“Unpleasant stay”

Ranked #27 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Unpleasant stay”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Good points on this hotel is purely just on the location which is definitely worth the price you pay however absolutely disappointed in the rooms.

It's outdated and feels very unhygienic. Could not sleep at all due to the feathers sticking out in the sheets which would prick us while we sleep. And god don't start me on the noise! People running around in the early hours of 4-5am, our 4 night stay here has been terrible.

For the price you pay think they could at least get their beds or tv right.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank lammmy
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am so sorry that it seems we missed the mark.
Please rest assured that I have brought your comments to the attention of my team.
Eric Lemaire, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Good Hotel, beds were comfortable and very easy to sleep in with. Had breakfast onsite and it was ok, but probably not as large selection I am used to at Hotels. The furniture has stains on them and did not feel very hygienic.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank BNE101
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your honest review of Sofitel Los Angles at Beverly Hills.
I am happy to know you liked our property and your beds.
I am sorry if we didn't meet your expectations regarding the breakfast selection and the room furniture.
I hope we will be able to better serve you in the near future.
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Very nice hotel, we were very pleased.
Location: very nice for us, 15 min walk to farmer's market and 15 min by bus to Hollywood. A lot of restaurants nearby, and nice area, with a huge mall just across the street.
Service level: excellent, we were surprised how friendly can be a hotel's staff. Concierge very helpful, offered us all the info needed; Fast check-in/out.
Rooms: our room was large, clean, modern, comfortable big bad, well accessorized. Bathroom large, spacious, and the best part: wow!!! shower cabin: big, nice, with a window (you had a button to choose if you can see in the room or not) facing the room.
Another beautiful surprise; the breakfast- we were impressed, excellent breakfast for American&European standards: large choice, and high quality ingredients (salmon, salami, prosciutto, cheese, omelet station, pancakes, croissants etc.)

Highly recommended.
Je veux féliciter monsieur directeur !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Vladimir,
Thank you so much for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills.
I am delighted to know you enjoyed your room, the location and found the breakfast delicious.
We have amazing staff members and I am happy that they made you feel welcome.
Merci beaucoup!
Eric Lemaire, General manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Our welcome by Daniel G could not have been more warm and kind for two weary Scottish travellers who had just been caught up in that awful LAX situation.

The room was outstanding, with superbly comfortable bed and luxuries. We asked for a room change because we were going to be there for a week and wouldn't mind seeing something upon wakeup other than a car park although this would be completely irrelevant to a business traveller.

We got moved to another superb room and we were really pleased with what Daniel found for us, although all I had in cash at the time was $13 so I asked Adonis to get himself and Daniel a cold one with it !!!

The pool area is really for relaxing as you won't get much sun there at all. Gym is great and really nice..

I liked the bar area also and the cool staff in the hotel who cannot do enough for you.

Eric - can you thank Daniel please.

Room Tip: Depends on travellers needs....
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
SofitelLA, Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles at beverly Hills.
Thank you for the nice comments about your room and our staff. I will make sure to thank Daniel.
I am happy that you enjoyed the bar and that you relaxed at the swimming pool.
Clotilde Lucet, GM Assistant
Wellington
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by a friend which I recommended to another friend prior to our stay and she loved it. We arrived very late and tired and our checkin was very quick. Our room was just sumptuous and after a shower in the amazing spacious and luxurious bathroom, we collapsed into bed. The bed was THE most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. We sought help from the concierge in the morning who gave us a list of places to eat within a short 10 minute walk from the hotel. Joan's on Third was already on my list but I have others to try next August when we come back. The location was fantastic and situated right opposite the Beverly Centre shopping mall. The doormen and rest of the staff were fantastic, service top notch. We had a drink in the bar and the décor was stunning. We were also provided a changing room in their spa/gym area to change our clothes for our long flight ahead home to New Zealand. The area around is very safe and awesome to go explore the residential homes and the famous Farmers Market and The Grove are only 15 minutes away. See you next year Sofitel! Well done.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nina044
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Nina,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I was delighted to read all your nice comments about our location, our bathrooms, our beds, the decor of the bar, our staff.
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and thank you to recommend our property to your friends.
We really hope to welcome you back next year!
Clinton, NJ
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My family just returned from a 4 night stay. The hotel was very nice. Good location for many things. We really enjoyed the mall right across the street along with the other shops and places to eat.
The staff was very friendly from check in, to breakfast, to valet. The rooms were nice, average hotel size, but furnishings were nice.
The breakfast at the hotel was great. The only complaint I would really have was that housekeeping didn't make up the room until about 4pm which was when we were coming back to recharge for the rest of the day.
I had an issue with the bill and the price I had for the room, but the manager was willing to work it out, which I really appreciated.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your honest review of Sofitel Los Angeless at beverly Hills!
I am very happy that you enjoyed our staff and our breakfast.
I am sorry for the invenience you had with your room and your billing. I am glad if our staff made everything they can to solve the problem.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Central L.A
Elan Hotel
Elan Hotel
#5 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!