Hollywood Hotel
US$334
US$325
US$273
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$239
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$398
  • Breakfast included
US$335
US$309
  • Pool
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$297
  • Beachfront
US$592
US$452
  • Pool
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$695
US$565
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$469
US$411
  • Beachfront
2,693 results
All reviewsvermont santa monicaomelettes and waffleslos felizrite aidmetro stationfree breakfastuniversal studiosbreakfast staffgriffith parkfridge and microwaveyogurtbeverly hillshugohollywoodsaunamaidsfame
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Arrived at the hollywood hotel later in the day but called to make sure that was not a problem. The Lady I spoke to was very helpful and assuring that our room would be waiting. We booked on line and requested a king size bed, facing the beautiful inner courtyard above the first floor. We were very happy to get exactly what we asked for & more a corner room!
The room was very nice, large, clean, balcony(balcony shared with next door occupant not private) with great view of the courtyard, all the cosmetics (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soaps, mouthwash) supplied were quality, from Italy.
The closet space was large and the bathroom nice size.
We stayed five days at the hotel however we spoke to the front desk regarding possible shorter or longer depending on how our grandsons heart surgery went and his recovery after. The Hollywood Hotel Staff were very undrestanding, sympathetic, concerned and worked with us on the length of stay saying "just let us know what you need". Every time I came to the front desk I was asked how our grandson was doing. This caring from the staff was quite warming.
We spent alot of time in the hospital but also the remainder of the time was spent in the Hotel, resting, watching TV or on the Ipad, no problem connecting speed good.
Parking is expensive anywhere in LA, we used the parking for a few days but mainly car stayed at CHLA parking as we were there most of the time.
Location is with in four blocks of CHLA, so this was a great location for us to stay. We walked most of the time to the hospital, to restraunts & Ronald McDonald House, where family was staying.
We will stay here again & recommend family and friends to stay at The Hollywood Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room above first floor, quite rooms face the innercourtyard.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Cherie62

We stayed at this place for 3 nights and it was awesome
Happy with the stay
Positives
Clean beds and essential amenities
Close to transport line
Free breakfast and wifi

Negative
Unfriendly breakfast chef who cooks your eggs and you only get one!!
Parking expensive

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cynthia C
Reviewed 29 September 2012

This hotel has the makings of a really great hotel!
However, despite meeting rooms that are named after movie stars, a lovely fountain in the back entrance, nice wide hallways and renovated rooms, this hotel falls short.

I arrived at this hotel very excited because many movie stars have stayed at this hotel in its long history. The hotel still has that feeling of past grandeur, but it needs some money and time spent on it to bring it up to snuff. It also needs a better cleaning staff.

We arrived to our room. Smaller than anticipated, but bright, updated. No bathtub, but we were prepared to live with that until I started to notice hair on the tile floors. It was long, dark, curly hair and it was all over. I called the front desk and complained and was told that housekeeping would clean it well in the morning. I thought that was inadequate, but was tired. So I got into bed... that's when I noticed that the long, curly hair was also in the bed. I called the front desk and was told someone would come to change the bed. No one showed up for 1/2 an hour. My husband went down to the front desk and was ignored until he asked loudly when someone would be coming to our room to deal with the hair in the bed. Then they sent the maintenance man.

It took almost two hours for the maintenance man to find enough sheets and pillow cases to change my bed. They had no duvet covers available, so we had to do without one for the night. Needless to say that I did not sleep well after all of that.

The manager, Roman, did his best to turn the situation around the next day but upgrading our room to a bigger room with a bathtub. We appreciated that and had no more problems with hair in our room. Roman also did not charge us two nights parking, which was appreciated. However, hot water was an issue.

I had several tepid showers while staying at the Hollywood Hotel. We had a bathtub but not enough hot water to take a bath. In addition, although the hotel had a pool and sauna, the sauna was a two person sauna which needed to be reserved. You could only reserve it for a half hour, even though it was kept off and took almost a half hour to heat up. The pool was cold.

One little note about hotel cleanliness: a dog was on the premises during our stay. This very sweet dog was a 'service' dog - but not really. He was in show business. Anyway, I'm sure he crapped on the floor right around the corner from the dining room where breakfast was served. My husband and I discovered this rather stomach-turning "accident" and reported it to the front desk. The next morning, our last, we noticed that though the feces had been removed from the tile floor, the smears were still very much in evidence. Again, not the most energetic or interested housekeeping staff. We did not bother to mention this one to the front desk.

Front desk staff were not the most responsive. I have stayed in many hotels over the years, both for pleasure and business, and have not met staff quite so unhelpful.

In all, our stay at The Hollywood Hotel - much anticipated by me - was a disappointment. It is too bad because this hotel has the fundamentals of a really nice hotel. The price is very good, but they could charge so much more if they spent some money upgrading and restoring this hotel to its former beauty and lushness. And put in a pool heater and a hot tub. And totally changed up their housekeeping staff and most of the front desk staff....

Room Tip: Check your rooms for cleanliness, especially your beds. If you have a problem the manager, Roman, is a reasonable individual who really makes an effort to fix things as best he can. He appeared a bit beleaguered to me - I think he gets a lot of complaints. Roman, however, was the one truly positive influence in this hotel stay.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2012

When we first arrived at the hotel we were kind of nervous. We walked into an existing argument between a hotel patron and staff. It got really heated. However we were helped in a professional and friendly manner. The parking was well lit and had ample space. The area where the hotel is situated was safe and in a decent area. We did not encounter any problems whatsoever. The hotel was very close to all the areas we wanted to visit like Beverly Hills, Venice Beach, Santa Monica Beach, Walk of fame etc. So we loved the location. The hotel amenities were great like free ice, sauna, pool, Excellent free breakfast and spectacular views of the city on the balcony's. We stayed on the 3rd floor so it was really quiet. In fact we did not notice any noise throughout the entire hotel during our visit. The reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was that the rooms were kind of small. Beds were very comfortable just like the reviews stated. I have low back issues and slept very good! We had 2 queen beds but the room could of been larger. The bathrooms were small and it had small closet space for clothes. The WIFI connection was extremely slow. I did not bring my laptop and used the hotels which limits to 15 minutes per guest so I had to hustle to get what I needed done with slow connection. Overall the staff was great except for the (hispanic guy I believe that was his race) cleaning the tables in the restaurant area he was kind of short and rude with us whenever we asked him a question. Overall we did have a good experience and would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: If you can afford it get the suite which is bigger and the TV is in a separate room in case one party wants to sleep while the other watch tv.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ma S
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Arrived from Australia 4 hours before check-in time and that was no problem! The staff at the front desk were really nice throughout my 4 night stay. I had ants in my room which I discovered at 10:30 at night, the lady at the front desk organized for someone to come sort it out straight away which was good. They also happily changed my notes for coins to use the washing machine and dryer. The bed was super comfy and big! There is not a great deal of things in the area but the bus and red line are close by which you can take to Hollywood, Universal Studios or to the beach. I would definitely stay there again if I was traveling with others but it's probably not the most convenient place when you're getting around on your own.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo