“Great atmosphere, friendly staff, beautiful building”

Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Ranked #28 of 358 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay here, we were greeted with smiles and the staff and concierge were very helpful. The hotel itself is located in a great area, so we could walk to the malls and a few trendy restaurants. The room and bathroom were a fair size, room service was good too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Bonjour Caterina0486,
Smiling is one of the most important thing, and I am glad if our staff made you feel welcome!
Eric Lemaire, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,008)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel has a lot to offer, the location is good close to a few good shopping malls and good restaurants. The attention is upscale compared to other hotels in LA. The food is good at the hotel restaurant and the bar staff is awesome. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Bonjour Rjgordon1312,
I am happy you enjoyed our location, the restauran food and our staff!
I hope you will come back from Venezuela for another nice stay in Los Angeles!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Our second stay and once again cannot speak highly enough of this hotel.
Service is fantastic - everyone from the valets to the front desk cannot do enough for you.
We were once again upgraded and had a view of the Hollywood hills. Only minor issue was the construction going on across the road but they started up at 7am each day so it wasn't too early.
Marvellous beds and a great bathroom with the biggest shower - absolutely loved it.
Would not stay anywhere else in LA.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Bonjour AnnaDownUnder,
Thank you so much for your review! I am happy to read you were not dissapointed for your second stay, and that your enjoyed our staff service.
I hope that for your 3rd stay with us, the construction will be over and that you will be able to enjoy much more our Sofitel beds after a long flight from Melbourne!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Excellent LA location with the ability to walk to shops and restaurants which is a nice treat in LA. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Rooms are compact but nicely appointed with very comfortable beds and well appointed bathrooms. Spa and pool (sun deck) are a really nice extra feature. Complementary coffee and croissant set up in the dining room for early morning risers was divine!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bonjour DHL13,
There is not lots of place were you can walk in LA, and for sure you can shop and find nice restaurants near the hotel. The Grove is always a nice place to go have a walk and have dinner.
I am glad you had the opportunity to go to the pool and to the Spa.
We hope to welcome you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Great location, wonderful property, and fabulous staff.
I would like to mention ALEX, the doorman, who always went above and beyond to satisfy guests around him: I was waiting for my car outside and he provided me with a bottle of cold water while I waited! Also, MARCO, Night Auditor, checked me in in a friendly and professional manner, and he escorted me to the elevators - way to make me feel special! Thelma, Room Attendant, was friendly and always smiling when I encountered her in the hallway. Finally, Sergio the Restaurant server I had every morning was kind and he also surprised me by bringing me a basket of pastries when waiting for my order as I was dining by myself one morning while the rest of my party was still sleeping. Thank you again!!! You have a wonderful staff that knows how to make a guest feel welcome and special during their stay. I am still raving about your service to my peers in the property I work at, you really impressed me!! Merci!

Stayed: May 2014

Bonjour Elizabeth R,
Thank you so much for these comments about our staff which will for sure put a big smile on their face!
Be sure I will thank Alex, Marco, Thelma and Sergio (always nice to have a basket of pastries while waiting!).
Hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

While your Accor card beings very little benefit staying here, the location and relative quiet makes it an easy choice. Close to Farmers market, The Grove, the Beverly centre is right across the road.
Hollywood, walkable if you like to walk but easy transport. Having a car is easy and all the places you may want to go to have car parking. I guess LA is designed around the automobile.
The front of house team were great.
Seemed to be many Guests with Dogs of varying degrees of Health which was a little different to observe. Apart from in the lifts and lobby we weren't aware of them.
Many alternative eating places in the area.
We had simple issues with remote controls being flat and international plugs and chargers missing from room. While simple when you need to have staff come and go come and go to sort things it is annoying. At least it was resolved and we would happily return ahead of other places.

Room Tip: Request a Hollywood Hills view room. Looks back towards hills and quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I just read the last review posted about the Sofitel and couldn't agree more. Impressive lobby and attentive staff but the rooms are a little bit of a let down ( not the beds !! Soooo comfortable!)
We had to ask for the room to be vacuumed as soon as we arrived
But having said all that the position is perfect - directly opposite The Beverly Centre which has Bloomingdales etc but also opposite is a plaza with Target & Marshalls and nice coffee shop for breakfast.
We got the tour recommended by the Concierge and that was perfect - pick up at the hotel etc.
don't go downtown unless there's a game at the Staples Centre - really quiet.
Overall I would stay again

West Hollywood
Chamberlain West Hollywood
Chamberlain West Hollywood
#6 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!