We stayed there for 4 nights during our 2 week Southern California trip. What you are paying for is the location. It is next to everything Hollywood you would need/want to see. Universal Studios was about a 10 minute drive up the road. Security at the hotel was great and the parking garage was great, also. What we didn't like was the rock hard beds and the carpet was so dirty that as soon as you walked on it with socks, they would turn black. The a/c units in the apt ran loud and hardly cooled anything. There were no doors on the bathroom and it looked like there was black mold in the bathroom and along the floor trim in the hallway and back bedroom. The kitchen was nice, although all we used was the fridge to keep some milk cold for the kids. The pool looked nice, but small. We never did use it as there were lots of older kids playing and we have very small kids. The hotel staff was nice and did know our names and greeted us every time we went in and out. They did help us out by finding my daughter's doll and holding it for us for a few days until we could make our way back to LA to get it. The breakfast was decent..nothing fancy...a few kinds of cereal, coffee and juice and bagels. All in all, the place is located great, but it was outdated and dirty. I would not recommend it to anyone until the rooms get cleaned up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. Our cancellation policy is 72 hours; check in is at 3 p.M. And check out at noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles