“Stay in LA”

Ranked #156 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Cobourg, Canada
“Stay in LA”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

First of all you have to realize it is no the Sheridan or Hilton.
Did not know what to think when we first arrived as the area is not a great area. Checked in and was grlad we did. first you are close to a lot of things. Would not recommend travel at night, but during the day it is a great place to stay as it is close to a lot of attractions. 2 cvs pharmacies 2 minute walk. Bus stop is close....I don't like to ride the bus but I did not mind in LA as the drivers were very helpful and we felt safe on them...taxies are not cheap.....the rooms are kept clean daily..no safe in the room but outdoor pool...we had the end room and a lot of traffic noise but it did not bother us...we would stay there again....it is a 15 min walk to Paramount Studies...buses take you to Hollywood...1 transfer....to Rodeo dr......bed was not bad for queen size and we were on 2nd floor so we felt a bit safer....went to Greek restaurant at corner Melrose and Vine and good foor...Starbucks is 2 minute walk....We read the reviews and felt safer than some other locations.....Because we were not paying $150 to $300 a night we accepted the fact we were hardly ever in the room and enjoyed our stay....We would recommend this Motel and would saty again if in town...We just wanted to see a few things before we went on our cruise to Hawaii...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Stayed here in 2011. Was good for us with what we needed it for, sleep. I guess we lucked out and got a quiet weekend. When waiting for our airport taxi some hookers were getting harrassed by cops out on the sidewalk for screaming and one looked like they had gotten pimp slapped.
Good entertainment. Better than those cheesy wax museums.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Glen C
Costa mesa
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The reason for what I aimed this hotel it was because I saw the sign of rodeway inn and due to the experience in another hotel of the same chain I decided to stay (first mistake)

First of all they didn't have a one bed room, so I didn't care to pay a few bucks more for a extra bed that I wouldn't be needing ( second mistake), then the lady in the desk it was so unfriendly, the moment I asked her for a room she gave me the look, like if I was interrupting her break , she never smiled and for moments made me feel, like as was asking her for a favor. However I got the keys and went upstairs, in my way there I noticed that the hallways were filthy, consequently the carpet inside the room had dark spots (steam cleaning needed) we found flies in the room, the maintenance of the bathroom and some repairs in the room are poorly done.
I was running late for the show that I was going to attend, otherwise I would have asked for my money back.
This place it's not even in the level of motel 6 and at least in motel 6 you pay less, if you are thinking to stay here think twice. For the record I paid $104.00 even $70 would be expensive .

Bad experience overall

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Omar R

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Whitley Bay, UK
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The location was useful. You can walk to Hollywood/Vine and Larchmont Village. Pavillions supermarket and CVS both next door. The room was clean. Breakfast was poor.There were plastic wrapped Danishes and English muffins but the toaster didn't toast. Appeared popular at weekends and we were woken up by late night returning guests going past our room. Adequate parking and free - rare in Hollywood. The wifi worked but was very slow.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ygale
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 13 January 2012

The hotel is OK. Big rooms. I could not sleep because there was a drunk guy next to our room who was alone and was singing war songs during all the night. He also spoke alone like a priest during the night. I called the night front desk and they told me they could not do anything about the situation.
The front desk service was not good also.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank inakijav
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Important note: Meanwhile the hotel has changed his name into Rodeway Inn Hollywood. We chose this budget motel as last accomodation on our round-the-world-trip. Our room on the upper floor was of medium size, simply appointed, but nice. It featured two queen size beds. Since the weather was nice, in the morning we took the free breakfast on the terrace in front of our room with a view on the pool:-) Good way to start the day! Since we had a rental car, we were glad the hotel offered also free parking. It's a good place to stay for a couple of nights. It's a motel and you cannot have high expectations.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Beaumont, California
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This was such a good experience. When I arrived, my reservation (though I had a confirmation at home) did not show up on the records of the hotel. The Clerk was extremely helpful, and got me settled into a nice, clean, secure, quiet room. I was in town to see an Irish tenor (Paul Byrom), and I noticed directly across the street from the hotel was an Irish Gift Shop. It was a perfect location for me, for the tone of my event. The property is located next to Vons market, and Starbucks very close by, not to mention the close proximity of the theatre, Melrose shopping district, Farmers Market, and all the beautiful Hollywood stately homes. I enjoyed the whole trip, and the comfort of the (now) RodewayInn at 777 Vine...was just great.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo