in right away. Food was excellend and selection was somewhat overwhelming. Well.. buffets are overwhelming.

Rooms - We had a room with a King-sized bed and a view of the Hollywood Hills. The view was quite nice and I'm sure many guests pay quite the premium for it but luckily I went when the hotel wasn't so busy (in May). The room was spacious and so was the bathroom. We had a shower in our bathroom but there was ample space for two people to be in there at the same time comfortably. The decor is modern contemporary and in good taste.

Facilities - I didn't use anything else really to be completely honest. The restaurant turns into a lounge on the weekends? It's "bumpin" because I got back to the hotel crazy late that night and people were still getting crazy. Too many parties in LA anyway...

Okay so the issue I had was with tipping. We parked our car at the hotel and would give the valet a small tip when they took or brought out our car. Every time we gave them a tip it was made clear that I wasn't giving enough. I would tip maybe 3 - 4 dollars each time but one of them had the nerve to count it in front of me and shake his head side to side. I was pretty appalled! Next time I'll tip a dollar in coins! Unbelievable! It's obviously a tip-based pay system when they practical fight with each other to bring your car out.

Anyways.... Other than that the hotel was fine, I enjoyed my stay and the location is great.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlohaGuest808
Dear guest,
We are delighted that you spent an excellent stay, overlooking the Hollywood Hills from your room. We are also glad you enjoyed our mordern hotel design and that our staff made your stay easy.
Otherwise, I am really sorry for the bad experience you had with our valet parking. Please rest assured that I will bring your comments to the attention of our Valet Parking Director.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon,