“A Really Nice Surprise!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Hollywood Hotel

Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #55 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta
Reviewed 19 April 2005

I must start by saying that a four point review, such as this, means "Above average". Anyway, that being said; this hotel was surprisingly lovely!! I only say "surprisingly" because after we booked the hotel, I was still looking around, and found some really bad reviews of this Hotel. Nevertheless, we were attending the GRAMMY'S and time was running out.

We stayed there from the 10th of Feb thru the 15th, and the accommodations,especially for the price, were just fantastic! We had a mini-fridge and microwave, and may I add, a very nice clean room. The hotel staff were all very pleasant as well.

After reading some reviews, I was a bit scared. Thankfully, it was more of a dream stay, than a nightmare!

BOTTOM LINE: If you are going to a hotel in C.A., (which is literally next to just about every tourist attraction in Hollywood and L.A.), to just stay in the room, please pick another hotel. However, if you're looking for a great hotel at an awesome price, this is the one!

If anyone's interested; Sad to say, no GRAMMY"S were won, but, we did win at the Ramada Inn-Hollywoood!!!

Hope this review helps!

• Stayed: February 2005, travelled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Essex, UK
Reviewed 17 April 2005

I was a bit nervous about staying at this hotel due to the bad reviews on here, but I was pleasently surprised. I will agree that it's not the nicest neighbourhood for a hotel to be situated in, but in no way is it dangerous. Me and my friend walked every night to the Wendy's, which is only a five minute walk away, and the only thing we encountered was alot of homeless people asking for change.

We found the staff to be very helpful, even sometimes going out of there way to help. Just before our trip to Six Flags, a woman behind reception spent the best part of 30 minutes trying to find ways to save us money on the admission fee, and she did. She went onto Six Flags' website and found out about an offer Burger King were running which saved us around $30 on the entrance fee.

The hotel is in a great location, near to Universal Studios, Hollywood Boulevard and the Staples Center. As I mentioned before there is a Wendy's restaurent a five minute walk away and also a Rite Aid for picking up snacks and drinks for your room.

The only slight problem we had was our keycards decided not to work, and we had to have reception re-encode almost daily.

Apart from that small problem, we had a great time and I'd recommend it to most people.

• Stayed: April 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Marseille , France
Reviewed 15 March 2005

We stayed there 4 nights after having prepaid with Expedia for 5 nights. When we arrived at the hotel the receptionnist told us that it was all sold out.
So, he sent us to another place, a Best Western Hotel, where we had to pay another 150$ plus taxi and breakfast.

The next day, we went back to the Ramada where finally we could have a room for the rest of the stay. But the guy in charge, the front desk "manager" was unfair and rude, he said that he would for sure compensate for nothing. We are now trying to have Expedia sending us the money back.The rest of the staff, especially at breakfast, are extremely friendly and helpful, but management should learn some good customer service skills.

• Stayed: February 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2005

My friend and I stayed between Feb 22-27. The staff were friendly and accomadating, the breakfast was more than contentinal. It is close to a metro stop and the staff know the town fairly well. Overall it was exactly what you would expect from a name brand hotel.

• Stayed: February 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 March 2005

Wow, not sure how it got a bad wrap. I had prepaid for the room before reading the comments, so I was a little scared before going on my trip. I was very pleasantly surprised, it was beautiful. The lobby was like a 5 star hotel. My room was lovely and included a free breakfast, I think I got a very good deal on the room.

4  Thank ChefGT