“Garden Inn Hilton - Hollywood, CA”

Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood
Ranked #62 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Cleveland, TX, United States
“Garden Inn Hilton - Hollywood, CA”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel has a great staff & accommodations and is located within walking distance of Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood CA. They have a great pool and hot tub that is privately located in the rear of the hotel. The restaurant serves excellent food at reasonable prices.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 23 February 2014

For being in Hollywood - it was a great hotel for the price. Very close to the walk of fame and other Hollywood attractions - so you'll save money and time not having to drive to the attractions. The room was very clean - and had plenty of hot water. The bed was very nice and soft - both my husband and I slept very well - which we don't always on Hilton garden inn mattresses - but this one was great. We actually were in town to see "Book of Mormon" at Pantages Theatre and staying here we were able to take the Metro to the play since the station is very close to the hotel. So we saved money by taking public transportation! Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: If you don't want a noisy room ask the front desk for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed there for two nights with a friend, here is a summary of my experience:
Pros:
- Good value vs. money compared to other properties in LA (LA stays are quite expensive)
- Great proximity to Hollywood walk of fame (Max. 10 min walk), it is a very good location for Hollywood nightlife as there are a lot of pubs and clubs in Hollywood within a walking distance.
- Staff are very friendly and helpful.
- Rooms are clean and beds are comfy.

Cons:
- Room amenities could have been better.
- Rooms are not very spacious, I would say max occupancy would be 2 and it might even be a struggle.
- Parking was 32$ per night which is costly compared to other hotels in the area.

Summary is I would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: Try and get a room on high floor, for good views get one overlooking the street, if you prefer a mor...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
San Diego, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I would not stay here again! Highly over rated. Room at best was a Motel 7 quality. Not at all what was portrayed to us on the Web site. Food was horrible. Front desk service was awesome. However, they could only do so much to help us with the situations we encountered.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GardenInnManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We're sorry to hear that your stay with us was disappointing and appreciate your feedback about our menu offerings. We've passed on your comments to our food and beverage team as well as thanked our staff for their dedication to hospitality. However, we certainly welcome any additional comments you have. We're committed to our guests' comfort.
Sherman Oaks, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

A very nice-looking hotel but still quite noisy and very, very expensive (for what you get). Also, our sink didn't work properly. Had we stayed for more than one night I would have complained more/possibly looked into getting a different room. As it was, we were there for very long so we simply sucked it up and made the best of it. If I were to stay here again, I would definitely make sure to stay well away from the elevators as they were loud.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Eric S
Long Island
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This hotel has a great location for walking through Hollywood's tourist area.
The parking is a bit pricey, but you'll pay to park anywhere in the area.
The breakfast area was packed one day with a chaotic layout and the next day it was near empty.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank KCandJP
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 February 2014

OK, My expectations of American hotels are low to start with as we get so spoilt in Asia with fantastic hotels for the price.

However the Hilton Garden Inn was a nice surprise and I have only great things to say about this hotel. Particularly the little things - let me explain. I was there for a work event and the organizer had my arrival time wrong by a day - early and after a 15 hour flight from Sydney you can imagine how exhausted I was only to find that I didn't have a room (not the fault of the hotel). However this was not a problem for the guys at the counter as they were able to check me in early at no additional cost and even gave me a breakfast voucher. This kind of service set the tone for the whole stay - everyone was extremely pleasant do deal with, nothing was too much trouble and everything was taken care of when I need it.

During my stay I had a chance to hang out in the bar and the experience was very relaxing. Good ambience and the staff were great consistent with the rest of my experiences at the hotel. Good selection of beers and a happy hour selection with some solid choices on the menu if you are hungry. There seemed to be lots of fries with the meals but hey it is America after all :)

The breakfast was very adequate without being over the top. I ordered an omelette most days and this was nicely done and plenty of extras from the Bay-Marie if still hungry. I had vouchers each day included with my room, but heard some other guests complaining about the breakfast prices and they crossed the road to starbucks (so you have options nearby the hotel if you want something different or less expensive).

My room was fronting the street and never heard too much noise, despite my jetlag. Walking distance to Hollywood B and some choice night spots around town. Recommended for business or leisure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business