Hollywood Orchid Suites
US$334
  • Pool
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$239
US$319
US$256
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$297
  • Beachfront
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$565
US$333
US$309
US$635
US$360
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$302
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
2,328 results
All reviewsfull kitchenbreakfast ladykodak theatregreat locationbagelsrooftop gardenchinese theatreseparate kitchenconverted apartment buildinguniversal studiosthe breakfast areasecure parkingdining tableking suitemetro stationminute walkcontinental breakfast
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My husband and i stayed here for 3 nights recently and were really happy with our choice. There was free parking, the breakfast was good, the wifi was a little weak in room.
The room we were given was really big with a full kitchen. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. There is an entrance right across the road for the Hollywood & highland centre so its in a really good location for the Walk of Fame and Graumans Chinese Theatre. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good location on a budget.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This was my second visit to the Orchid Suites, and just like the first time we we're not disappointed. If you are after luxury then this is not the place for you, but if you are after fantastic location and value then this is perfect! I think it is better than any standard hotel because it is like a home away from home. We had the executive suite and paid around $119 per night. We had two queen beds, large flatscreen t.v, 4 seater dining table and a full kitchen. It is fantastic, escpecially if you want to save money by not eating out every night. It backs on to the Hollywood Highland mall and is about a 50 metre walk from Hollwood Boulevard. All in all, would definatly reccommend.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2011

It was our second visit to the Hollywood Orchid Suites in two years and we were not disappointed! Got a room at the back of the complex with it's own balcony, a perfect spot to dine, relax with a book/iPad, and soak up the beautiful LA sunshine, with clear views of the hills behind.

Positives:
- Spotless rooms and efficient housekeeping service
- Friendly service from the staff on the front desk
- Plentiful continental breakfast
- Location central to local attractions, public transport, restaurants, supermarkets, pharmacy, retail outlets, departure points for tours/day trips
- Free wi-fi
- In-room safe
- Large, comfortable beds
- We found the other guests to be reasonably quiet throughout our stay
- Basement parking garage
- Coin-operated laundry with washing powder/softener vending machine
- Ice machine and vending machines on basement level

Drawbacks:
- Delivery trucks arriving from 6am at the back of Hollywood & Highland and Renaissance Hotel, however this cannot be helped and is NOT a fault of the hotel. Ear plugs work well to block the noise caused by the trucks.

We will ALWAYS consult the Hollywood Orchid Suites on any future stays in LA, a stay here is very well worth the price paid!

Room Tip: Third floor (if possible); towards the far end of the complex.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I wanted to give this hotel 3 and a half out of 5, but since that isn't allowed I went for 3 out of 5. 3 seems a little too mean as there are so many positives about the hotel, it's just that the negatives really did make a difference to our stay.
First let me start by saying my husband and I are in our late 30's. Hardly party animals, not noisy people by nature. We arrived in LA from the UK late afternoon and tried to get straight on LA time, but inevitably we were wide awake at 3am the following morning. We got up, took showers and dressed - all done quietly, no TV turned on or anything. Yet the front desk found it necessary to call us around 4.30am to say that someone had complained about the "noise"!!!! What, the noise of us walking to the bathroom and back and having showers??! I explained to the person who called that we had simply arisen early, showered & dressed and they said yes.....it was probably the sound of the shower!
That night when the people upstairs above us arrived back after their day out and we could hear every single footstep, every creak of the floorboards, hear when they flushed the toilet and when the shower ran, we understood how our everyday living sounds could have been heard. Still, a bit rich to complain and worse still that the hotel then called us - as if it's our fault the walls and floors are so thin your neighbours can hear you? Clearly it's an ongoing issue - so the hotel need to deal with it, not put the onus on paying guests! I have read MANY other reviews saying the same - so if you are okay walking on eggshells out of fear of offending people, this is the hotel for you. To my mind though, a hotel should be used to dealing with international travellers from different time zones and making sure that the hotel can handle this. I can honestly say - hand on heart - that we did not make any excessive noise, or much noise at all. We felt very awkward after the complaint, and more than a little upset.
The bathroom was very small and quite shabby - dirty tiles, grouting etc. The taps in the sink area were old, dirty and need replacing. The suite itself (room 210) is spacious, with a new flat screen TV and dresser but the whole place has a feel of being old and basic, but we are fine with that - after all, it was also on the whole clean, safe and roomy.
The positives are the location - you cannot get closer to Hollywood Blvd, the Metro, Hollywood & Highland shopping centre and The Kodak Theatre without paying twice, three times the price. This is the trade off you make - you get a very reasonable price of $109 per night if you book through the hotel website.
Breakfast was very good, the communal areas (pool, roof terrace, lobby, computer area etc) are all clean and well maintained.
The staff here are simply wonderful. Every single person we interacted with was polite, attentive and helpful; they are a credit to the hotel. The housekeeping is spot on.
I wanted to love this hotel. By the end of the holiday I was feeling better about it all. Would I return? Probably, just for the price and the location.
The Wifi is very sketchy. We often could not pick up the hotel wifi and ended up being connected to another network which worked better!
With some updating, replacements made to basic things such as faucets and some replacement carpeting/walls/soundproofing, this hotel could be a 5 out of 5.

Room Tip: Vending machines with drinks (from $1.50) and snacks (from $0.85) on the ground floor, next door to the landry and the door out to the car park - free parking. Take the elevator down. Our room had a balcony - many do. Nice for eating breakfast.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I just got back from my most recent trip and spent 5 nights at the Hollywood Orchid suites. It was my 2nd visit to the Hollywood Orchid - my friend and I stayed there a couple of years ago and really liked it, the only reason we hadn't stayed there on our last trip that it was already booked! It is a small hotel & apparently rather popular so my advice is book well in advance to get your room :) If you book directly through the hotel's own website you will get the best rate, we booked a room with 2 double beds and a kitchenette (fridge & mini stove with 2 burners, a cabinet of pans & dishes & silverware but no microwave)

It is nothing lavish andt the furnishings and rooms look a bit dated but the Hollywood Orchid Suites has lots going for it - #1 is LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. It is immediately hidden behind the big Hollywood and Highland complex, I mean immediately as in walk outside the loading docks & cross the street and there it is. From the pool area you see the back wall of the Kodak Theater a few feet away. We went to see the Cirque Du Soliel Iris show in that complex as well as a Jimmy Kimmel taping across the street and it was wonderful to have such a short walk and not worry about parking and traffic.You can also catch the subway from there up to Universal Studios.

Parking is free (great value!) and quite adequate for the hotel. I got a chuckle out of the fact that every parking space is named for a celebrity, I had enough trouble remembering what my nondescript silver rental car looked like but I could remember if it was "Brad Pitt" or "Angelina Jolie" very easily : )

the staff are all very friendly and helpful and glad to recommend things in the neighborhood and post helpful ideas of what to do in the elevators. A very nice continental breakfast is provided and they have a computer set up with a printer in the 2nd floor breakfast area that was very handy for printing out tickets. My only (very) minor complaint is that their wifi isn't very strong and connecting is a bit spotty in the rooms but worked better in the hall and breakfast area, at least we were able to do what we needed to do and didn't spend that much time awake hanging in the hotel as we kept very busy!

It is definitely nothing fancy and if you 1st class accomodations and la-ded-ah decorating then pay 3x as much and stay at the Renaissance next door but I find the Hollywood Orchid Suites to be a great value and nothing could be more convenient! Will definitely be returning to our hidden gem - I have to admit I initially found it through TripAdvisor reviews and am grateful for the recommendations I have used!

Room Tip: Book in advance as it is a small hotel and is frequently booked up!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends