“Convenient and classy stay in Hollywood”

Best Western Plus Hollywood Hills Hotel
Ranked #43 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This hotel was fun experience; I liked the hints of the decade when the hotel was built in (if you like 50s style, check the cafe 101 adjacent to the hotel!). And if you stay in Hollywood, there should be movie star memorabilia around - here you wont be disappointed:)

The room was good-size and clean. The beds were nicely done. The desk area was lacking a bit of style, but then again I liked the decorative dog pillow in the lazy boy as I missed dearly own pooch left at home. Two sinks at the bathroom was a plus. A special highlight was the view to the Hollywood sign - which was actually the best view to the sign we had during the trip!

The staff was friendly; I was suprised being called by my name at the check-out (one of the two receptionists was checking us out and the other with whom we had had a talk on day before, remembered my name)! Would definetly this hotel again.

1  Thank Maija H

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

The properties proximity to Hollywood blvd is real great for the price. The hotel is decorated with vintage Hollywood actor photos, and has a real comfortable atmosphere to it. The staff was nice and helpful. The attached restaurant has good food and is open until 3am. The shower had dual heads and was clean. The pool was very clean and inviting. I had a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is our second visit to this establishment the previous being made about 10 years ago. We were delighted to find that the ambiance and ethic of the staff remains undaunted. Some refurbishment work has been undertaken, which has enhanced the experience.

We chose this because of it's proximity to Hollywood Boulevard and the nearness to public transport. Although everybody drives in LA, believe me, unless the balance of your mind is disturbed, you really don't want to!
The Coffee Shop attached to the Hotel provides good & wholesome 'diner' style food. It's speedily served, but you would be well advised to avoid it between 8 and 8.30 in the morning - it's very, very busy! The waiting staff are very good, particularly the lady with the impressive gallery of body art.
We would recommend this establishment for a friendly & cost-effective stay.

Should we pass that way again, we will certainly avail ourselves.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sudarg
Reviewed 6 February 2014

great location, quite clean, fascinating memorabilia & pleasant staff:

Location, location, location can not be beat! Clean and our room was large as well! Fascinating memorabilia throughout and we particularly loved the old school delightful staircase to our 4th floor room: stairs the way they were meant to be built with grand "eye candy" on the walls!

The most pleasant staff and helpful staff: Max and Mike at the front desk! We plan to return as often as possible!

Also, pleasant walk to most incredible (art deco) Pantages Theatre (raffle possibly for inexpensive tickets: check out online) and the delightful Fonda Theatre as well as so much more! Great "Hollywood Bungalow" restaurant recommend "Off Vine" in alley just off Vine: offvine.com

Lastly, pool cool temp in winter though perfect for lap swimmer, but also a bit too small but that's old Hollywood!

Room Tip: Rooms on back higher floor suggested.
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My wife and I just stayed at this Hotel in Hollywood. We were shocked to find out that the pet fee for 1 night for our 2 small dogs was going to be $150 versus $118 for us. We drove 400 miles and it was too late to find another hotel since we had a dinner appointment in 1/2 hour so we had to suck it up. Upon checkout the next morning I raised a fuss in the lobby and the manager lowered the fee to $25. The rest of the hotel experience could of been good aside from the pet fee surprise. Mind you we had inquired while making the reservation and were told that there would be no fee. Lot's of smokers in the common areas.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I chose this hotel as my driving licence had been stolen and I couldn’t hire a car. I needed to use the metro or bus system while I was in LA and the hotel is a short walk from Hollywood & Vine station so is easily accessible.

The room was very large and comfortable and had a kitchenette area which I didn’t use but might be handy for a long stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The bathroom is probably the only point that lets it down as it looks a bit institutional – big 1950s style heavy duty sink, toilet etc. Not something that would put me off staying there again though.

The ground floor restaurant serves a super breakfast and the best coffee I had the whole time I was in the US.

Great view of the Hollywood sign from the street around the back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank williamdfr
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Good clean and comfortable hotel with a fun vibe. The diner downstairs was fantastic with great food and service. Facilities are beyond what I was expecting and I thought it was better value than more expensive hotels on our trip. Extremely close to Pantages Theatre so great for any shows that you want to go to as well as other Hollywood spots. Would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western