“Beautiful Room and view”

Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Ranked #26 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Philadelphia
“Beautiful Room and view”
Reviewed 11 June 2009

Just got back from a 4 day stay in the Sofitel. I loved LA and I love the Sofitel. We have a viwn of the Hills and it was so beautiful in the night and in the day. The rooms were awesome esp the bathroom. Loved the shower! The bed was sooo comfortable too. The service was also top notch. We didnt eat at the restauant Simon LA but it looked pretty nice. The location could have been better but I would definalty stay there again no question. LA was great can't wait to return!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
london
Reviewed 8 June 2009

We stayed here two nights at the end of our trip in california. LA isnt really my kind of place, as its not the kind of place you go for a wander, you need to drive everywhere which is why I gave it 4/5 stars for location, but Im not sure where else i would have liked to stay in LA as Beverley Hills seems like the nicest area to stay, but it takes a while to get to the beach.
The hotel itself was really nice and modern, the pool is outdoor and heated but small, but the terrace around the pool was really nice with big comfy loungers and quite cool round loungers and flat screens (very LA!).
The only thing that annoyed me is both the constant seeking of tips and the parking, as Valet parking seemed to be $29/day. We stayed in one other hotel in LA the night before and looked around a few, and the expensive parking and seeking of tips seems pretty consistent everywhere. Anyway, to save a few quid we parked across the road in the beverley centre (big shopping centre), and at nights we parked in the road behind the hotel for free until 7am. The beverley centre was good for shopping and had some good value restaurants on the ground floor.
I would recommend this hotel as a nice place to stay in LA and we got good value through expedia.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank california_trip09
dylannnx3
Reviewed 20 May 2009

Wellll, my family and I stayed in the penthouse suite, and it was AMAZING. our hotel looked right at the mall and the city, and I loved it. would DEFINITELY go back.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
Malibu, California
Reviewed 17 May 2009

I stayed there for three nights under a “stay for three nights and pay for two” special. All in all it is a very nice hotel with nice rooms and everything else that goes with a 4 star hotel. Service by everyone from valet, concierge, to bellman was great. There are three computers off the lobby open 24 hours on which there is free internet. If you want wifi in you room you have to pay for it. The pool is small and not very lavish although it is very warm and I had no problems getting a cot. The “balcony” they refer to in the advertisements is a literally 12 inch space between the French doors and the gate. It is only good for standing on to see what the weather is like.
The negatives I found were that it is walking distance from the Beverly Center but nothing else. And there are homeless beggars all around the hotel so if you want to walk anywhere be prepared to deal with them. And the Beverly Center is such a blasé shopping mall it does really adds nothing to the hotel. The real great shopping is in the Rodeo Dive area in Beverly Hills which is only 10 minutes away but you have to drive. So if you don’t mind calling your car up from valet parking, driving 10 minutes and then finding parking in the Rodeo Drive area, this world not present a problem for you.
The other thing that bothered me about the hotel is that two “free drink” tickets I got at check-in for use in the nightclub could only be used for alcoholic drinks. I could not redeem them for bottled water, a Coke or Sprite. The waitress said I could get Champaign or some other alcoholic drink but nothing else. So since I do not drink alcohol I just tossed the tickets. I have no idea why the hotel puts this limitation on its free drinks but it really offended me. Do I ended up just tossing the “free alcoholic drink” tickets.
Now would I stay there again? I cannot say I would. I like a hotel where I can walk out the front door and be in the center of everything. In Beverly Hills this would be the Beverly Wiltshire-but at twice the price of the Sofitel it would be a hard decision.

On a note of “what to see on the way to the hotel” stop at Bristol Farms about a mile or two down Beverly Ave from the hotel. I have never seen such an upscale, posh, esoteric, expensive grocery store in my life. It makes Whole Foods look like a soup kitchen on Skid Row. In front of me in line was a celebrity movie producer with a grocery cart of goat cheese, caviar and the like which totaled over $1300. This is a great place to get some take out and just to see where the rich shop.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Taniquan
Oregon
Reviewed 13 May 2009

I stayed at the Sofitel for 4 nights - the bed was so comfortable it was like sleeping on a marshmellow. Since I was alone I ordered room service often - the speed, service and quality of the food were excellent. I had a room facing the hills - I would think the rooms facing the Beverly Center could be noisy. I had drinks with a friend in the outside bar in the evening which was very nice with the long sofas and pillows. Nice hip crowd but I felt very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 9 May 2009

This hotel is fantastic! Wonderful location, you can walk anywhere. The hotel food is a little pricey, but the rooms are beautiful. It was a relaxing and wonderful stay!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
New Jersey
Reviewed 7 May 2009

We stayed at the Sofitel for only one night (sadly) in August. I booked the room based on cost and vicinity to the Price is Right taping. The service at the front desk was exceptionally courteous from check in, to calling a cab for us at 4 am, until the time we checked out in the morning. Our room was on an upper floor with an great view of Hollywood Hills. The room was on the small side, but very clean and sufficient for our needs. Unfortuately, we didn't have time to check out the pool area (maybe next time). But the outdoor lounge area was amazing!!! We had a nice glass of wine in one of the chic little cabana areas. It was a very relaxing place to unwind after our flight from the east coast. After drinks we went back to the room since we had to get to CBS Studios early in the morning. For those interested in the Price is Right taping, the Sofitel was a quick cab ride to the CBS Studios. The bed was so comfortable, it was like sleeping on a big fluffy marshmallow! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Sofitel and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Loews Hollywood Hotel
Loews Hollywood Hotel
#17 of 351 in Los Angeles
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,457 reviews

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!