“Great, beautiful hotel!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great, beautiful hotel!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I got our room from Hotwire, so I didn't know where we were staying until I purchase, but I was pleasantly surprised! A great place. The room was beautiful, the bed comfortable, and the service impeccable. Definitely a great place to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Andrew,
It can always be risky to book without knowing the hotel name, and I am so glad that Sofitel was a great surprise for you!
We always try to deliver the best service possible because we know that is what will make the difference!
We hope to welcome you back soon!
Warm regards,
Eric Lemaire, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New Brighton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My cousin and I stayed here in January, 2014 for 5 days and it was such a beautiful hotel. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were well kept and we never once needed to request for anything. We were right next door to the Beverly Center, a CVS pharmacy and close to bus lines. One key point to our room is we had 2 doors we could open and let in the fresh and warm California air and sunshine. If we ever come back to LA, we would definitely be staying here!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ljiljan385
Dear guest,
I am glad that you and your cousin enjoyed your stay with us!
I agree that having french doors you can open is always a nice thing to have when you are in LA and that you want to enjoy the weather!
We will be happy to welcome you back!
Warm regards,
New Jersey
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Sofitel for the Grammy's. The hotel has a very busy, modern luxury, with a touch of french ambiance. The hotel itself is very beautiful, but the surrounding area does not match up. Located on a busy street corner with Beverly Center Mall right across the street. Very convenient, but if you are looking for scenery, this may not be for you.
I stayed in a basic room which was extremely clean and extremely comfortable, with a simple elegance. Could see the Hollywood sign way off in the distance. Bed was the BEST bed in ANY HOTEL I have ever stayed in. Super plush, Sink in, featherbed, fluffy duvet. WOW. I gather they are known for this and well deserved. I would stay again just for the bed. Great service.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Maria J
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Maria,
I am very glad that you enjoyed the bed! It is certainly one of our signature features,with layer upon layer of plush feathers.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
Best,
Werribee, Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in October 2013. The hotel was great, concierge was friendly and very helpful, room was very clean and up to date.. We loved the window from the bathroom so we could watch tv whilst showering. And the highlight of our stay was Shaun at the front door. From the very first second we were there he was extremely nice and always greeted us and opened the door for us. We would stay here again just for the service.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Dale,
I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us, the room, and the service! Yes, Shaun is a wonerful asset to our team; I will be sure to let him know of your praise.
Warm Regards,
Ormeau, Australia
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here recently for 4 nights on our first leg of our USA tour. This is our 4th different Sofitel hotel we have stayed at in the last 4 years. The Hotel's location is in an excellent position close to restaurants, the tourist sites and a large Shopping Centre. It is an older hotel but tastefully renovated inside. The staff were friendly and attentive and could not have done anything more for us. The only downsides were housekeeping not replacing toilet paper in the room, the lack of a kettle/coffee machine in room despite us being in a luxury room, and the gap between the mattress and the wall.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Brendan,
I am happy to hear that you enjoy the Sofitel brand. Yes, our property is in a prime location in Los Angeles.
I am very sorry that housekeeping did not replace the toilet paper in your room. In regards to the coffee maker, please ask the next time you stay with us - we deliver them upon request.
I hope that you enjoy the rest of your US tour!
Best,
Stephens City, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Sofitel was the greatest hotel experience I've ever had. Their service has set the standard for all of my future hotel stays. Cordial valet attendants greet you as soon as you arrive. Kind and respectful bellman handle your luggage. Competent and pleasant staff quickly check you in and direct you to your room. The concierge was extremely helpful when inquiring about places to visit and must-eat restaurants while we were in the area for a brief visit on business.

Throw in the fact that the bed was comfortable and the breakfast buffet was the most delicious I've ever had, I can honestly say this has been my favorite hotel stay ever.

If you're in the area and are looking for a hotel with top-notch service and a great night's sleep, check out Sofitel.

Room Tip: The south side of the hotel faces the mall across the street and the other views the beautiful hills...