“Routinely Hilton Paris READ THIS!!!!!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood
Ranked #62 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Brush Prairie, Washington
“Routinely Hilton Paris READ THIS!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Very typical Hilton offerings. Staff very helpful and nice. Grounds nice. everything was nice. I was hoping being the fact it was in Hollywood, California I would be impressed by something extra???
While it was nice that's all it was. I guess you go to the area expecting something special- or at least I did. Rooms are nice and handicap bathroom is good even a little elbow room that I really like. We needed some extra towels and they brought them very quickly. desk people where very courteous and all smiles. Price was about what I expected. Overall very good- what we all have grown to expect from Hilton over the years. I'm NOT a fan of Paris and her lavish ways- I would really like to see her travel to ANY third world countries and donate some of that money to people in serious NEED! Think about it Paris if you ever read this????

Room Tip: Go to the Back of the Hotel, sound did seem to travel thru floors as I did not hear anything from ot...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The hilton garden inn is located just about 300 yards from Hollywood Central, nice motel new, great kitchen, great staff, great service, perfect spot located to hwy to and from San Francisco and San Diego.

Hollywood itself, Beverly Hills, mull holland drive. The stars on foot paths, look we were a little disappointed, these areas are a bit tired, a bit run down and while seeing where movies wee shot, it is clear Hollywood movies do magic, the places look really ordinary amazing how they appear in movies like leather weapon and so many others. don't do a late afternoon tour in dec, it gets dark real quick and you see very little, we were conned a little on this and the hotel staff did suggest we do one soon after arrival, so that was disappointing that it got dark and cold, but seeing the places ourselves in our car later showed that night perhaps hid the age a bit.. Uni studies is great, the tour fun the VIP tour at $300 a person, hope it is really good, we passed. Pay for close parking well worth it $30. Stewarts camer shop is just down from main area, great shop. Are to get cameras supplies in our travels. Really no one knew of any shops, as I buy pro and semi pro cards and accessories that was annoying, but stewarts were great another shop nearby also terrific.

Room Tip: We had front facing room. Nice. Lots of traffic though busy area at peak times
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights, clean room, friendly staff, great locations. Pool was always ready even the weather was not for swimming. Close to Hollywood blvd. Variety of continental breakfast could be better
I was surprised by paying $4 for cup of tea

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Design flaw in room mars otherwise good hotel

First off, let me say that this is a good little hotel in Hollywood. It’s well located to the Walk of Fame and reasonably priced. If you need to go to places that are further away (it took an hour to return home from Santa Monica one night) I’d stay closer to your other locations, but that’s true of all of LA and you just expect traffic if you are trying to go distances from anywhere. It’s on a busy street and when I checked in they gave me a room (626) on an upper floor facing the street. If you are someone who lives around some street noise, this won’t bother you, but I don’t so I requested a different room, which they immediately jumped to do. They moved me across the hall to 623, which, like the other odd numbered rooms, faced the parking lot as well as a hillside behind the hotel upon which were sprinkled some lovely homes and overlooked the outdoor poor. It was a better view in my opinion, and was extremely quiet. The rooms are nicely done, clean, have Keurig Coffee machines and a mini-fridge. The gym has newer equipment and was fine to work out in every day.

The best thing of all was the staff. They were cheerful, accommodated everything I asked for from calling cabs to finding me a bowl and spoon. They were always greeting you in the lobby and asking if you needed anything. I noticed they put out cookies in the lobby in the evenings.

So here is what resulted in my score of 3, which would have been a 5 otherwise, but I feel strongly about this aspect of the hotel. The design of the bed frames is terrible. The frames are dark brown wooden boxes that sit above the floor on legs. The bedspreads are bright white and there is about 3-4 inches between the mattress and the frame corners. The carpet is new and has an olive green pattern interspersed with dark brown lines. The result of the carpet and boxy brown bed frames is that what you visually pick up on is the bright white bedspread covering the mattress. But, that mattress is set back 3-4 inches from the corner of those frames. I am on my second day of a 4 day stay and have smacked my knees no less than 4 times, two of which happened in the middle of the night making it extremely difficult to go back to sleep. I’m not a particularly clumsy person, but if you are very agile this could be the perfect hotel for you. If you are average in the agility department, are older with fragile joints (I have rheumatoid arthritis in my knees and striking them on wooden objects is a serious concern for me), have smaller children, or have any kind of disability requiring maneuvering with an assistive device, this is not the hotel for you. I don’t know who thought to put cornered bed frames at knee level in a hotel room in the first place, but to add on the white mattress illusion combined with the fact that the frames are up off the floor, which allows your toes to go under the bed while your knee is fully striking it, is beyond me. I have the beginnings of bruises on both knees as I type this and my right one is actually swollen and has a visible scrape. If it had been a child’s cheek laid open, there’d be a hospital run involved. I have 2 more nights to go.

So, if you are very agile or own kneepads, this would be a great stay in Hollywood. I hope the management will consider putting bumpers on the corners of the beds or doing something to prevent hitting them.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel in odd-numbered sequence are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dallasgal1646
Droitwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had a very enjoyable four night stay at Hilton Garden Inn. Centrally located 10 minutes from Dolby Theatre, Graumann's Chinese and Walk of Fame. Staff very friendly and helpful, rooms comfortable and clean, restaurant adequate for breakfast and dinner, but menu is not very extensive - OK for four nights. Fixed price menu good value. Lots of restaurants in easy walking distance - Mexican, Italian, Steak Grill, Burgers etc., etc. Noise mentioned in other reviews was not a problem in high room overlooking street.

Room Tip: Higher floors or rooms at rear have less noise from traffic
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn for several days to spend Thankgiving with family. The hotel, on Highland just north of Hollywood Boulevard, is well-situated for people who need to get around central L.A. The premises are very clean, the staff were consistently friendly and helpful, and there's a decent bar and restaurant on the first floor. Because it's so close to major attractions along Hollywood Boulevard, such as the Dolby and El Capitan Theaters, anticipate the $32 per day valet parking charge, as without valet service, tourists and locals would flood the parking lot with their own cars to go to those attractions and you might have no place to park.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We enjoyed staying at this hotel. It was close to the walk of fame (8-10 min walk) and there was a mini market across the road and some take away shops.The staff were friendly as well, always asking how our day had been and helping with our enquiries. The rooms were ok with comfy beds LCD TV, fridge and even a microwave. It even has a pool to cool off after a long day sight-seeing and even a gym room.
They also provide a cooked breakfast(at cost) with just about anything you want. We were on the 6th floor facing the pool which was good because Highland Ave. gets busy but we never heard street noise.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family