The location of this hotel is prime for seeing the main hollywood area. When we were staying here, we even got glimpses of Katy Perry when she was performing there! However, because of this, we couldn't see the chinaman theater which was a bit of a disappointment..
The staff was superb here. probably the best of our entire trip. the receptionists were friendly and helpful, providing us with lots of information and allowing us to see the rooms before we booked them. House keeping here was also amazing, especially this one lady (whose name escapes me, but she was hispanic and has the thursdays off), who was so helpful especially at breakfast, toasting bagels for us and just providing us with breakfast service even though its suppose to be a self serve thing.
The rooms were nice and suited our needs well. We stayed in a 2 king bed room which had a well equipped kitchen and dining area. It felt like a small apartment! It was clean and the internet good!
Downstairs, in the basement, there is a laundry room with cheap laundry facilities! Only 1.25 per load washed! same with drying! Stamps can also be brought downstairs.
The parking was secure and fantastic. There were lots of parking lots, each customised with a famous movie stars name printed next to the number. In order to get to the parking lot, you needed a key that came with the room card in order to open the gate making the parking area incredibly safe.
Right infront of the hotel is a larger more expensive hotel which has a NYPD small office located within the large hotel making it safe too. because of the closeness of the NYPD, and because the Orchid is at the back of the big hotel, there is actually a CCTV camera monitoring this street, increasing security.
Additionally, the large hotel infront had a Hertz rent a car base which allowed us to easily return the car we had rented.
A fantastic location with fantastic services and pretty good rooms! Rather cheap too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. Our cancellation policy is 72 hours; check in is at 3 p.M. And check out at noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles