“Can't beat the location! ”

Hollywood Orchid Suites
Ranked #3 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Can't beat the location! ”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Fantastic location, close to all the sights. Rooms are clean and serviced and large. Stayed in the king suite.. It was perfect! Adam on reception is helpful and accommodating. The lady who runs breakfast is delightful and welcoming and breakfast is plentiful and with a good selection. Parking is an additional $10 per night and it's undercover and secure. My only complaint is the noise from housekeeping. Don't get a room down the back on the 1st floor.. There is plenty of chatter and banging as the day begins .. If you want to sleep till nine forget it! Definitely will stay here again, but on another floor :)

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Keffali

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lathrop, California
Reviewed 17 November 2013

All in all I have to say our experience was great. We stayed two nights from Friday to Sunday. The price was right and I can only enforce, you can not beat the location. You basically walk to the Highland Center in literally less than a minute. The beds are very, very comfortable. Not too soft, not too hard. They are perfect. The room we stayed in was like an apartment. kitchen, bathroom, living room couch with pull out bed and a separate bedroom with a King size bed. Everything was clean and kind of old school cozy. The staff and service from check in until check out was flawless, prompt and very courteous. For just a small extra charge I would recommend the hotel parking. It can be very expensive and unsafe to park your car in other areas. My only two small complaints are that the shower head in the bathroom is way too high, because even if you don't feel like washing your hair you kinda have to, because it will get wet. And 2nd the breakfast would be much better if there was somthing warm offered like bacon, eggs and potatoes or pancakes or anything hotter than room temperature ;) Besides that I would definately recommend this place and if I go to Hollywood again...This is where I would be.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank alexkruse
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I have now stayed at the Hollywood orchid suites on 2 different occasions during my 3 weeks in America and it was honestly the best place I stayed my whole trip.
The staff are on there game..friendly great service,giving me directions,recommendations and even printing things for me.
There is a computer available to use in the kitchen/dining area as well on top of there beyond the call service.
The room and bathroom is clean,kitchen well stocked and overall the whole hotel is well cared for and maintained.
The pool is heated and a lovely place to chill.
But most of all the best continental breakfast I've had hands down ...bagels,muffins,cereal,yoghurt and fresh fruit and more..Everything was lovely and more great service n a beautiful smile n chat every morning.
I started n finished my trip there and was sorely disappointed at what experienced in between staying there...
I would recommend this place to anyone who is coming to LA it's one street back from Hollywood boulevard n u can't get better value for such a great location.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The pool is heated and a lovely place to chill.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

The staff here are A+. Super friendly and very helpful. You cannot be the location of this hotel. Steps away from the walk of fame, Chinese Theatre and Dolby Theatre. The room was dated but the bed was very comfortable. If we visit hollywood again, we will certainly stay here.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Super place to stay especially for the price. Location could not be more central, right behind the Chinese Theatre, just steps away from Hollywood Boulevard. Accommodation is quite basic, but clean and lots of space. Breakfast was fine, plenty of choice, but the seating area is quite small. Front desk staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DawnandFrankie
Darvel, Scotland
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Me, my husband and 3 kids stayed here for 2 weeks and have to say it was everything we could of wished for, you will not get a better hotel for such a fantastic price so close to hollywood blvd. A 2 minute walk from the hotel and your on "the walk of fame", the room we had was perfect, plenty of room for us all and very clean, lovely kitchen aswell, the staff were all very friendly especially 'Patricia' the breakfast lady, she made our stay even better, lovely lady, the hotel is very secure and is great to have a car park on the premises, our kids loved the heated pool aswell, we would definitely stay here again and would highly recomend it.