“Holidays in L.A. enjoying the Hollywood Hotel”
Review of Hollywood Hotel

Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #50 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Hollywood Hotel offers good service, comfort, security and a decent breakfast included. Clean, airy and with good location met our expectations. Reasonable rates, friendly service and location close to sights.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise and best view of neighborhood.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jose_Costa97
Write a ReviewReviews (2,651)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

When I booked this trip, I thought the hotel was close to many tourist attractions. However it was quite out-of-the-way, and you needed a minimum of 30 min by public transit it get to main activities in Hollywood, etc. The Metro was very close (subway, buses) which helped, and getting a day or week pass was economical for the Metro.
The hotel is out-dated but clean and the staff helpful. The breakfast was filling. We did not use the pool, fitness room or convenience store but it was nice to have them. Our room was small with no closet which took some adjustment. Complimentary Wifi was available in the room, which was great. The room was cleaned each day. I appreciated how the front desk staff printed out directions to local attractions, including bus times.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the court yard and was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Teacher_9
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Cecile Eugenio helped me like no other.
I made a mistake by booking for the incorrect person and was told I was not able to change name and would have to cancel my reservation. Thanks to her amazing help I was able to change name on my reservation and my company had no lose. I love this hotel thanks to her!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Wendii U
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The staff at this hotel were amazing from the beginning, amazing breakfast, where again the staff were wonderful! We will definitely be back. A great base for exploring hollywood and would definitely recommend using the metro to get to places such as hollywood boulevard and universal studios is a must! We saved so much money using the metro, it costs $1.50 per journey per person or $5 for a day pass. Lovely modern spacious rooms, overall a great stay! The metro is a minutes walk away, you can see it from the hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jessica030911
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I arrived here after a full day of travel all the way from Scandinavia.
The hotel staff has been very friendly and helpful all the way.
I especially enjoyed starting every day with eggs and waffles cooked just they way you'd like it.
I recommend the chef Hugo who were really nice meeting my omelette-filling needs.
The location of the hotel is somewhat between downtown and Hollywood, but a bit far away from LAX if you travel by plane.
I recommend calling the hotel ahead to arrange for a shuttle to pick you up/drive you to the airport compared to taxi.
The hotel has a nice yard in the center of the estate with sofas and chairs, also in the back they have a pool complete with sun-beds.
The housekeepers did an excellent job every day and works efficiently.
Wi-fi works well, except for in the breakfast area.

Overall a really nice stay, the only thing that irritates me was the extremely slow-moving elevator.
If I ever go back to LA, I'd be sure to check availability of Hollywood hotel.'

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gunnar K
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Perfect hotel. Right between down town LA and Hollywood.
Great breakfast which they serve until 10:30.

Nice rooms that serves all needs.

The pool out back is also nice if you need to cool down.

Make sure you say hi to Gisel Hernandez in the reception. Very service minded and professional.

Room Tip: Get a room facing out.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Eirik F
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Sorry to tell you this but I would like to recommend to avoid this hotel if you are planning to make a reservation here. I left a long review after my stay but the system erased it and I am not feeling like to write again. It's your money and your time. I gently suggest if I were you, to avoid this hotel. The breakfast is great! Don't get me wrong. Hotel is nice and clean. Felt safe and secure during the stay but the staff including the duty manager was very unprofessional and even rude. You will enjoy this hotel if you don't have to deal with them. Again, I recommend the breakfast though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moontaker
Gisel M, Front Office Manager at Hollywood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear guest...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unsatisfactory experience you had while staying with us. We strive to provide each guest with the best possible customer service and I am truly sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. We will certainly share your comments with our team in an effort to continuously improve our performance.

Gisel Miller