“dissappointed”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sydney, Australia
“dissappointed”
Reviewed 5 August 2010

beds not very comfortable. too noisy during the evening(sirens) They charge your credit card as soon as you arrive for your full stay and then hold an extra $200.00 per day, of your stay. so go with plenty of money in your account. All this, they do not tell you when you arrive. When we complained we were offered a free breakfast as the best they could do.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jedda23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I think overall I had a good experience at the Sofitel in LA, stayed there for 6 nights. The service was pretty attentive, located across from the mall which can be a good thing and the food really was very good. We were holding an event there and the staff were extremely helpful and we had a successful event there. Only downside is if you get a room on the front it can be noisy because of the road and the bar. I ended up switching rooms to a room on the back and it was a MUCH more relaxing experience.
Bar can be a little dark and hence offputting but the outside bar area is lovely.
Wifi access was a pain in the rear as is run by T-mobile and I could not get e-mail to work in my room despite calling their "help" desk.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We Stayed at the Sofitel after and 17 hour flight to be checked into a room directly over a night club. We slept on and off that night only because we were so tired. We asked our room to be changed the following night if the night club was going to continue. Sure enough the room was changed. We ate in the restaurant 'Simon LA' it was OK but nothing special. The coffee was Super hot anfd the beans burnt... It's really hard to get good coffee in the states. The location was opptisite the Beverly Bvld shops... Apart from that- The location is not great. It was about a $70.00 ride from the airport and cost about $40.00 to get to Griffiths observetry in a taxi. We found all Taxi drivers took advantage once they heard an ozzie accent. The bathrooms in the Hotel were large but did not contain a bath but the shower was very large looking into the room via a glass window that you could frost over. The lobby is very nice and the bell boys were very attentive. The concierge was not the most informative.. We asked about local restarant and got a list with no address, no telephone number or local map.. All in all pretty useless.
Anyway.. Was OK nothing super special,

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 31 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at Sofitel while visiting our son in Los Angeles. The W on Lexington in NYC has long been our favorite hotel, but Sofitel LA has replaced it. Staff was friendly and courteous. Bed was extremely comfortable; rooms tastefully decorated; bathroom layout and decor were outstanding; and best of all the shower had amazing water pressure. Plus, walking distance to great shopping. Only thing missing was coffee maker in room, but there's a coffee shop on the street corner. Will definitely stay at Sofitel when Los Angeles.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2010

My hubby and I visidted Sofitel L.A from Australia Sydney, we loved and enjoyed our time, it was absoutely amazing,the restaurant was delicious,hygiene great, the only thing is house keeping should leave more then one toilet roll, location perfect for shopping, Hollywood Blvrd, Rodeo Drive,Hollywood Hills,farmers market,beverly centre,City walk, and universal studios...
Staff were great, we had a problem with one of the staff, and the manager rectified the problem straight away, which was great service, he took charge of the situation..

Would definately stay there again!!!

1 Thank DHM202
Syndney
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Always enjoy this hotel staff ghreat easy check in great locaiton

Beds very nice

Will be back

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Melbourne
Reviewed 21 July 2010

This is a great hotel although I am a little biased as the rest of my trip around the US I was staying in 3 star hotels. However the hotel lived up to my expectations of a 4.5 star hotel.

The room was nice and spacious, it was a nice novelty seeing the hollywood sign from my bedroom! The tv was nice and large and the bed was so so comfortable. I liked how each evening they would re-stock the complimentary evian water and re-make your bed if used since the cleaners came to the room during the day. The bathroom was also spacious. The shower had great water pressure and I LOVED the L'Occitane bath products!!! This is what won me over! Great choice Sofitel!

I went to the restaurant twice during my 4 night stay and I thought it was fantastic. The food was amazing. I thought it was reasonably priced considering it was attached to a hotel. The cocktails ordered were also excellent.

I thought long and hard about the location of this hotel when booking as I did not have a car. Although it's not in the most picturesque street like some other hotels, it was very conveniently located. I was there to shop and I walked to Robertson Blvd, Rodeo Drive, The Grove and Farmers Market and Melrose. It was a really safe area for a single female to walk around.

The outdoor pool, whilst small and had intermittent bar service, was very nice.

The only downside was that there was no free wifi. I think when you are paying these kind of prices, wifi should be included. For $9.95 I was happy to walk to the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf for free wifi.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Central L.A
Elan Hotel
Elan Hotel
#5 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!