“I've been before and will return”
Review of Hollywood Hotel

Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #67 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We've stayed here six times. It's a nice, clean hotel. Be sure to request an interior room and definitely one away from Vermont. I travel with a service animal and it's never an issue. It's close to public transportation as well as the 101. Most attractions are easily accessible. We go to visit family and find this is a good, central location. I read other reviews that mention bugs and toilet troubles; we've never experienced any of this! Sometimes the front desk crew isn't the friendliest, but I've learned how to deal with that!

Room Tip: First floor are the best as are interior rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank BarbA24
There are newer reviews for Hollywood Hotel

Reviewed 8 April 2013

As an international traveller, we got the stay 5 nights save 50%. It was a great deal. The hot breakfast included was very good and the rooms were very acceptable - large comfy beds, soft towels and large room with a view of downtown LA. Pool and outside sitting area are very nice. A couple of the bus tour companies pick up here making it super convenient as well the subway is cheap and on the corner. Up the road are some good restaurants and a Payless shoe store around the corner in case of emergencies. The small gift shop had great deals on nice tshirts - 2 for $10 and the quality was very good. Would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank JABO31
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Hotel is nice. Not sold on the location though. Arrived early (approx. 3 hrs before check-in) after flying all the way from Perth, Australia. Woman at the check-in desk, wasn't too friendly or helpful. No rooms available early so left our bags there for a few hrs. Breakfast included, ok breakfast in nice environment. Good sized room. Close to metro. Perhaps next time I wont stay in Hollywood though. Burbank etc is nicer

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Shabby, rundown and dirty. Floor of room was filthy, and couldn't get management to vacuum it. Renovations underway, but they should close the place until completed. Staff tries, but not much to work with. Tried to use the stairs to bypass the ridiculously slow elevators, and found an exit door from the stairwell locked! More a youth hostel than a hotel. If you only have $150 per night, it may do. But we upgraded to the luxury of the Omni for $40/night more.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before checking in.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Edward M
hollywoodhotel, General Manager at Hollywood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Dear Pyramus_13

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We value your business and we know you had many hotels to choose from. You have covered all aspects of your stay and we are particularly appreciative of your comments that you liked our location, sleep quality of our beds, and the overall good value you received... yet you gave us the lowest score one could possible give.... and yes ... it hurts.

Yes, we are not a 5 Star hotel but a small independently owned family run hotel which is usually to our guests benefit as we are able to respond more quickly to guests needs. We are not a youth hostel. We are a Hollywood Classic and have been around a long time. It is important for Tripadvisor readers to have a pretty good idea of what to expect when they are evaluating hotels in the Hollywood area. We are a small hotel with an inner courtyard. Most of our rooms have a balcony and all rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, hairdryer, flat screen TV and soon all channels will be 100% HD, Sealy Posturepedic Beds with a pillow top mattress for extra comfort. All beds have 300 thread count snow white bed linens with a Duvet comforter. Linens are changed and washed daily. We serve a complimentary hot buffet breakfast with cooked to order omelettes in our restaurant from 6:30am - 10:30am. Families love us and kids stay and eat free too!

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience for the condition of our wood floors. Our housekeepers mop them daily as vacuums are really designed for carpets not wood floors! The hotel has 4 emergency staircases which are not locked when exiting the property. The hotel is not under renovation, however we do make routine maintenance repairs daily to keep the hotel in tip top shape and in good working order. The hotel has 3 hydraulic elevators which travel 4 floors max in less than 30 seconds.... pretty quick. We have taken note of your positive and negative comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

If you have any additional questions, ease do not hesitate to contact me at jeff@hollywoodhotel.net and we look forward to serve you again in the future.

Vaya con Dios,

Jeff Zarrinnam, CHA
Hotel Director
Hollywood Hotel

Reviewed 30 March 2013

This was the perfect hotel for our trip to LA, a good price, clean, nice staff, lovely rooms and the reception staff were great,so pleasing and a great guy, Davon was wonderfull!!
room and bathroom are clean, not to far to hollywood. The building was very attractive, Just outside of the Hotel down to the left is a great Teriaki Takeaway food shop.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank billyjeangoz
Reviewed 30 March 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here the last week of March for four days. We mainly picked this place because we got a great deal on Orbitz for around $100/night. The rooms were clean. The location was ok. Even though the hotel's parking gate and security made me feel safe it's still not an area I'd want to walk around late at night. It is close to the red line metro to get to downtown LA, Universal and Koreatown easily and to avoid traffic. However, you should still rent a car. We drove to Santa Monica and Venice Beach. Parking is $22/night including tax. The best part was the complimentary breakfast. The made-to-order omelettes and waffles were fantastic! I'd recommend if you find a similar deal.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank NYCAU
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I booked this as my final leg of the Adventure, I finally got to see USA.

The hotel is about an hours walk from the Chinese Theater I should know as I walked there and back. It was okay walking there in the middle of the afternoon but I would not recommend walking back if you are doing it after 5pm as I'm not frightened of anything but some of the people (beggars etc) that seem to come out after that time can be pushy.

The hotel was a great base if you want to use the tube to go to either Hollywood or Universal Studios, I did this a few times when I was there and never felt threatened.

The hotel itself offers a breakfast and fitness facility but I never felt the need to use the latter.

Just outside of the Hotel down to the left is a great Teriaki Takeaway food shop. I wish I found it earlier I might have used it more.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the courtyard
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo