“Great place to stay”

Ranked #126 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Mahwah, New Jersey
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The hotel's well-appointed suites, outdoor pool and spa are just a few of the perks guests can experience when they choose this property in Chatsworth as their accommodations. The Social on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings lets guests mingle while enjoying delicious hors d'oeuvres,Bar B Q, wine and beer.
The only negative we had was that the linens weren't changed as promised and the bed not made several days. Other than that, the kitchen was more than adiequate and fully stocked with dishes, coffee pots, pots and pans as well as silverware. A dishwasher is available, but we didn't use it.
There are food stores near by to stock your frig!! Try this place, you'll like it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dallas
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My family and I had a wonderful extended stay at the Staybridge Suites in Chatsworth, which is staffed with wonderful people who answered all 1000 of my questions with patience and professionalism.

The hotel was recently renovated and the updates they have made are fabulous. We got a beautiful 1 bedroom suite with a full kitchen, sofa bed, separate bedroom, large closet, and bathroom at an outstanding value. I roomed with my 2 teenage boys and worried about the space, but that was not an issue whatsoever. We were able to spread out comfortably. After a long day, I loved coming ‘home’ to my beautiful suite where I could shut my bedroom door and watch TV on my very own large flat screen TV. After a good night’s sleep in our comfortable beds, we were treated to a complimentary full breakfast, which was much more than I expected. It was the perfect way to start the day. They also have a laundry room with plenty of complimentary washers and dryers.

The hotel is conveniently located to everything you want to see in Los Angeles. If you’re considering Staybridge Chatsworth, don’t look any further. You won’t be disappointed.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AngDallas
Tumwater, Washington
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This location was great, rooms were great, breakfast was great, gym was awesome, pretty much everything about the hotel was great. Yet the front desk agent took 25 minutes to check me in, and also had 2 guests waiting to be helped, and a caller on hold. She couldn't multi-task for anything. I myself am a Front desk agent for a hotel, and never in my 2 years in the industry has it taken me 25 minutes to do such a simple task.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer E, Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Chatsworth, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are very sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your check-in. Kindly know that we are working to upgrade our computer systems to make the check-in process as smooth as possible for our guests. With that said, a wait time like you describe is certainly not up to our usual high standards and we regret any inconvenience this caused you. Please know that we do take your comments seriously and we have reviewed this case with our Front Desk staff and supervisor. It is only with feedback from our valued guests that we can continually work to improve our services.

Aside from this issue it sounds like the remainder of your stay was a pleasant one and we hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the near future to show you our usual standard of service. Thank you again for your comments.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Just stayed here Labor day weekend 2013.. overall the place is decent. Nothing looks run down. It's kept nice and clean. I have three gripes.. 1) they sign out front needs updating and so does the exterior of all the buildings. 2) the wireless internet was not working properly or either very very slow. 3)when the hotel is full or busy the parking space is very limited so you may have to park on the street. The rooms are very comfortable and nicely kept. And breakfast was also pretty decent. The hotel is pretty convenient to major roads and it sits right next to a major chain taco restaurant with other places very close by. You would not be disappointed with your stay here, but you also would not feel like you were at a top of the line hotel either. As for the staff, I found them to be very helpful and polite. I rated this place 3-star because of the 3 negatives I mentioned which certainly are not major but it would increase the hotel rating if those things were corrected/changed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chatsworth, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear ksmoo,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our property. It is always our goal to provide convenient and world class service to our guest. We apologize we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay. Please be assured that these will be looked into and that your comments will be used to monitor future improvements needed.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

The first thing one must know about this property is that it was not built as a Staybridge originally. Rather than one big building full of rooms as most purpose-built SS hotels this one has multiple buildings of three floors each. This yields a somewhat apartmenty feel which is quite nice to have for some trips.

The room itself was obviously re-done and seemed more upscale than I would have expected from this hotel chain. Most impressive to me was the bathtub/shower that seems to have been redone with genuine tile including some elegant accenting. Along with the shower area you'll find the toilet and then a large vanity on the other side of the door. The vanity is clearly in the bedroom area which is great for a couple needing to get ready for a day out.

The closet is quite large as well and could easily keep a couple in clothes for quite a few months. We found the bed to be quite comfortable and enjoyed the door separating the living area from the bedroom. Noise was usually quite minimal and we found ourselves getting quality sleep each night.

We also took advantage of the breakfast each morning that seemed well stocked with average hotel breakfast foods being available. I did partake of one evening meal that harkened back to my schooldays. Not sure I'd plan to eat the evening meal (available Tu-Th) again but it served a purpose.

Aside from the well redone rooms and homelike rooms I have to say the property has some of the best staff I've encountered. Everyone I spoke with was extremely friendly and caring. Having stayed at some very upscale hotels it's always amazing to me how much nicer staff can be at hotels of this nature.

We had originally planned to stay at the Extended Stay America nearby but after visiting a restaurant near that hotel we were so happy to have chosen the Staybridge Suites. The location of the SS is secluded and quiet most evenings whereas the Extended Stay faces a pretty major street with a bunch of retail and traffic.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay and even declined the light touch housekeeping as we felt we were in an apartment. The hotel does provide soap and shampoo and will make your bed and refresh towels on weekdays. We did have housekeeping trade out our towels a couple of times which was easy to do.

We'll be headed back to the area in January and will most likely stay at this property again provided the cost is still agreeable.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The rooms are big and I love the kitchenette. The beds are good with plenty of pillows & soft. The television is good and the locations seems like a good place.. However.. The stairs were very noisy when kids would go up and down. The rooms were a little noisy and we could hear the neighbors above and next to us. The breakfast area was messy and chaotic. Probably from the many families that stayed there. The worst thing about the hotel was the people that hung out in the parking lots. I continually watched my vehicle out the window as some of the people I saw there were a little suspect. I've read many of the reviews regarding the management but didn't have any troubles with them. They were great from checkin to checkout.

Room Tip: Stay away from stairways, avoid the lower floors if possible, and stay towards the front of the hote...