“Stayed there again and had the same experience”

Staybridge Suites Chatsworth
Ranked #129 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Atlanta, Georgia
“Stayed there again and had the same experience”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We have stayed at this hotel again since my last review and I must say the experience was about the same. The service is absolutely great, the rooms have a residential feel and the price is right.

If you need a "home base" while visiting the area and aren't concerned about luxury, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: I would suggest trying to pre-book an upper floor room as the structure is wooden. If you do wind u...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer E, Manager at Staybridge Suites Chatsworth, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hi griff72,

We are happy to hear that you once again enjoyed your stay with us! We certainly appreciate your nice comments regarding our staff and I will share this information with them. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future. Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

This Hotel is fantastic. The staff was very accommodating, and the service was excellent. It was my home away from home for nearly 2 months. I met a lot of great people during my stay and would without a doubt stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hi TJBoston,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel and staff. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share and are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area! Thanks again!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The location was great for visiting Universal Studios and Magic Mountain. Nice place for a couple with kids, big rooms and great included breakfast. Also a manager's reception 3 nights a week. The staff is pleasant and helpful.

I only had a few complaints, not enough parking for the property. We were coming back from parks sometimes later in the evening and had a hard time finding parking. Sometimes only finding one spot available. Cleaning is set up unlike any hotel I've ever visited. During the week it's called "light cleaning" on the weekends I guess there is no cleaning, which was weird to me. We asked for extra towels every day as there were 4 of us in the room and only 3 towels. As previous reviews have stated the beds aren't the most comfortable. Also there is a nice kitchen but no stove, which was very bizarre. We didn't notice that and brought pizzas back to the room to cook for dinner which we weren't able to do so had to order pizza and leave the pizzas we purchased in the fridge, sadly a waste of money.

But the area was nice with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby and friendly, courteous staff. I'd definitely recommend it for families. Check out Stone Fire for dinner - wonderful!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TrishaTim
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks in March and it was excellent.
The staff was very helpful and room was clean and tidy.
The breakfast is decent and there is a free shuttle to nearby malls for my wife when I am on business.
There is guest nights during Tuesday-Thursday evening and I like the serenity in the evenings.
Definitely will come back here again on my next trip to LA.
Special mention to the front desk staff, Ria for her hospitality and making my wife and I felt at home.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer E, Manager at Staybridge Suites Chatsworth, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hi Mskyline, Thank you very much for your review and your nice comments about our staff! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel amenities. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back next time you are in the area!

Thank you again.

Jennifer E - Operations Manager
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I booked Staybridge suites accidentally through Priceline through the "Express Deal". I thought that by booking through a deal I was going to get to choose my hotel, little did I know the feature worked just like the blind bidding and my card was charged for 2 nights at the Staybridge Suites. I had never heard of them and they were a little farther away than we wanted to be. We got a decent rate.

We checked in about 10pm tired from a day of travel and found the place to be much nicer than we thought. The area is questionable and we were glad the parking lot was lit well and we could see our vehicle from our room. They had nice black out curtains that made the room very dark for sleeping.

The room was gorgeous, very nicely appointed with furnishings and a very good kitchenette. We didn't need all this space but it was nice. Our schedule was booked so this was just a place for a good night's rest for 2 nights. There were plenty of pillows and space, it really is a lovely hotel.

Sadly, the comfort level of the mattress was so poor that my sleep was terrible. My shoulders hurt from how hard the mattress was. At one point I contemplated just going out to lay on the couch but I knew that would not offer comfort either. I tossed from one side to the other all night long and woke feeling exhausted and sore. Honestly, it was so bad that we decided to take all of our belongings with us for the day thinking we might look for another hotel. We did end up making other arrangements. What a waste, we booked through Priceline so there was no canceling one night of the stay.

It's sad to say... this place has so much going for it but if you can't sleep then what's the point. Really, they offer a really nice kitchen, modern and updated, nice bathroom, walk in closet, nice sitting area, black out curtains, really everything to make this a great place for an extended trip to the area.... but, if you can't sleep there then I'm not sure the point of spending all that $ on making everything else beautiful. Put some $ into the mattresses.

I was very very disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer E, Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Chatsworth, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Hi jillyaz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not comfortable. When we completed our renovation last year we installed brand new furnishings in all rooms including new mattresses. We even have people asking where they can buy them! However, we certainly understand that everyone has different preferences when it comes to the firmness of the mattresses and again we are truly sorry that you were not comfortable. It is only with our guests feedback, both positive and negative, that we can work to improve our services. We also appreciate your kind comments about the style and layout of the rooms. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Jennifer - Office Manager
Reviewed 31 January 2014

# cx154014361

I have been a regular customer once a month for Four years. Accidentally forgot my credit card 150 miles away at home and they refused my reservation even though I offered a $2000 cash deposit and they acknowledged me as a regular guest who's NEVER left a damaged room. Customer Service policy needs changing and I'll NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Debbie D
Jennifer E, Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Chatsworth, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Debbie D,

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns. It is correct that hotel policy requires a valid credit card in the registered guest’s name. Additionally we do also require a valid government issued ID at the time of check-in. I understand in this situation these requirements were not able to be met and I certainly do apologize that we were not able to accommodate you in this case. Please know that we do have the security of our guests and hotel in mind when abiding by these policies. With that said, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as these comments help us to continually review our services and make any appropriate changes when needed. Thank you again.

Jennifer
Office Manager
CA
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We had to stay in this area for one night for kid's sporting event, booked this hotel last minute through hotwire and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel rooms are spacious and clean with full kitchen and refrigerator. The staffs were friendly. The free breakfast was pretty good with hot selections. Very pleased with the hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family