Hollywood Orchid Suites
US$335
US$328
US$319
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$239
The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
US$351
US$330
  • Breakfast included
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$313
US$297
  • Beachfront
US$330
US$309
US$572
US$452
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$268
  • Restaurant
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$440
US$405
Hotwire.com
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$404
US$377
  • Beachfront
2,328 results
All reviewsfull kitchenbreakfast ladykodak theatregreat locationbagelsrooftop gardenchinese theatreseparate kitchenconverted apartment buildinguniversal studiosthe breakfast areasecure parkingdining tableking suitemetro stationminute walkcontinental breakfast
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This was my fourth year in a row visiting Hollywood for the TCM Film Fest, again staying at Orchid Suites.
As before, the rooms are comfortable, large and VERY well-kept. I can't say enough good things about the staff. From Front Desk reception to housekeeping, all seem happy with their jobs and that makes for a good atmosphere. Everyone is very helpful and accommodating. My only tiny complaint: At booking (four months advance), I asked for a specific room. On arrival, that room was not available. I was given a room that was fine, but not quite what I was expecting.
A plus: The desk attendant recognized me upon entry and greeted me by name. It felt nice to be recognized.
You can't get a better location in Hollywood....literally steps from the Hollywood and Highland Center.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank gotarheels
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Very rarely do you come across accommodation that is the whole package. Hollywood Orchid Suites is one of those rare places that has location,quality and outstanding service. From our experience all the positive comments on TripAdvisor are thoroughly deserved.
From check in to check out our stay could not be faulted.
Everyone at reception was professional. friendly and helpful. Adam in particular was very forthcoming with good advice and assistance to make sure our stay was a pleasant one.
While unassuming from the outside the interior of the Orchid Suites is homely and well maintained. Our room was very spacious, spotlessly clean and well appointed. It was great having an apartment rather than just a hotel room. While we ate at the many restaurants nearby it was good

to have the extra space . Breakfast was exactly as described - a light continental - more than adequate.
The facilities like the pool ,rooftop garden and laundry were excellent. The whole place felt cared for and as guests we felt the same way.
As for the location you can't get any better than this. Famous landmarks, the hop on/hop off bus,shopping,liquor store,restaurants and eateries ,taxi rank, metro station all just a short walk away. We experienced all the glitz and glamour of Hollywood but at the end of the day we could retire to a quiet, restful home away from home. Couldn't have wished for a better stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BoonyPerth
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I come to Hollywood every year and have stayed at this hotel for four years in a row. When I arrived, the front desk person called out "welcome back Mr. H....." even before I got to the desk. It is this kind of attention to detail. If you have any issue, someone is right on the scene. The rooms are large, very clean and a joy to visit. Full kitchens, comfortable beds and cable TV. And an incredibly close location to all the attractions, theaters, restaurants. Very nice breakfast is included and one can bring either to your room or have it on their roof top garden.

Room Tip: It is an old structure, evidetly a converted apartment house, so the walls are thin. I have never had a problem with noise from other hotel guests, but understand how that could happen.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank SteveMartin007
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We arrived at the hotel a little early but one of our rooms were ready. We were offered breakfast while the other room was cleaned. The hotel is right behind a shopping centre which faced Hollywood Boulevard. It houses the Dhouby Theatre where the academy awards are held each year. Our room had a separate kitchen which would be handy if you were staying here for a while. The bed was comfortable and the place was very clean. The continental breakfast was good. There was a choice of fresh fruit, cereal, muffins and bagels. Coffee and tea are available in the dining room until 5.00 pm each day. The staff at this hotel are very friendly and helpful. Marla and Patricia need a special mention. We were lucky enough to be in town for the premiere of Ironman 3 and we watched the red carpet parade from the balcony in front of the Dhouby theatre.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank elgor
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Does the Hollywood Orchid suites need another glowing review? - probably not, does the staff 's professional, friendly attitude need to be mentioned again, well probably not either, but I will mention and review them both again! The Orchid is quite simply home away from home for the many who return here year after year, from Patricia to Marlo on the front desk, to manager Sandra and Grace, thank you all for making this and every stay over the last 12 years a fun and pleasurable experience!
My work has taken me around the world many times and i have been lucky enough to stay in some of the worlds best hotels, I'm not comparing the appointments and rooms at 5 star hotels to the Orchid Suites that would be missing the point, the Orchid is more like being home with friends, you have to experience it to see what I mean.
Thanks again for looking after Ann and I team, we'll see you next year!

Room Tip: Best Position in Hollywood, clean, big and friendly professional staff.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple