“Great place to stay in Hollywood, CA”

Best Western Hollywood Plaza Inn
Ranked #65 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, United States
“Great place to stay in Hollywood, CA”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Great room (suite), great restaurant onsite. Lovely pool area and fairly quiet area. A short few blocks to Hollywood Blvd, and Walk of Fame, Chinese Theater. Great location for Hollywood Bowl as well. Would stay here again in a minute!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Kathryn M
bwhollywoodplaza, Manager at Best Western Hollywood Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for posting your review on your most recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again the next time you visit Hollywood.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Plymouth Meeting, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had three children with me and booked this hotel with no knowledge of it. This hotel was just 2 blocks from Hollywood Blvd. It was a small hotel but the room was clean and the beds comfortable, There was a nice pool and restaurant. The staff was exceptional! I would stay definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwhollywoodplaza, Manager at Best Western Hollywood Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again during your next visit to Hollywood.
Ferndale, Michigan
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This Best Western is in a prime location for people who're interested in the Hollywood sites. If you're going to the Hollywood Bowl for a concert (as I was), you can't get closer. You could actually stay here without a car and function pretty well in Hollywood. However, as with much of LA, you'll need a car or ample cab fare if you're planning to go just about anywhere else. Note that Highland Ave. is *very* busy at all hours and those with cars need to be patient when leaving the lot (and also prepared to turn right--turning left onto the road is an impossibility).

I've stayed in three Best Westerns in Hollywood and W. Hollywood. The other two properties were "Plus" brands, while this one is the basic brand. Upon check-in, I was upgraded to a two-room suite because of my BW status. The suite was convenient and the bed was very comfortable. This hotel makes good use of the tight space on Highland Ave., fitting a small restaurant and decent sized pool within the property. The parking spaces are tight, but there are enough for all guests.

My only complaint about this hotel is the wireless Internet--I was not able to log-in to the server on my laptop, though I connected o.k. though my iPad. The speed was adequate, but definitely not overwhelming.

In all, I'd stay here again, especially if going to the Hollywood Bowl.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor, I am please that we had the upgraded rooms available for you and that you found the rooms to be nice and comfortable. We do our best to provide superior service to all our guest. We are in the process of upgrading our wireless internet so that all devices should be able to log into our system.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Be careful of your belongings. I left a black bag at the inn when I stayed on the 24th June and the supervisor emailed that only I had to do was send through FEdEx labels and he would send it back. I've emailed David 4 or 5 times now and called on numerous occasions but without any reply. I can only think that it has now been stolen by one of the staff. Very disappointing that this is the sort of customer service you get.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank 25AbiG
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I apologize for any inconvenience you have had getting your items returned to you. David did say that you had to forward us a shipping label to the hotel which we did recieve, however a Fed-ex driver never came for the item so the box was left in a storage room. We noticed a few days ago that the box was still here so we took the box to a Fed-ex store to be shipped. It should arrive soon. I hope that someday you will give Best Western Hotels another chance to provided you with superior guest service.

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Georgia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Only needed a one night stay and found this place. Perfectly fine for one night.

They do have a small pool and a restaurant onsite. Didn't try the restaurant but it did smell good. Bed was comfy and this was an average hotel.

Front desk staff were VERY nice and helpful.

FYI - this is a motel, not a hotel. But I felt very secure/safe at it and it was comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for posting your comments on your most recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and I hope you will stay with us again in the near future.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Back in 2006 we stayed there with no problem. No parking fee back then i dont know now. I wonder is the 15 dollar anight parking is yrue. The location is perfect. Quite clean and drivibg to destication perfect. 1st time to drive in california. With no wifi just old style gps. Easy to find. Perfect if travelling with a rented car

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
bwhollywoodplaza, Manager at Best Western Hollywood Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, it is true that most hotels in Hollywood has a separate parking fee as high as 30.00, our hotel has a 15.00 parking fee per night. I apologize if there was any confusion in that matter. I am glad that your overall stay was nice and that the location was perfect for you. We hope to provide you with superior service again during your next visit to Hollywood.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a fantastic value hotel. It's no thrills but its clean, tidy and has plenty of amenities such as washing machines etc. It's also in a good location for seeing Hollywood and exploring Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd by foot. I would recommend this cheap and cheerful place to anyone, but would not recommend to honeymooner's!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
bwhollywoodplaza, Manager at Best Western Hollywood Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will visit us again the next time you come to Hollywood.