“One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in”

Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Ranked #24 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Melbourne
“One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in”
Reviewed 9 August 2009

From the moment we arrived we were greeted by lovely staff. Check in was a breeze, bags were brought up immediately and staff ever so helpful.

Room was spotless. I loved the window from the shower that you could see through to the TV. A flick of a switch would change the window to non-see through if you wanted privacy.

When we exited the lift and headed to reception to ask a question, there was always 3 staff there ready to walk you to reception to answer your enquiry. We requested a late check out, which could not be granted, but as we were not entitled to this it did not change our view of the hotel. Of course the hotel was happy to store our bags for us all day, as our flights did not leave until late at night.

When we were ready for the airport, the staff asked if we needed a taxi, and then suggested for a few dollars more we could have a private car, which we took them up on. Two minutes later a lovely black car was there ready to take us to the airport. The driver told us that a well known band was staying at the hotel (which would explain why it seemed busy) but the hotel was so quiet, you never would have known it was at full occupancy.

Did not check out the restaurant or bar, as we just ran out of time.

There is no other place for us to stay when we come back to LA. Excellent location opposite the Beverly Centre. The DASH Hollywood and Fairfax leaves from the corner and the Hop on Hop off Hollywood bus stops across the road. $10 cab ride from Framers Market/Grove.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank whereismeg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Woking UK
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Stayed three nights, and requested a Hills View room ... glad we did as I think the rooms with views of the Beverley Centre wouldn't have been nearly as good. Fantastic shower lets you look out through the bedroom to the hills ... very unusual. As ever with Sofitel, great service and super comfy bed resulted in another "thumbs up" from us

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
uk
Reviewed 27 July 2009

I just had a 3 night stay at the sofitel in L.A. I found my room to be perfect for a solo traveller. The bathroom was well stocked with lots of towels which gets major brownie points, plus 2 frette bathrobes and slippers,nice toiletries and there was an electronic safe in the closet as well as iron and sewing kits.
I had room service once and breakfast in room twice. I didnt get the feeling that simon L.A is really a single travellers place to go but a lot of the room service menu is apparently served there..i recommend the braised short ribs. I also got to meet the said celeb chef in the lift and he was very charming. The concierge team are fantastic esp megan and claudia, they really know L.A and how to get into the more popular restaurants!
As for location the massive beverly mall is opposite and has most shops you would want inside, the grove and farmers market are near too, the red line tour bus actually stops opposite the hotel which is easy for those who dont know the area.

The only bad point was the mix up with the extra night i requested at check in. this has since been passed to the management and all resolved in a very professional and polite way which helped the decision to visit next year when i return

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank chinkyspice-007
Bangkok
Reviewed 25 July 2009

Clean nice hotel in the middle of LA. The rooms were nice and ready when I got there.

The staff are very friendly and nice. The gym was smaller than I expected. But everything was great, including room service.

Would stay here again.

Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 25 July 2009

much too loud!! Nightclub downstairs is open air and you can't sleep until approx 2am morning, specially on Fridays and Saturdays.
Not really friendly staff, very hype. But not real worth it.
Made a mistake, was there for business. Realized that hotel is not setup for that.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
São Paulo
Reviewed 16 July 2009

I have stayed twice at this hotel and I really liked. The service and the location are perfect!! The only thing I didn´t like was the bed.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 11 July 2009

I can't believe the bad reviews that have recently been posted on this site. I've just come back from a 3 night stay at the Sofitel in Los Angeles and I have (almost) nothing to complain about.

The hotel location is good - close to shopping at the beverly centre and the grove, close to west hollywood and sunset for going out and a short drive to lots of LA's popular spots ($12 cab to Rodeo Drive, $14 cab to the Hollywood Bowl).

The public areas of the hotel are beautiful. Very sleek and modern. The staff on reception were extremely professional and very helpful. There is no free wireless internet in the hotel but there are free computers to use at the business centre and in the gym.

The room was great - clean, well appointed, spacious and with a very nice bathroom. Only odd thing was the very loud echo in the bathroom, it was like being in a tunnel. Let's just say you can hear everything nicely amplified in the bedroom...

People have mentioned the restaurant/bar area and the "night club" noise. I was there for 3 nights (including weekend) and it was empty... so I don't know where the club was going on.

The pool area is on the rooftop of the second floor and is small. The pool is a great temperature though, just perfect for me as I often find outdoor pools a little chilly. There were nice loungers and the poolside service was good. Only complaint is that as it's on the second floor, there is a lot of noise from the street below so it takes away from the relaxation. Not much the hotel can do about this I guess.

The fitness centre in the hotel is remarkable, really one of the best gyms I've seen in a hotel ever. They also provide free bottles of evian and chilled towels. Really well done.

My only real complaint about this hotel is the parking. There is no self-park option so you are forced to use the Valet service which is VERY expensive at almost $30 a day. I really do think this is excessive. That said, I got a great deal on this hotel on Hotwire for only $110 a night so I can't complain!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Central L.A
Elan Hotel
Elan Hotel
#5 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!