Have just spend a week here. Several people told me not to stay in Hollywood but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. We wanted to use public transport and this was the ideal base. Using the metro train and buses we got all over including Santa Monica, Little Tokyo, Downtown, Universal, Warner Brothers, Beverly Hills, The Grove and Farmer's Markets. Yes we had to wait for buses but seriously it was never that long and the stress from driving out of LA to Vegas nearly caused a divorce! Taxi from LAX to hotel on Thanksgiving morning was $55 including a tip. Access to Hollywood Blvd is 2 minutes on foot through the Hollywood Highland mall. All the big Hollywood sights are at your finger tips. There is a grocery store 2-5 minutes walk on Hollywood Blvd.
We paid $129 + taxes p.n. for 3 of us in a two queen bed room with separate kitchen and balcony. Room was large, comfortable and clean. Although not the most modern it was a great room that allowed us to eat in a couple of nights after exhausting days walking.
Breakfast was more than suitable. An abundance of bagels, croissants, cereals and fruit. Juices, tea and coffee was also provided. Eating area had very few tables but trays were provided so you could take your food back to your room. Awesome for relaxing in bed over brekkie! The breakfast lady was lovely, friendly and very helpful.
Nice touches - they gave us an additional TAP card to use for public transport, print outs of movie times and special events coming up were provided (found out about The Hobbit premier and Ben Stiller hand print ceremony), umbrellas to use when it rained and lollies on the front counter.
Only negative is the noise. I'm a very light sleeper but was used to it after a couple of days. They are aware it is an old building with thinner walls and have signs up asking for quiet. This is the only reason I'm not giving 5 stars.
All in all I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for the price especially if you are wanting to avoid driving in LA. Not a flash 5 star hotel but brilliant for what you pay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. Our cancellation policy is 72 hours; check in is at 3 p.M. And check out at noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles