“Convenient for very 1st LA trip!”

Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Ranked #27 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
DC
“Convenient for very 1st LA trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Directly across from the Beverly Hills Mall, 24 hour CVS adjacent, close to all the hot Beverly Hills areas like Rodeo Dr. Hotel is clean and upscale. Breakfast was minimal. Limited to the buffet or room service otherwise your charged per item for like toast, bacon or croissants. Rooms extremely spacious however our rooms were only cleaned upon request not daily when we were out of the room. Great location would recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sweetbabiet
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Bonjour sweetbabiet,
I am happy you liked the property and the location. It is true having a CVS opened 24 hours can be very usefull!
I am surprised and sorry for the inconvenience you had with your room, as our housekeeping team comes in every rooms at least twice a day, the first time to clean it and the second time at the end of the day for the turn down service.
I really hope that for your second visit to LA, your stay will be perfect!
Warm regards,
Eric Lemaire, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Sofitel laocation is very very strategic. When you passing through the lobby blomingdale mall exactly in front of you with macy's men shop inside. Te room is big with high quality bed and linen making you haVe a very good sleep. The problem is my breakfast. So little of choice speciallynfor me from asian. All food were western Taste.

Room Tip: If you are coming from asia, beTter younprepare your own breakfast
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mohammad Y
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

My first visit and stay at Sofitel LA was January 2012, with my wife on our first night as a married couple. Our overall exprerience was excellent. The staff are well trained and professional. I was not for a second, ignored by any of their staff when I was walking around the hallway, waiting for the car at the valet area or just lounging by the lobby. After that night, I told my wife that we would be coming back at Sofitel...

Fast forward to Valentines Day 2014, me and my wife checked in to spend a night here. Same thing as before, the staff was very welcoming and warm. The front desk staff with the name of Jonathan was very detail-oriented and professional. He checked us in under 2 minutes and gave us the keys to our room. TIme is of the essence and the level of efficiency was greatly appreciated. The following morning, I decided to try their breakfast in-room service. No failures here, from the service to the food itself, everything was outstanding. I called in for a late-check out and the front desk staff accommodated that request with no qualms.

My only gripe with our recent visit was when we were by the poolside at around 8:30am, loud electronic/club-type music was blaring the speakers. I assumed that the system was left playing unattended from the previous night. There was no staff around at that time so I was not able to anyone about it. No biggie because I still enjoyed the heated pool in a mildly cold Southern California February morning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank E B
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear E B,
I am so glad that after your honeymoon in 2012, you decided to come back for Valentine's day!
And I am happy your second stay with us was up to your expectations.
I will certainly by thanking Jonathan for his guest service during check-in. I am sure it will put a smile on his face!
We hope to welcome you back soon!
Warm regards,
Muswellbrook, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Wow!! The Sofitel Los Angeles has completely amazed me. My partner and I have travelled to many places around the world but this hotel has taken things to a new level. After a less than enjoyable experience in lax and a horrible shuttle experience by the time we got to the Sofitel Los Angeles I was exhausted! Stephan not only managed our reservation that had been cancelled but went beyond his duty to make sure we were comfortable and suprised us with a small gift when we return to the hotel that evening. Dana took care of all our transfers for the next day making sure we didn't have another horrible shuttle.. The restaurant is to die for!! The meals were the best we had had in our 2 weeks visit to the USA and the creme brûlée cheesecake only left us wanting more.. The Sofitel has many services that others charge for and is more concerned for its guests than booking in more reservations. Congratulations for topping our list, we will visit again for sure.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Ejanegill
Dear Ejanegill,
Thank you so much for this wonderful review!
This is so nice to read such comments and to know our guests really enjoyed their experience.
I will thank Stephane at the front Desk, Dana the concierge, and Marius, our Chef, for his cheesecake creme brulee!
We really hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.
Cheers,
Denham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have used several Sofitel hotels across the globe and this one is a good example of the comfort offered to all.

The Restaurant was a let down, such a limited menu and I found that I had to entertain outside and because of that I declined the use(hire) of meeting rooms.

The Reception and lobby area are so depressing, it is smothered in tinted mirrors and the level of tint is too heavy and depressing, a warm and welcoming reception is certainly missing here. This trend seems to flow along the corridor to the bar and restaurant....UGhh!!

Room Tip: some rooms offer a view of the Hollywood sign on the hill, well my room did but I think you would ne...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Walnut Creek, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Nice hotel and good location with friendly staff but room rates and food are pricy. You have also to park in valet at $37.50 per day. Hospital nearby and I heard sirens all night long. Would not recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel is pretty much what you would expect of a hotel in Los Angeles. It's a little bit clubby, modern, and they hype up the French European to make you feel important. At the same time, they really are pleasant and accomodating. I'm a little bit obsessive when it comes to cleanliness, so I would not give this hotel 5 stars for that, but it was clean enough for me to be ok. The linens were white and felt new, as did the bed which was very comfortable. The shower was excellent. The one thing I was puzzled about was when we checked in we were told we were upgraded to a view of the hills. Sure, we could see the hills, but our view of the construction going on was more obvious and signficant. Still, we stayed in three hotels with excellent ratings this vacation, and if I were to choose one out of the three for my entire stay it would have been this one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Loews Hollywood Hotel
Loews Hollywood Hotel
#16 of 349 in Los Angeles
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,364 reviews

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!