“Location is the only thing it has going for it.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #155 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sacramento, California
“Location is the only thing it has going for it.”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed 3 night during a training for work. I had my husband and two year old daughter with me so the location was great there was things to do while I was training all day. The room when I walked in the curtian was falling off the wall. The frige and microwave where not cleaned and the freazer part was so frozen up you couldnt put anyhting in there. the room was very hot and smelled bad. the beds are from the 70's along with the bed spreads. I dont use the top spread anywase. The next morning went down for breakfast to find a pastery caprisun juce ( not even 100% juice) and a english muffin. No fruit nothing. The front desk clerks didnt welcome me and was asleep behind the desk every time I wnet to the office. The place is complety gated and when you try to get in the office you have to wait for a desk clerk to let you in even during the day.( took over 15 min one time) the location and the pool was great.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lisa M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We chose the Hollywood Rodeway Inn because of proximity to cafes & restaurants of W. Hollywood realizing it would probably not be in one of the better areas of LA County. That was affirmed upon arrival to see iron gated parking area & desk clerk barracaded behind plexi-glass wall! We had a very spacious corner room with 2 windows to outside & enjoyed Fridge and flat screen TV. After returning late one evening, found no remaining parking spots in motel lot; upon waking up the night clerk, was informed that we could double park (risking damage to car) or park in the street - neither option was acceptable. Pool was non-heated & too cold to use.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BCBesanc
Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed 4 April 2013

A huge value for money! Very simply but effectively furnished and the room layout is kool but small. No restaurant but flanked by Thai, Korean and other eateries. Not very family friendly but very good for single or couple who are alone without kids. Very skeletal staffing but very nice people.

Room Tip: A top floor room will be kool.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 3 April 2013

This is a smaller 40 or so room hotel with enclosed courtyard with pool. Its location is great if you want to be near Hollywood. Its on corner of Melrose and Vine Streets. Rooms are average sized and have flat screen TV's, decent beds that were just replaced and good bathrooms. The shower has got to be in the top five best high pressure showers I've ever used! Across the street is a Subway and burger place in a small strip mall. As far as neighborhood, probably wouldn't wander around the streets late at night. The motel itself is very secure with gated parking and no way onto the property except through the office. The pool is small but has chairs and small tables with canopys if you just wanna hand out and get sun. For the price of $60, its a good bargain if you are try to be budget conscious and not far away from alot of the Hollywood attractions. Use caution when making reservations on ChoiceHotels.com...they have pictures of this motel confused with another larger Rodeway Inn further away in Hollywood.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Cobourg, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2013

First of all you have to realize it is no the Sheridan or Hilton.
Did not know what to think when we first arrived as the area is not a great area. Checked in and was grlad we did. first you are close to a lot of things. Would not recommend travel at night, but during the day it is a great place to stay as it is close to a lot of attractions. 2 cvs pharmacies 2 minute walk. Bus stop is close....I don't like to ride the bus but I did not mind in LA as the drivers were very helpful and we felt safe on them...taxies are not cheap.....the rooms are kept clean daily..no safe in the room but outdoor pool...we had the end room and a lot of traffic noise but it did not bother us...we would stay there again....it is a 15 min walk to Paramount Studies...buses take you to Hollywood...1 transfer....to Rodeo dr......bed was not bad for queen size and we were on 2nd floor so we felt a bit safer....went to Greek restaurant at corner Melrose and Vine and good foor...Starbucks is 2 minute walk....We read the reviews and felt safer than some other locations.....Because we were not paying $150 to $300 a night we accepted the fact we were hardly ever in the room and enjoyed our stay....We would recommend this Motel and would saty again if in town...We just wanted to see a few things before we went on our cruise to Hawaii...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Stayed here in 2011. Was good for us with what we needed it for, sleep. I guess we lucked out and got a quiet weekend. When waiting for our airport taxi some hookers were getting harrassed by cops out on the sidewalk for screaming and one looked like they had gotten pimp slapped.
Good entertainment. Better than those cheesy wax museums.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Glen C
Costa mesa
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The reason for what I aimed this hotel it was because I saw the sign of rodeway inn and due to the experience in another hotel of the same chain I decided to stay (first mistake)

First of all they didn't have a one bed room, so I didn't care to pay a few bucks more for a extra bed that I wouldn't be needing ( second mistake), then the lady in the desk it was so unfriendly, the moment I asked her for a room she gave me the look, like if I was interrupting her break , she never smiled and for moments made me feel, like as was asking her for a favor. However I got the keys and went upstairs, in my way there I noticed that the hallways were filthy, consequently the carpet inside the room had dark spots (steam cleaning needed) we found flies in the room, the maintenance of the bathroom and some repairs in the room are poorly done.
I was running late for the show that I was going to attend, otherwise I would have asked for my money back.
This place it's not even in the level of motel 6 and at least in motel 6 you pay less, if you are thinking to stay here think twice. For the record I paid $104.00 even $70 would be expensive .

Bad experience overall