“Still love it!”

Ranked #92 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Kenosha, WI
“Still love it!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was the final stop on our trip out west! We were actually going to stay elsewhere as there is no pool here, but wound up booking because we loved it so much 4 years ago! Arrived at 12:15 and were able to check in promptly. Our room was ready and just to the left of the office. We did request a non smoking room, but got a smoking room which at times the air did stink of musty stale air (and sometimes urine YUCK!) but we weren't I the room more than just to sleep. We noticed the bathroom did face the parking lot....not a good thing for 2 women! When the lights were on, you could see the shadows and at night, the lights not only illuminate you, the parking lot lights illuminate whoever is outside your window!!! At night, we kept an extra pillow in the window so we couldn't see out and others couldn't see in (the frosting on the window is very light!) the bathroom door did stay closed at night as the parking lot lights were very bright! Our upstairs neighbor for the first 3 nights (we stayed 4 total) was VERY noisy! Fell out of bed (we assume) knocked chairs over and the cherry on top.....had sex at 5:30 in the morning! If you are a noisy person, do your neighbors a favor, request a first floor room! Needless to say, we had a lot of early morning starts! The tourist attractions (Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier, Hollywood walk of fame) are 45 mins to an hour drive away if you take back streets (which aren't bad) and 30 to 45 mins if you take the Freeway, keep in mind, it's LA, when is the traffic ever really light? Redondo Beach is close, but not as interesting as Venice or Santa Monica! Hopefully they get curtains on the bathroom windows for the rooms that face the parking lot and maybe a full length mirror.....our room did not have one and it was difficult to see how outfits looked for the day (it's LA, need to be presentable lol). He has very good coffee in the morning! And for breakfast, I suggest the little donut shop down the street! We will return, hopefully sooner than 4 years! Almost forgot, Patel wasn't around to check us out (I'm assuming) his wife is the one who answered the doorbell ("What you need?") took our key but didn't give us a receipt. Hopefully I can get a copy from the Choice Hotels website because I needed one for my records.

Room Tip: If your noisy, ask for first floor. If you are able to climb flights of stairs and are a quiet neigh...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank SwannysWB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 16 June 2014

You never know what quality of hotel you are in for when it's a reasonably priced priced room. I made this reservation over the phone because they said they'd provide a crib (pack n play) for our baby when all the other hotels I had called didn't have one. And I warned my husband that even though online reviews were good, I shouldn't be blamed if it wasn't a great place to stay. But it was awesome! The manager was very kind, provided a pack n play for our use (which was already set up in the room when we got there). The room had a fridge and microwave, newly updated bathroom, nice decor, and was clean. A very nice end to a long day at the beach. We definitely would have stayed longer if we didn't have a flight out the next morning.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank kristen h
San Jose, California
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My friend Smith and I stayed here for 2 nights. Room was very clean and being even though we were near PCH , it was very quiet. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Near San Pedro, and Harbor area to finish my business needs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Marthasville, Missouri
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Being unfamiliar with the Los Angeles area, we were unsure where to stay as a base for our explorations. We stumbled upon this hotel, and it turned out to be perfect for our needs. It is 5 miles from the Redondo Beach area and approximately a 30 minute drive from the Hollywood tourist area (Grauman's Chinese Theater, Hollywood Bowl, etc.). The drive wasn't a problem at all. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and very reasonably priced compared to the much more expensive hotels located nearer to the touristy areas. The gentleman at the desk was so very helpful and efficient. We truly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank J K
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I must admit, I did not have very high expectations because it was so cheap but after reading so many satisfied reviews, I went for it. I'm glad I did. The staff was great. Very kind & very helpful. room was clean & fully functional. Only down side was that my window faced the back of a building, but I preferred that much more than facing the walkway. Bed was really comfortable. I wasn't in the room much, just to sleep but I felt very comfortable and safe. LOVED that it had a nice size fridge and microwave too. Overall my stay was great and I would without a doubt recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mz R
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Checked in Friday, May 23rd, for 2 nights. Glad I booked ahead of time being it was Memorial Day Weekend. The motel had the no vacancy sign displayed both nights. Patel checked me in and already had my room key ready for me. When I got to the room, I couldn't believe how remarkably CLEAN the room was. Looked like brand new tiles on the bathroom floor, in the shower, and the sink looked brand new. I'm told it's been this way for years from another guest from Nevada who had been there several times. Walls were painted nicely, air conditioner worked well for the little time I needed it during the day. When the digital cable box went out Saturday morning, Patel was at my room in a flash, and he knew what was wrong, and reset it. Later that evening, when I used the table lamp the first time, it was missing the knob on the switch and Patel raced to my room again to put in a new one; it worked fine after that. I have to say Patel was the friendliest, most courteous, and professional motel attendant I've EVER met. I told him how appreciative I was of him. He was very humble, and told me he does this because we are HIS guests, and he's here for US; he had no problem stating the we are the reason he has a successful business, and he wants to make sure we have the best stay possible. He truly cares about his guests, as he showed me. The price is perfect for this place for anybody who stays here, and I recommend ANYBODY who reads this to think about staying here. I got an excellent rate for military, and he took the time at check in to shake my hand and tell me thanks for my service. He said he's very supportive of the military, and he gives military the bast rate possible as his way of saying thanks to us. I will not share the rate, as it's privileged information to us only. Can't say enough good things about how Patel and his whole family go the extra mile, and they'll do the same for you. Everyone staying in the LA, Long Beach area, please look this place up if you want a truly great room at an amazing price. It is without a doubt, a Diamond in the Rough. You can find it on the Choice Hotels website as well.

Room Tip: Did not rate pool or fitness center, as there are neither at this one. I stayed on the 2nd floor, an...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank HighlanderLJ
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel as a base for our trip around Los Angeles, Disneyland and Universal Studios. The hotel is a fair drive away from all these places but it was good value for money.
We originally booked a Queen room but luckily got an upgrade on arrival to a Suite. The room is clean and comfortable.
We're happy to have stayed there and would recommend it.
On another note, breakfast is not offered in the hotel. I think another reviewer mentioned breakfast being included. This is not the case. There is fresh coffee in the lobby in the morning for guests.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple